Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 23/05/2018

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    I'll bite, what is MCC chain? Mountain Clan, which is not available, still in test?
    How can you be so certain about MCC if its still in test and subject to change?
    Yes it's at test in feedback stage as in all adventures are pretty near final and there has not been many changes anymore. There are camps where the flanking provided by Nusala could possibly be useful with now "cheaper" Marksmen as the enemy troops are behind tank bosses which some also have first strike. However I have not tried them as I did not know about the troop change.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    However I have not tried them as I did not know about the troop change.
    So you're talking about something you don't know about. Your comments are not especially helpful I'm afraid.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    So you're talking about something you don't know about. Your comments are not especially helpful I'm afraid.
    I know the combat theory and basic math. Just because I have not actually simulated them in the few hours we got it the info it does not mean my knowledge is not valuable. I've completed the whole few times during the past months and seen what kind of combinations there are and which have been tricky. Before it was just cheaper to use cavalry for flank the certain troops as there were no cheaper ways to kill the troops. It was slow. Now marksmen seem to be better or at least faster option as they won't clog up the barracks as much as before.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I know the combat theory and basic math. Just because I have not actually simulated them in the few hours we got it the info it does not mean my knowledge is not valuable.
    Your reply was
    However I have not tried them as I did not know about the troop change.
    You didn't know about the troop changes which, to my mind, invalidates your point that you've tried them over the past few months.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    When are you going to add a "search" option on the friends list?
    It takes me ages until I find someone on my friend list!
    Thanks!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your reply was You didn't know about the troop changes which, to my mind, invalidates your point that you've tried them over the past few months.
    If you wan't to nitpick then go ahead but from my perspective it does not invalidate anything. Even if I did not have simulation statistics ready it does not change the fact that the MCC adventures have not changed. The unit properties have not changed. Only just some troops have become more viable in terms of time.

On a general note to everyone, I just checked woodcutter with some of my generals and there now several camps that are cheaper with swordsman. First sector alone has all the 5 camps being with "cheaper" losses using swordsman with my master planner MG. The extra middle camp which some people grab for extra xp/mercs/sc is now also significantly cheaper with my Anslem, 32MS -> 43S. First camp on both S2 and S3 are slightly "cheaper" with my Vargus when using swordsman and not MS.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by leemorton View Post
    Don't like the change to pathfinder losing so much grout and star coin for a very poor 15 crystals a week. Would like BB just to leave it alone then doing so called improvements. Also don't like the extra cost for elite troops twice the cost so we will need more buildings on our already crowded islands with all these new zone buff buildings like the spring park (which can be handy) we will need another add-on island. Thing are supposed to be improved not made worse.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mesea View Post
    And cost increase to most used elite troop but production time reduction only on least useful ones... thats a bit counter-productive. At least reduce also production time for others.
    +1

Not happy at all, bad changes. It's obvious the devs don't play at all.

minoreva
    Pathfinder quests resets night between Sunday/monday. Changelog says 23.may (wednesday) So does that mean we run 2 days with old rewards and then rest of the week with new??

HunyBun
    The point is that they (BB) want everyone to think they are actively doing something..... doesnt matter what it is, and doesnt matter what the players actually want. After all, players are just these silly people, addicted to this silly game, what do THEY know? Better to keep making more rubbish to coax their money off them!

World
    Sandycove
    Fog? What fog? All the time? Everywhere? Something we have to constantly remove with buffs? That would be incredibly annoying.

Adjustments to things at the base of the volcano - taking away wood deposits, other 'adjustments', I have buildings there. What's going to happen to them? Was there no planning ahead of how the mountain would be used to account for the things coming later and make the necessary spaces unavailable to players so there wouldn't be a conflict?

I'm not up to pathfinder yet so no comment.

Platinum smelters. Fair enough. There's too much platinum ore anyway.

+1 on the Snow White loot. There's at least 1 good change.

I can't really complain about the changes to elite troops. I had always thought the MS and MM were a little inexpensive anyway for their power. But I'm not sure I understand the decrease in production time for units that are not as often used and not the others. I agree with the post that this might be to encourage their use more but I probably won't be because of their stats in battle. And if you wanted to reduce the abundance of platinum swords and arquebus then you should have reduced the production time of all elite soldiers so everything is used up faster. Not sure I understand the thinking of the numbers in all that.

Personally I think spending coding time on wildlife changes are a waste of time because I keep them off because it's just a waste of computer resources (and pretty annoying imho) to have them walking around all over the place. But if some people like them then so be it.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be to happy about all this - most things are just adjustments to my production but this fog thing really has me worried until I get more of an explanation of what it means.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread