Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stop all, start all

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Stop all, start all

Building's already has a button: play/stop (stop production / restart procution). There is room to two button, right side of the existing button would be a new one, start all/ stop all.

- It works like the start/stop button, but this new one start or stop all same building.
    - Stop or start only same buildings, if u press stop all in an improved deerstalkter then the imp deerstalkers affected, but hunters not, etc.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What would be the advantage in stopping all buildings in this way?

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to stoppng or starting all buildings?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I sleep most of my buildings when I go away which I do several times a year. I quite often sleep all the buildings of the same type when I've too much of one commodity or want to build up an ingredient I'm short of; e.g plenty of bronze but running short of copper.
    2 good reasons, I think, but not a high priority

qawpaw
    +1 for new feature

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Production ceases automatically after 24 hours of inactivity, so there is no need to sleep all buildings before going on holiday.

If the storage is full of any particular resource, production buildings stop and do not produce any more until there is space in the storage again.

World
    Sandycove
    Personally I micro-manage. I wouldn't ever use a blunt instrument like that but since I'm always in favor of options I wouldn't mind if it was there on the side however I don't think it should be a development priority because you can take care of that just fine by using the economic summary and a few clicks.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for this

Sometimes i need to stop a lot of building until i buffing them, buff duration for red settler or steak etc 36 to 39,6 hours. So sometimes need to wait for set timing (dont want to wake up in midnight), but stopping starting taking too much time (and too much more if it is laggy day)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    What would be the advantage in stopping all buildings in this way?

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to stoppng or starting all buildings?
    Yes many.
    For example:
    - Lost Puppy (The Wolf Puppy) quest. I do it every day, but I don't have enough wheat (56.9k wheat/day) and the quest need flour too. I start my imp. mills, when need, and stop when quest done.

Many building need zzz, big loss without buff
    - I ask some1 to buff my industrial mines, when buff on, I start them one-by-one.
    - If buffs expires, stop all one-by-one.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Same with gold chains etc. I often zzz my iron/gold mines as I build them so I can just buff them all and they expire together so starting them all with 1 click would be amazing. Anything removing multiple clicks when 1 is possible would be a great addition to the game

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    A few production chains I tend to sleep unless using buffs on them, this means either all the buildings are running or all sleeping, for me it would help with:

iron mines (lots of these)
    iron production
    iron weapon production
    steel production
    steel weapon production
    gold mines (lots of these)
    gold bar production (lots of these)
    gold coin production (lots of these)

so it would be a nice quality of life change if it was added.

Production ceases automatically after 24 hours of inactivity
    Doesn't the production restart if someone visits your island though? You don't have any control over that so it's not something you can rely on.

Reply to Thread