Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Health Bar Feedback

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    When giving feedback, you need to let us know not only that you dislike something, but the reasons why.
    The health bar is much too large

HunyBun
    when you are sending attacks to 2 camps that are close together (such as the leader and one just in front of it, section 2 of VLT) the green bar on both camps totally blocks out any chance of seeing whats happening... very bad on laptop, cant imagine what its like on large screens.

its yet another stupid change that was totally uncalled for, and unnecessary. why do you at BB feel you have to change things? is it so you can justify your jobs? FAIL!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    prntscr.com/jlzvbj

How can that be at all helpful to the player?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Makes you wonder if devs do actually play the game at all, doesn't it? Otherwise they too would have found this was an awful idea as it causes more hinderance than improves playability...
    The idea by itself is not awful, or at least it woudlnt be if it was put in the game from the start.

Whats astonishingly dumb about this one is :

- noone asked for it
    - noone ever indicated the existing solution was in any way problematic
    - the new solution doesnt bring any valuable information (considering that what really matters is the time needed to destroy the camp, not the HP itself, and we still have no info on the time needed which makes the '250' meaningless)
    - outside of some exceptions all of the regular camps, regardless of graphical differences all have THE SAME hp
    - anyone with a little grasp of design principles can figure out potential usability problems ( like mentioned issues with the bar covering other objects ) on a conceptual level already, before someone even decides to put any resources into implementation

and most importantly of all, all of the above were already mentioned in the feedback thread on test server, but the decision to implement it was made REGARDLESS.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    personaly i dont see the point of it. its to big it covers the generals path if like me you send mutiple attacks at once i now cant see where 2nd gen is to know when to send 3rd etc as the 250 bar covers the walk path of the gen so having to wait til that bars gone to be able to send 2nd and 3rd gen at safe distances between them
    if you need it in game maybe make it a little smaller i didnt mind the old rainbow way tbh but that was the right size to be able to know when to send attacks etc

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    - noone asked for it
    - noone ever indicated the existing solution was in any way problematic
    - the new solution doesnt bring any valuable information (considering that what really matters is the time needed to destroy the camp, not the HP itself, and we still have no info on the time needed which makes the '250' meaningless)
    - outside of some exceptions all of the regular camps, regardless of graphical differences all have THE SAME hp
    While I'm not a fan of the bar either or don't not need it, those assumptions seem to be incorrect when it comes to the whole TSO userbase. Browsing other region forums for reactions it seems that mostly guide makers have asked for something like these.

- they can now see the camp building hp without digging out game files
    - they can see more precise info about tight blocks and calculate demolition time for accurately
    - 250 is the most used hp but for example dark castle or witch tower have a higher hp (2000) and take a lot more time to take down. MCC also has various hp for the camp buildings

I used google translate so there may be wrong interpretations in some cases.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    - they can see more precise info about tight blocks and calculate demolition time for accurately
    as I already mentioned on test forums, demolition time can be measured, so :

- it does not have to be calculated
    - even if you want to calculate it, HP itself doesnt give you enough information to do so
    - even if you want to calculate it, you will only need to do it once, other than that displaying the numbers simply doesnt make sense

So realistically the only thing you get by seeing the HP numbers is, if you pay attention, you will notice if they ever change.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    as I already mentioned on test forums, demolition time can be measured, so :

- it does not have to be calculated
    - even if you want to calculate it, HP itself doesnt give you enough information to do so
    - even if you want to calculate it, you will only need to do it once, other than that displaying the numbers simply doesnt make sense

So realistically the only thing you get by seeing the HP numbers is, if you pay attention, you will notice if they ever change.
    Which I cannot really comment as I kinda agree and I've also never used camp hp for anything. It was just that people commented along those lines that it's somehow useful to them now. I think the same happened at the test server.

edit: BB replied this at German forum (Google translated)

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ondgrund
    The life bar affects the life of the camp, not the troops. So it only plays a role in the demolition. The difference to the old demolition bar is in addition to the visuals that we can now represent the life point and thus the demolition time can be calculated more easily. Before, it was not clear when the life - and thus the demolition time - deviates from the normal camps.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 24.05.18 at 17:25.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    think we need a roll back. roads now vanish. collectables have become invisable. have to keep scrolling in and out to get them to show up. but when u scroll the map to look for more u have to zoom in/out again.
    Cant see any advantages at all in the new update all its done is screw up the graphics.
    only thing that seems to be better is the border posts around the volcano stopping collectables spawning there. Apart from that i think we need to go back to how it was before the update.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    When sending an attack I can't see what bad guys are in the camps. Who thought this was a game improvement? Please fix this, we need to be able to see camp composition when sending attacks.

Reply to Thread