Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 23/05/2018

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    'update to the fog you see during adventures'....er.....I have player every adventure there is and not one of them has fog on the map!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    'update to the fog you see during adventures'....er.....I have player every adventure there is and not one of them has fog on the map!
    Just you wait till you travel to colder places!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by minoreva View Post
    Dont like the changes made on Pathfinder rewards (5k Star coins was the best and most important reward for me on that) Everything else on changelog sounds great
    I agree- have no need for more crystals - I have more than plenty as it is. The star coins is my motivation to do the pathfinder quests each week. With that gone what will be my motivation to play? what will be the fun ???
    Yes I know that new ventures are on their way - but they will soon not be new.
    Please keep hands off star coins.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I really like that You added a reward for collecting collectibles. I was always disappointed when i collect all, click to finish it, and nothing happens except removing the quest from the list. After awhile I just didn't click to finish the quest.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Just you wait till you travel to colder places!
    The problem with the colder places is that they are very white to look at. Could you please make a buff that makes the maps bearable to look at for more than 5 minutes at a time. A buff like that might even make people do AE.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    The problem with the colder places is that they are very white to look at. Could you please make a buff that makes the maps bearable to look at for more than 5 minutes at a time. A buff like that might even make people do AE.
    When BB introduced the curious black n white BK thing people quickly found that sandmans powder make the screen normal again. Perhaps the same with this or maybe try the sunny buff. A guess on my part.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    First, it takes you less than 5 minutes to login to the test forum and leave some feedback. You were capable of reading the change log here and respond to it so you should be capable to do the same there.... Yet here you are complaining in a English spoken forum and most likely a native speaker wanting to be served at "home" just because it's more convenient for you.
    As for your last point, too bad there aren't translators available on the net.

My point is thus:

I don't have time to check another server. I work in a test environment and I'm not going to test someone else's code without compensation. I would love to see a beta-test group for those interested and willing, but for the rest of us it's not reasonable to make 'learning by doing' the only way you can gain information.

The Change Log I would expect is posted on all servers. I'm not sure how languages are dealt with but there is always a way. This should be the common source of all change information, and should be better done. For example:

"Recruitment cost for Mounted Marksman has been increased to 2 Arquebuse and 2 Battle Horses"

This is good information. I'm told exactly what will happen. I can think ahead about anything I might want to adjust to compensate. No questions left in my mind.

"Some wood deposits have been removed from sector 15 and 16 to avoid overlapping with the "Epic Forge", a future special building on top of the volcano."

This is moderate. 'Some Wood' is a very subjective/qualified statement. The sectors are specified, but more appropriate would be a mini-map with markings indicating the exact change.

"Sector 3, 15 and 16 have been adjusted to cover the foot of the mountain. This way collectables will not spawn there anymore."

We're getting fuzzier now.... 'adjusted'? What does this mean. Can't build there anymore? What if I have buildings partially involved?? How does it affect my kingdom being the missing key ingredient.

"A new fog will now cover the home island."

Horrible. Absolutely no information at all for the player, only a blanket statement without context or explanation.

There should be a Proper and detailed Change Log published - available from the main page - that every player can easily consult without having to log in somewhere else or do there own testing to find things out. All feedback can be placed there.

Part of the frequent complaints I've read is consistency of content and location of information. I can't think of any place better than the Change Log for such notification.

~~~~

Two different subjects I perceive:

What is coming should be published in precise detail and should be unambiguous and should be available on the main page in the change log.

What might be coming is fine to have available only in test for those that want an early look and give some thoughts.

I don't see a problem with that distinction or request
    Last edited by Xibor; 16.05.18 at 22:39. Reason: Additional thought...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I do but not for all camps as it's too slow with one
    I do Woodcutter in 40 mins with a bronze horseshoe (not including travelling time). I can fit it in during a lunch hour, and I use Mary at every possible camp. That's not too long imho.

However this is off topic somewhat - not really part of the upcoming change

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello folks - thank you all for giving your input regarding this upcoming update! I just wanted to share some clarity on some comments regarding the new "fog" visual: this is purely just a visual update to the fog you see during adventures and if you've still got unexplored places on your home island.
    Panic mode -OFF-! BB Saqui, Thank you for this clarification. No fog on my island. ...<a slow deep breath out>

World
    Sandycove
    Hello folks - thank you all for giving your input regarding this upcoming update! I just wanted to share some clarity on some comments regarding the new "fog" visual: this is purely just a visual update to the fog you see during adventures and if you've still got unexplored places on your home island.
    Ah!

Stress level reduced.....
    annoyance level reduced....
    interest in upcoming changes increased...

almost as good as a glass of wine

Thanks for that

Reply to Thread