Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Mountain Clan Campaign

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Dev Diary: Mountain Clan Campaign

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Mountain Clan Campaign Dev Diary below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I aint interested in it at all, so what happens if you simply ignore it???

"you have to take action and embark on an expedition to avert the crisis before it's too late. "

^^^That sounds like it has consequences if you dont participate…
    Wich would be a first timer... I mean till now we could deside ourselfs if we wanted to take part in a new development, like the pvp nonsens or the ventures wich i Always ignored. And I wouldnt like to be forced to quit my normal playstyle cause i got forced to do stupid mountain clan thingies i dont want to do....

I would like an answer to this question... Can we ignore this (even if you are at or over level 65) or are we forced to participate cause ignoring it would harm our Island???

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    I aint interested in it at all, so what happens if you simply ignore it???

"you have to take action and embark on an expedition to avert the crisis before it's too late. "

^^^That sounds like it has consequences if you dont participate…
    Wich would be a first timer... I mean till now we could deside ourselfs if we wanted to take part in a new development, like the pvp nonsens or the ventures wich i Always ignored. And I wouldnt like to be forced to quit my normal playstyle cause i got forced to do stupid mountain clan thingies i dont want to do....

I would like an answer to this question... Can we ignore this (even if you are at or over level 65) or are we forced to participate cause ignoring it would harm our Island???
    It's just some flavour text for the ongoing narrative - no worries if you don't want to take part!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the answer, you got me worried there

Now better go prepare for all those reactions wich will ask if this has concequences for the summer event and if this means summerevent will start at the same date

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    This sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to it, even though I have a couple of levels to go.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Looks great, hope it been fully tested

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm so looking forward to get that new forge, the final design is fabulous and it will be useful to get more space as I will be able to destroy some of my smelters ... the new buildings are great and it's very cool to be able to get them with another resource, as the drops will be tough on loots I guess well done BB !!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    What happened to the original idea of letting adventures be found by explorers or be bought with mfs?
    Why do we need the barbie house and more ways of paying for stuff ???
    I have not tried the Mountain clan - but can only hope that the adventures are more fun than the existing ventures.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Very confused here .... Glad the new content is finally coming and we have a date for it ...... BUT

Real World Cup starts on 14th June so normally football event would already be running (based on previous football events.. and christmas, easter, halloween events all start before Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, Halloween) but no dev diary for this yet?

So either football event is going to start later than the real world cup?

OR we are also going to get a major Game update in the middle of an in game event?

I can't see the latter being particularly popular as most of the MCC campaign is aimed at player levels the vast majority of players have yet to reach and the downtime will affect people with timings of explorers searching for footballs etc Whilst downtime is to be expected to do so potentially in the middle of an event that does affectthe vast majority of players would seem like ... a deliberate attempt to drive players away or a colossal mistake?

Add to that the inevitable downtime as "last minute bugs" in the new content are discovered also possibly during the football event? OR to expect that there won't be downtime each day following the update for a number of days as those pesky bugs are discovered is poor planning? Equally if MCC and football event start together .. thats a lot that can (and is likely to go wrong .. we all know it always does with big updates) and again lead to player frustrations over downtime in event as those grmelins are removed from the game.

Surely it would simply have been better to wait with this new content a few more weeks and push it live once the football event is over?

Of course all the above assumes the football event itself is going to coincide at some point with the real life world cup dates 14th June - 15th July which may of course be entirely wrong

Here's hoping all goes well!
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 06.06.18 at 15:50.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have been looking forward to this ever since the mountain was placed at my island! This will be an adventure! Keep up the spirit!

Reply to Thread