Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Summer Event

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    would be nice if we had the summer event at the same time as the pirate event at least that was we could get x2 on the loot on some adventures including balls i did outlaws on the test server 11 balls was the reward a lot of footballs are required this year not tha many options to get the balls

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    would be nice if we had the summer event at the same time as the pirate event at least that was we could get x2 on the loot on some adventures including balls i did outlaws on the test server 11 balls was the reward a lot of footballs are required this year not tha many options to get the balls
    As far as we know the Pirate event is nothing more than a event to test development of a mechanic for the game to chose which adventures give event bonus drops, as such it's not something which is intended for the live servers. What it would do however is open the door for them to provide us with surprise themed events in the same manner as the crisis quests.

If you look at the countdown for both Footie and Pirate events you will also see that both events do not last the same amount of time. There would be a full scale riot on the forums as the combination of mechanics your suggesting would cease to give bonus drops in the last week before the shop week.

Also with both events running at the same time on test you can't know if the balls were given by the Footie or Pirate event or both. It is my suspicion that it was intended for both events to be on test at the same time so as to generate enough uncertainty about which are the bonus advs for the Footie event to prevent pre event stockpiling of advs by players.

Once they have the mechanism behind the Pirate event working to thier satisfaction the test server will no longer be a place where we can acquire information about which are the bonus advs beforehand as the list will be generated automatically for the live servers, it could even be that the advs will be server specific or at least unique for each cluster.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    As far as we know the Pirate event is nothing more than a event to test development of a mechanic for the game to chose which adventures give event bonus drops, as such it's not something which is intended for the live servers. What it would do however is open the door for them to provide us with surprise themed events in the same manner as the crisis quests.
    BB_Alex did confirm that it will be an event in the live servers too: https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post48429

However both will not probably happen at the same time and I personally would not even like that to happen as we would have to split between "event" adventures and pirate adventures for double xp.

razorless
    Hello,
    A few things which may or may not be bugs:

In A Host Responsibilities, should "Place Holder" text really be "Snack Bar"?
    In Task Building Decorations, it required to have at least 5 (somet5hing not shown)
    The Treasure Chest showing top left on start-up has "Undefined Text"
    Task "Recruits do not Suffice" did not complete
    The Colony Mode, New Weapons - does not tracxk weapons produced
    Exhausted Field near Volcano had wheat content which was harvested
    Host of Responsibilities, all tasks after "A Level Playiung Field" have a second bullet of "NT: Complete {2,QUL}", but none of these Tasks are available to complete
    Quest The new Epic Well has undefined Text.

The game is great fun, though, and, as it's my first go on the Staging environment, I love being able ot get loads of rsource for free.

razorless
    Hello,
    One more:

The Quest "Intense Training" has a task with "Undefined Text" - makes it a bit difficult to know what to do....

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by razorless View Post
    Hello,
    One more:

The Quest "Intense Training" has a task with "Undefined Text" - makes it a bit difficult to know what to do....
    Thanks for your feedback, but for bugs, we have a section on the Test Server forums specifically for reporting such things. You can find it here!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Can those of us who already have a footie pitch (training field ) get another?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    4250 balls - x1 - Snack Stand - Produces Stadium Snacks (300% for 24hr) at a cost of 1500 sausages+1500 bread which take 2 days 23 hours to produce, the time taken to produce goes down the more you have so I am guessing one from footballs and x more from the football calendar (similar to Christmas calendar).
    1295 balls - x2 - Stone Cold Geologist - same as iron willed geo but works on stone/marble/granite.
    1499 balls - x1 - Footie Pitch - 23 hr cooldown - choice of 3 buffs - +500% pop growth on just the mayors house for 90 minutes (200 sausage + 200 brew) - +200% weaponsmith output for 1hr 30mins (300 fish+500 water) - NEW +400% output for fish/wells for 90 minutes (400 brew). This stacks with other football pitches to reduce cooldown.
    2499 balls - x1 - lucky explorer
    1999 balls - x2 - Friary

There is other stuff too like all the flags but I can't be bothered listing everything :P
    Thanks for the info as for some reason I cannot seem to get onto the test server WHATSOEVER. Anyone can remember if the footballs could be obtained from explorers? Or is this very limited, like the football match scenarios? It's been two years since, so can't remember :P

EDIT: oh I managed to get it working on FF, so can confirm that explorers bring back collectibles as well as footballs Neat!
    Last edited by WickedMouse; 23.05.18 at 13:47.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Can those of us who already have a footie pitch (training field ) get another?
    Yes. Even more so: having two will lower the cooldown of the buffs. With today's patch you can see that being mentioned already when you select it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Snack stand now has 2 more buffs: Red Flying Settler and Hot Lemon Tea. Build time 11h/1building. Not bad?
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Reply to Thread