Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 23/05/2018

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't have time to check another server.
    Well you certainly find plenty of time to opine and make elaborate complaints on this forum... nearly 1900 posts? I've also noticed that you like to minimize others' concerns with a bit of self-important sarcasm when they don't align with you own. But you're certainly not the only one....

But feedback should be taken from the primary forum and primary game and not a test instance.
    I do agree that making changes based solely on the test server is a poor choice from a customer service standpoint. However, since it is still just a free browser game I will try to play along by occasionally checking the test forum from now on. It would be nice if BB was more clear from the start that the test server/forum is also a planning environment, since one might assume that feedback and changes to the existing game were not really it's purpose.

It seems silly to make changes that are obviously going to annoy lots of people, like nerfing the pathfinder rewards and making commonly used elite troops more expensive, without a really good reason. You can't possibly expect a glowing response from your players with those kinds of surprises BB. Otherwise, I am pleased, or at least neutral with the rest of the changes. Double bp's from Snow White is definitely nice, since I still need a lot of those.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZ View Post
    Well you certainly find plenty of time to opine and make elaborate complaints on this forum... nearly 1900 posts? I've also noticed that you like to minimize others' concerns with a bit of self-important sarcasm when they don't align with you own. But you're certainly not the only one....

I do agree that making changes based solely on the test server is a poor choice from a customer service standpoint. However, since it is still just a free browser game I will try to play along by occasionally checking the test forum from now on. It would be nice if BB was more clear from the start that the test server/forum is also a planning environment, since one might assume that feedback and changes to the existing game were not really it's purpose.

It seems silly to make changes that are obviously going to annoy lots of people, like nerfing the pathfinder rewards and making commonly used elite troops more expensive, without a really good reason. You can't possibly expect a glowing response from your players with those kinds of surprises BB. Otherwise, I am pleased, or at least neutral with the rest of the changes. Double bp's from Snow White is definitely nice, since I still need a lot of those.
    I gave up on the test server long time ago. Reason I gave up is explained very clearly by AbsoluteZ. Most of the time we have no clue what we are testing, and there is very little or no feedback to our feedback, - you get the impression that you are talking to a door. Might have changed during the 4- 6 month - but I somehow doubt that.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    The point of the changes was to make the regular swordsman and marksman more appealing so people would use them more. That would be negated if the other troop types would also be changed.
    Not much point in using them when your general will loose when using them, and win if you use better trops?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    As about to reach level 70 I had looked forward to Pathfinder quests.
    With the new reward table I won't bother about those quests; will do the ones that suit my current game style so might be few weeks with 'Full House'

Double consumption of plat ore in smelters; no problem as servers are drowning in ore of zero value.

I doubt the changes in Elite Barracks will influence my game much as playing a mix of adventures, not only ABs.
    Doubt the reduced time of Swordsmen/Marksmen will get me to use them a lot more; for sure not the Marksmen.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I do not like the mounted swordsmen changes, with the platinum ore change it means each troop is going to suddenly need eight times! more platinum ore, they were already the biggest platinum sink for me. I suspect the changes to platinum ore processing would have been enough on their own without needing each troop to require 2 swords/horses.

Swordsman and Marksman could have done with being improved as units rather than costs/speed being adjusted. We already have armoured marksman and mounted marksman, so I am not sure marksman even have a place as a useful unit, even if they were given something like splash damage I suspect they would not be used.

Swordsman on the other hand could have been adapted so they were useful against flankers, this would make they extremely useful for players that have no access to Vargus.

If BB want to force players to use Swordsman and Marksman, maybe they should prevent normal units being used on elite adventures? Players would have to use Swordsman and Marksman instead of Recruits and Bowman for suicide attacks. I don't think this would appreciated by players either though :P

Regarding the level6 upgrades for the epic farmyard, are we likely to see similar upgrades for the epic woodyard? It seems to have been forgotten since it was added. It could do with being upgraded to allow for exotic wood cutting/planting too.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    How can 2x2 become 8?

Double consumption of ore in smelter; double cost of swords in barracks = quadrople consumption of ore.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I asume the new fog will only aply to those Islands wich still have fogged parts...as putting fog on a working Island sounds stupid to me....

So I will be able to train swordman faster?? Nice, good improvement, means i can do even more woodies.
    That more ore would be needed for the smelter seems a good solution as we get way to much ore as it is, usual i get after accepting lootmail 2 messages, the ore and logs wich need to go to star cause there is no place for it in store.... So maybe change the Mahogany sawmill too, to 2 logs for 1 plank?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    I asume the new fog will only aply to those Islands wich still have fogged parts...as putting fog on a working Island sounds stupid to me.
    It's not adding any new placements of fog, just updating the visual effect that already exists. Those of you who have explored their entire home-island aren't going to see this probably until you take your first steps into the upcoming Mountain Clan Campaign content.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    As for your last point, too bad there aren't translators available on the net.
    Not sure what you are referring here as I did mention players using Google translator but it's not something that BB can use for change logs or feedback as the message gets butchered most of the time. As for using real translators to do the work it's beyond realistic expectations due costs for something that is work in progress.

My point is thus:

I don't have time to check another server. I work in a test environment and I'm not going to test someone else's code without compensation. I would love to see a beta-test group for those interested and willing, but for the rest of us it's not reasonable to make 'learning by doing' the only way you can gain information.

The Change Log I would expect is posted on all servers. I'm not sure how languages are dealt with but there is always a way. This should be the common source of all change information, and should be better done. For example:

"Recruitment cost for Mounted Marksman has been increased to 2 Arquebuse and 2 Battle Horses"

This is good information. I'm told exactly what will happen. I can think ahead about anything I might want to adjust to compensate. No questions left in my mind.

"Some wood deposits have been removed from sector 15 and 16 to avoid overlapping with the "Epic Forge", a future special building on top of the volcano."

This is moderate. 'Some Wood' is a very subjective/qualified statement. The sectors are specified, but more appropriate would be a mini-map with markings indicating the exact change.

"Sector 3, 15 and 16 have been adjusted to cover the foot of the mountain. This way collectables will not spawn there anymore."

We're getting fuzzier now.... 'adjusted'? What does this mean. Can't build there anymore? What if I have buildings partially involved?? How does it affect my kingdom being the missing key ingredient.

"A new fog will now cover the home island."

Horrible. Absolutely no information at all for the player, only a blanket statement without context or explanation.

There should be a Proper and detailed Change Log published - available from the main page - that every player can easily consult without having to log in somewhere else or do there own testing to find things out. All feedback can be placed there.

Part of the frequent complaints I've read is consistency of content and location of information. I can't think of any place better than the Change Log for such notification.

~~~~

Two different subjects I perceive:

What is coming should be published in precise detail and should be unambiguous and should be available on the main page in the change log.

What might be coming is fine to have available only in test for those that want an early look and give some thoughts.

I don't see a problem with that distinction or request
    It's possible to subscribe to the test server announcement section to receive notifications about new change logs, etc. without going there to check them daily or weekly. For most changes it's enough to check the changes once a month. In the case of pathfinder there was over 4 months. You certainly seem to have a lot of time for this forum so why not spare some of it to read the upcoming changes and only participate when you see it necessary.

I agree on some parts regarding the change logs as they are sometimes a bit vague or written by a developer in a form that no one from players perspective knows what it means for sure. The change logs posted in the official forums are translated in to multiple languages by hand and sometimes extra verification is required by the translators which takes time. It could be that some lines are already problematic due "translation" even for us if most of the dev team people are German(?).

I would like to also remind that we are playing a free game and AFAIK TSO is one of last remaining free browser games as Ubisoft/BB has closed several other in the past years. Using time to pass info from every single test feature is an unnecessary burden and cost especially as there are so many regions involved. It would require manual work every time from several people.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Not much point in using them when your general will loose when using them, and win if you use better trops?
    Generals won't loose every time and there are a lot of camps in multiple adventures where it's possible and "cheaper" to roll the camp down on a single attack just my using swordsman, at least with skilled generals.

Reply to Thread