Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Health Bar Feedback

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Surely the simple way round this is for BB to add in the option to revert to the old fashioned bar where players want that option.

l fail to see the need for the new big bar and have seen no explanation from BB as to why it changed.

Maybe someone from BB would like to explain to us all why it was introduced, instead of becoming overly defensive.

Why don't I like it? It serves no function that the old rainbow did not provide, in fact less. It is totally out of keeping with the other adventure features and it's size alone blocks off other camps where I want to be able to send multiple attacks - not blocks, because of course BB don't support blocks despite them suggesting them in the guide to PvP. This stops me being able to kill camps in rapid succession and so hinders my game play. When I play on my phone whilst taking my sons to sports coaching I am now unable to do any adventures because the bar now occupies a disproportionate amount of the screen., meaning I am now able to play less.

So come on BB, explain to us why it is the latest greatest new feature.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 23.05.18 at 22:11.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    Xibor I saw this as well, I think that before your troops arrive you can see the health bar on any enemy camp you hover over, but after the troops arrive you only get it when you attack a certain enemy camp.
    Agreed - thanks.

Now that I've done some attacks I have these observations. I only "globally" saw the health bar when my generals had not yet arrived/were still building. Then the health bars went away.

Selecting a camp for an attack no longer shows the enemy units which I've mentioned before but I will augment by saying there have been times that the units showing also interfered with me selecting an attack if my mouse moves over perhaps block camp A to select attack camp B - the troops from camp A get in the way but this is mitigated by moving the mouse properly so that you don't move over the intermediate camp. Therefore I still prefer to see the enemy units.

A failed (first wave) attack does not show the health bar.

An attack that is succeeding does start showing the health bar. I see no great advantage or disadvantage in this but I haven't been in the situation yet where I don't want to send an attack until the previous attack is actually winning the fight (therefore showing the bar now) and the bar possibly being in the way of something.

Overall I see no gain in the change, many have found a loss, if the troops present in the camp when targeting the camp was put back I could live with it all but I'm still left with the question of "why was it done at all?"
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    If they return troops on attack back and leave the bar the problem with hindering nearby camps will be even greater. Maybe that's why they removed it.

I can live with the new version, just don't see much reason why they ever bothered. As if they didn't have more important things to add.

Probably they had it on their ideas portfolio from fifty years ago and it came it's turn so they did it. Who can understand the mind of a game developer?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Who can understand the mind of a game developer?
    Makes you wonder if devs do actually play the game at all, doesn't it? Otherwise they too would have found this was an awful idea as it causes more hinderance than improves playability...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    If they return troops on attack back and leave the bar the problem with hindering nearby camps will be even greater. Maybe that's why they removed it.
    Maybe I'm seeing something different but I don't see the health bar when targeting/selecting a camp. Therefore it would only be a time where I wanted to target a nearby camp only when the other camp is actually starting to be torn down and honestly I can't remember a situation where that happens.

Regardless, I'm in agreement with the general tone of the posts which is "put it back the way it was". And I also agreed with a post (I think on the general update feedback thread) about the statement that if we are expected to provide why we don't like something (which I agree- any good feedback has reasons why) I also think it's also fair to ask the question "why was it changed to begin with"?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do appreciate that someone, somewhere, thinks that they improved the game with this change. I appreciate the sentiment, if less so the execution...

However, the main thing that's useless to me now is when sending an attack, I have no idea what camp I'm attacking if I haven't memorized the map. We need to be able to see the enemy troops when hovering over a camp we're prospectively attacking. The green bars take up far too much of the screen, and I have no idea what the "250" is telling me - it's not useful information, at all. Every camp shows 250 on YWC. The number doesn't change. Please reverb back to the way it was - nothing has been improved with this!
    Last edited by rathbone93; 24.05.18 at 01:47.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Why play, when all you do, is complaining.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaw-Paw View Post
    Because it's the only way we can encourage change

World
    Sandycove
    Now the health bar seems to come and go as it sees fit. I know for certain that at one point on Fisherman it was only displaying when a camp was being torn down. Now after being on the home island for a while it shows up anytime you hover over a camp. It doesn't matter if a general is attacking or not. It wasn't behaving that way a little while ago.

After running a simple block I don't see a big problem because when targeting a camp you don't get enemy display (generally bad) or the bar (definitely good) so I haven't found interference in that respect yet.

That's enough for me on the subject. Final vote is put it back the way it was. Otherwise I'll just adapt the best I can.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaw-Paw View Post
    It's a feedback thread for goodness' sake! One cannot feedback on a terrible feature without some measure of complaint.

Another useless feature, and they broke the display of enemy units. On the plus side? It's a nice colour green. Happy? :-)

Reply to Thread