Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 23/05/2018

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    As usual enigmatic descriptions that are no description at all....new fog? where? when? for how long, how do we ( can we ? ) remove it? PLEASE explain this more fully NOW!

I am so tired of this, yet more game changes that are counter intuitive to almost all of us who actually play the game.

I was just getting to pathfinder level and now you have removed the incentive to play it - sigh. And +1 for the comments about the elite troops. Thanks for making the ones I use more expensive and the useless ones still pointless. If you had thought about these troops at the start you wouldnt have a situation where we hardly use some of them.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    So many negative comment

2 blueprint
    I am happy with that , thus I have a new goal, maximize epic farm, especially now: new daily buff quests.

Platinum Sword, Battle Horse
    More smoke than flames. I have 3 lvl6 platinum weaponsmith: produce 324 platinum sword/12h. I use steak on it, 648/12h -> 1296/24h.
    My Elite Barracks produce 850 MS/day (with 2 Drill Sergant Skunk). After patch 850x2=1700 platinum sword need. My production 648/day without buffs, with 3x or 4x buff I will produce more than enough again. There is no problem, and epic forge will help too.
    I have only 1 elit stable, but the situation is the same, with 3x or 4x buff will be happy everything again.

S, M faster production
    It is good, I saw already guides with that soldiers, thus I will try these more often.

2500 Star Coin and the 15 crystals
    I don't have problem with that. This is a lvl70 content right?!
    I will reach lvl69 soon, thus it is the future to me. At this level, my island perfect, more than perfect, everything done, I saw everything, I built everything, I tried everything many times. I think other lvl70 players same, what is the goals at lvl70. Reach lvl75 and try new raids, maximize epic farm, epic forge.
    My end content is now the epic building unlocks (blueprints) thus the weekly 15 crystals helps a lot. 52x15=780 extra crystal/year it is mean +3 venture raids/year. With this and with the buff mini quests (crystal shards) and with daily quests, we can do venture raids every month, that is huge motivation to me.

Otherwise 2500 star coin is still enough to buy gem and premium day every week and more (buffs for example). If it wont be enough I will change my generals to collect star coins, but I have enough star coin now.
    Last edited by Pretenza; 16.05.18 at 06:10.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I just checked woodcutter with some of my generals and there now several camps that are cheaper with swordsman. First sector alone has all the 5 camps being with "cheaper" losses using swordsman with my master planner MG. The extra middle camp which some people grab for extra xp/mercs/sc is now also significantly cheaper with my Anslem, 32MS -> 43S. First camp on both S2 and S3 are slightly "cheaper" with my Vargus when using swordsman and not MS.
    You don't use Mary for the additional XP like most people do?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    .I can't really complain about the changes to elite troops. I had always thought the MS and MM were a little inexpensive anyway for their power. But I'm not sure I understand the decrease in production time for units that are not as often used and not the others. I agree with the post that this might be to encourage their use more but I probably won't be because of their stats in battle. And if you wanted to reduce the abundance of platinum swords and arquebus then you should have reduced the production time of all elite soldiers so everything is used up faster. Not sure I understand the thinking of the numbers in all that..
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my calculation of troop cost includes both resource costs and the time it take to replace - which is why Marksmen don't feature anywhere except in perhaps 3 camps in all the adventures I've done. Rebalancing the production times/costs will mean I'll have to revisit every guide I have created that uses elite troops, but I'm ok with that. I expect that at the end of all this, I'll use more swordsmen and marksmen, and less of the mounted variety.

As for the Pathfinder stuff, people are going to whinge every time things are changed to their disadvantage. I'm guessing it was decided that the rewards had been set too high, and people were getting too many crystals etc.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    i would suggest BB stopped making changes to the game and concentrated of getting a replacement for flash. No point making changes to the game if no one will be able to play once flash is gone for good sometime over the next 12 months. windows, mac and linux will all be doing updates to completly remove flash from their OS. every browser including slim browser will be removing flash. adobe will be removing flash from their servers and the web. So no matter what BB say no one will be able to login once flash is gone no matter what browser u use. No point switching to HTML5 either as thats now obsolete as most browsers have already switched to webassembly.
    As for slim browser avoid it at all costs. its just chrome with 0 security on it. so ur putting ur system at very high risk if u use it just like with chrome having very little security on it to make it faster.

Maybe BB r doing these changes to drive players away to justify closing the game down due to lack of players instead of changing the coding away from flash.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretenza View Post
    So many negative comment

2 blueprint
    I am happy with that , thus I have a new goal, maximize epic farm, especially now: new daily buff quests.

Platinum Sword, Battle Horse
    More smoke than flames. I have 3 lvl6 platinum weaponsmith: produce 324 platinum sword/12h. I use steak on it, 648/12h -> 1296/24h.
    My Elite Barracks produce 850 MS/day (with 2 Drill Sergant Skunk). After patch 850x2=1700 platinum sword need. My production 648/day without buffs, with 3x or 4x buff I will produce more than enough again. There is no problem, and epic forge will help too.
    I have only 1 elit stable, but the situation is the same, with 3x or 4x buff will be happy everything again.

S, M faster production
    It is good, I saw already guides with that soldiers, thus I will try these more often.

2500 Star Coin and the 15 crystals
    I don't have problem with that. This is a lvl70 content right?!
    I will reach lvl69 soon, thus it is the future to me. At this level, my island perfect, more than perfect, everything done, I saw everything, I built everything, I tried everything many times. I think other lvl70 players same, what is the goals at lvl70. Reach lvl75 and try new raids, maximize epic farm, epic forge.
    My end content is now the epic building unlocks (blueprints) thus the weekly 15 crystals helps a lot. 52x15=780 extra crystal/year it is mean +3 venture raids/year. With this and with the buff mini quests (crystal shards) and with daily quests, we can do venture raids every month, that is huge motivation to me.

Otherwise 2500 star coin is still enough to buy gem and premium day every week and more (buffs for example). If it wont be enough I will change my generals to collect star coins, but I have enough star coin now.
    Lvl 75 came in before I hit lvl 50 so I am lvl70 now and need the star coin. Plus the mountain clan adv's are heavy on troops so will cost more with changes to elite troops. This means a lot of kill buffs would be handy so star coin will soon go.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    cant say I'm happy with the extra cost to build MS MR
    faster build times for SW and M's is handy (if I ever used them)
    change to Pathfinder is no help to me, if i wanted extra Gems I would send money!

World
    Sandycove
    I am super happy about the 2 recipes drop for snow white, I had already given up on ever getting the farmyard up and running. With this change I'll actually look into doing the EQ ventures in my star.

I'm neutral on most other points in the changelog as it'll probably not affect me much anyway. I may use more swordsmen after the change than before, but changes to Mounted Marksmen won't affect me at all since I don't have a habit of losing them anyway (unless I screw up a block or something).

Neutral on the pathfinder content since I'll probably not get up there anytime soon. I got exactly one general with bounty hunter (Mary) and get enough star coins for my need, will revisit issue once I/if I get to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui
    A new fog will now cover the home island.
    Based on my understanding on this, players that have already cleared their home island won't get affected by this at all. Just a visual effect that makes the grey clouds/fog of war the same visual effect as the one used in the new MCC ventures. ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui
    Some wood deposits have been removed from sector 15 and 16 to avoid overlapping with the "Epic Forge", a future special building on top of the volcano.
    @BB_Saqui: Am I correct in understanding the deposits affected are the ones highlighted in the pictures added? So, it'll give more space to build overall.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    FOG?!?!

<Panic mode's text removed, as BB Saqui provided more information on this topic of fog.>
    Last edited by The_Sarmatian; 16.05.18 at 23:56.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I think it's rude and arrogant to expect me to maintain an existence on another server just to be involved with feedback and opinions about the game. I avoid the test server. It attacks me with a million quests and things to achieve and generally annoys me. And since there are often changes before things go live anyway I figure I'll just wait and see.

But feedback should be taken from the primary forum and primary game and not a test instance.
    First, it takes you less than 5 minutes to login to the test forum and leave some feedback. You were capable of reading the change log here and respond to it so you should be capable to do the same there. Second, even if you also decide to login in to the game, you can only focus on the features being tested. You do not have to maintain the island nor go through quests. There is a hefty starter pack given to each player and the merchant has it's own special shop section to aid testing.

Also sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "primary" forum as the world does not go around our 3 small servers. There are +20 regions and forums with more than a twice the amount of servers using different languages. When things are tested the focus is to do it centralized way and at test server where the developers can interact with the community and iterate on the feedback more quickly. They do not go to every single forum and would not even be capable to understand all the feedback due different languages. Sometimes local feedback threads are created and the feedback is collected, translated and passed forward by the community managers but it's not possible to do it for every single feature change or addition. On top of that it's very slow and inefficient way to do that.

I'm sure our community managers here and other regions pass most of the forum feedback forward, including the ones in this thread. In some cases it might make difference but in general it's already too late when the changes have already been made.

Finally of speaking arrogance and even someone feeling a bit entitled... there are people at the test server forums from Russia, Poland, Germany, etc. servers leaving their localized forums and game instances to leave feedback weekly in a foreign language to them. Some struggle and use google translate or write very simple English but yet they all try contribute and provide feedback. Yet here you are complaining in a English spoken forum and most likely a native speaker wanting to be served at "home" just because it's more convenient for you.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 16.05.18 at 16:19.

Reply to Thread