Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Queen's Birthday

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The flag illustrated on the login page is known as The King's Colours or Great Union Flag. It 'officially' stopped being used in 1801 with the addition of flag of St.Patrick. However it is still used on non-governmental and civilian buildings and is still seen by many as the flag which represents the King/Queen rather than the UK/GB, though the Royal Standard would be a better choice.

The reason the Welsh dragon does not appear on the Union Flag, often incorrectly called the Union Jack (Only this when flown on a naval vessel) is that the Wales had been annexed by Edward the 1st and was seen as part of the Kingdom of England and so is represented by the flag of England.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    The flag illustrated on the login page is known as The King's Colours or Great Union Flag. It 'officially' stopped being used in 1801 with the addition of flag of St.Patrick. However it is still used on non-governmental and civilian buildings and is still seen by many as the flag which represents the King/Queen rather than the UK/GB, though the Royal Standard would be a better choice.

The reason the Welsh dragon does not appear on the Union Flag, often incorrectly called the Union Jack (Only this when flown on a naval vessel) is that the Wales had been annexed by Edward the 1st and was seen as part of the Kingdom of England and so is represented by the flag of England.
    I have to say that I have never seen that version of the flag used in Britain LL, nor heard that it's a choice anyone makes for some royalist reason! And god knows I've met some lunatics in my time that believe in such royalist nonsense.

Basically, BB got the flag wrong. They've got their own game wrong mostly lately so it's not a shock!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    I have to say that I have never seen that version of the flag used in Britain LL, nor heard that it's a choice anyone makes for some royalist reason! And god knows I've met some lunatics in my time that believe in such royalist nonsense.

Basically, BB got the flag wrong. They've got their own game wrong mostly lately so it's not a shock!
    totally agree, but that is what the flag shown is. still at least they tried and they did give us some nice goodies.

Reply to Thread