Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Mountain Clan Campaign

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    If I cant have it my way Ill ignore it. If the part of the game I have to ignore for absurd reasons gets too big Ill find a game that lets me play my way. Business lost.
    You are welcome to have your own opinions, but remember you are not the only one playing the game. There are all types of players in this game, and no wrong way to play as long as you're having fun and doesn't spoil others fun.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't understand why a company that relies on people to spend as much time as possible playing their game, to generate income through gem sales, would come up with a content upgrade that by the looks of it will reduce the amount of time a person will spend online on their game.
    Roughly speaking i can play 3 x WC a day and my barracks will keep up with losses (with 2 x drills per day), so every day i can spend at least 4 hrs online on average say. For that i will get about 600 k exp or 1000 exp per elite troop loss.
    Looking at requirements for mountain clan is mind boggling, elite troop losses across the 5 adventures is about 19 000. This will take around 3 weeks to rebuild with 42 Drill sergeants and for that pleasure you will get around 2 400 000 exp or around 125 exp per elite troop loss (8 times less exp per troop loss than doing a WC). So 3 week rebuild on 5 x adventure losses. I have 33 k population so say i can do this chain of 5 inside these 3 weeks i guessing i will not be spending 4 hrs a day online, more like 1 hr (total of 21 hrs to complete the 5 adventures) rest of the time i will probably be looking for something to fill those other 3 hrs, maybe another game that i can spend some hard earned money on.
    Basically they have spent a lot of time and energy on new content that will be played a bare minimum by 95% of players because it will reduce the amount of time they can play and will reduce the amount of exp they can get for the amount of effort they put in.
    I thought fisherman and his wife chain was highly in-efficient use of time and effort given the rewards (slightly better now that BB have increased recipe reward to 2) but this takes the cake.
    So come on BB lets get real!! There is no need to make this new content a chore that most will only do once to get a pretty building.

Just my thoughts, some will disagree i'm sure but most will agree.

Lets not get into whether it would be worth running this adventure sequence while on premium!! How many days/weeks will be lost due to massive queues in barracks??
    Last edited by quarky; 12.06.18 at 07:35.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Have tried the content on test and won't be going near it on live server.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by quarky View Post
    I don't understand why a company that relies on people to spend as much time as possible playing their game, to generate income through gem sales, would come up with a content upgrade that by the looks of it will reduce the amount of time a person will spend online on their game.
    Roughly speaking i can play 3 x WC a day and my barracks will keep up with losses (with 2 x drills per day), so every day i can spend at least 4 hrs online on average say. For that i will get about 600 k exp or 1000 exp per elite troop loss.
    Looking at requirements for mountain clan is mind boggling, elite troop losses across the 5 adventures is about 19 000. This will take around 3 weeks to rebuild with 42 Drill sergeants and for that pleasure you will get around 2 400 000 exp or around 125 exp per elite troop loss (8 times less exp per troop loss than doing a WC). So 3 week rebuild on 5 x adventure losses. I have 33 k population so say i can do this chain of 5 inside these 3 weeks i guessing i will not be spending 4 hrs a day online, more like 1 hr (total of 21 hrs to complete the 5 adventures) rest of the time i will probably be looking for something to fill those other 3 hrs, maybe another game that i can spend some hard earned money on.
    Basically they have spent a lot of time and energy on new content that will be played a bare minimum by 95% of players because it will reduce the amount of time they can play and will reduce the amount of exp they can get for the amount of effort they put in.
    I thought fisherman and his wife chain was highly in-efficient use of time and effort given the rewards (slightly better now that BB have increased recipe reward to 2) but this takes the cake.
    So come on BB lets get real!! There is no need to make this new content a chore that most will only do once to get a pretty building.

Lets not get into whether it would be worth running this adventure sequence while on premium!! How many days/weeks will be lost due to massive queues in barracks??
    Based on the info you have provided your numbers don't add up, more details please.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree... mainly on what is the number of 19k elite losses based? The campaign expects you to use attack buffs (and even rewards you with few), combine troops and generals to have skills for starters. It's also not an experience grind chain so that comparison IMO is rather useless.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

If you're only interested in grinding for XP then just just crack on as normal, there is no rule to say "Thou shalt do the mountain clan". I'm nearly lvl 72 and the XP grind gets pretty ridiculous so I'm really looking forwards to exploring the mountain clans advs etc. A bit of fun and distraction from the same old same old grind for more and more millions of XP.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for all the responses but not one of you managed to address the question,
    "I don't understand why a company that relies on people to spend as much time as possible playing their game, to generate income through gem sales, would come up with a content upgrade that by the looks of it will reduce the amount of time a person will spend online on their game."

Figures used are from guides (http://val-system.dk/val/index.php/adventure-guides) on this forum and are ("about", Roughly" on "Average") not exact, just there to highlight a point. I'm half way through lvl 73 so am well aware of the exp grind and welcome any new content provided it is not going to change the way i choose to play this game.

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't understand why a company that relies on people to spend as much time as possible playing their game, to generate income through gem sales, would come up with a content upgrade that by the looks of it will reduce the amount of time a person will spend online on their game."
    reason 1 : they think increase in elite unit production is in high enough demand people will actually spend the better part of the next year farming those buildings before they can get back to (now improved) exp grind

reason 2 : they are known for illogical and irrational decisions, and their calculations are almost always off by an order of magnitude

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Ever considered that they would maybe be happier losing high level players as we are not the ones using real cash to buy gems? The boredom of the xp grind may be serving their purpose of getting rid of us.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    The boredom of the xp grind may be serving their purpose of getting rid of us.
    I wouldnt call it getting rid of us on purpose, more like kind of neglection causing players to leave that they decided is a price they are ok to pay.

Reply to Thread