Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Health Bar Feedback

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

NO pop up of troops when attacking bad bad bad

Quote Originally Posted by royavatar View Post
    I agree what good does the 250 green bar do-- it stays 250 after the camp has been hit--Stupid, why not fix the chat windows , instead of putting extra graphics on,
    and now one cannot see the troops when you are attacking they have gone just a 1 - bring back the pop up troops on attack bad bad bad bad very bad bad bad very

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, but could you tell us why you don't like it? We need to know specifics!
    OK, same logic could be applied to BB introducing this change. Don't say "because we can, we make this game", but give us specifics.
    Why someone decided to implent it in the first place?
    We've played this game for several years, and yet, we fail to see the reason behind this change, so please, enlighten us.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I don't really see the point in them, everything has 250 health? If you fail to clear a camp, it stays at 250? It doesn't seem to actually be measuring anything useful.

I really do not like that you are unable to see what is in a camp when directing a general to attack something, it now means I need to keep triple checking everything to make sure I am attacking the right target

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris3457 View Post
    OK, same logic could be applied to BB introducing this change. Don't say "because we can, we make this game", but give us specifics.
    Why someone decided to implent it in the first place?
    We've played this game for several years, and yet, we fail to see the reason behind this change, so please, enlighten us.
    This is a very good point. Seems unnecessary a change, not bringing much improvement if any, function not described properly in change log, and probably subject to lag more then previous knock down bar as it appears to be bugged. Also not seeing troops on attack is certainly not an improvement, plus large bar obstructing nearby camps makes the game more difficult. So yes, BB, bring us some enlightment why you thought we needed this tweak.

World
    Newfoundland
    not finding the health bar too much of a pain but please bring back being able to see the troops in a camp when you attack

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just dug this up from a 2011 post by Lesson

Building Damage

Bandit camp 250
    Watchtower 1000
    Reinforced T. 1500
    Stone tower 2000
    White castle 2000
    Witch tower 2000
    Bone church 2000
    Dark castle 2000

started a BK to check it and the DC does show 2000

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd just like to second the main problem i have with the new bar is the lack of pop up of troops in the camp when you mouse over to attack the camp. It was always a nice way to double check and the lack of it is a real pain now. Bar itself doesn't bother me although personally i preferred the old style one.

World
    Sandycove
    um.. are we changing things on the fly as these posts are going on? I had just gone to Fisherman and checked out the big health bar and made a comment on it. Then I wanted to get more information before making this post. When going back to the adventure now there is no health bar at all.

But it is still the case that when you are targeting an attack you don't see the enemies in that camp and that is terrible. This can be critical information at times. Perhaps less so on spread out general camps but when it's a cluster of camps that may have different bosses it can be 'life or death' making sure you are sending the right attack to the right camp.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Xibor I saw this as well, I think that before your troops arrive you can see the health bar on any enemy camp you hover over, but after the troops arrive you only get it when you attack a certain enemy camp.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    For some reason the feedback thread for this has been split here from the Change log post where there was already a lot of mostly negative feedback - I'll copy my post from there -

What ever possessed you BB to change the progress bars on camps being attacked? What perceived problem did you think you were fixing?

Please Please go back to the old progress bars... the new ones are WAY too big, obscuring adjacent camps - which it is now impossible to send an attack to because the awful new bar is in the way!!

Some players play this regularly on mobile devices or laptops with small screens - the new bars are a disaster for them and have rendered adventures on these devices next to impossible.

Please please revert back to the old bars - they were fully fit for purpose.

Reply to Thread