Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2018

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    You got all rewards? Even both the friaries?

I would say the drop rates might have been fine if the friaries and the snack stand had been cheaper. Given how much balls have been selling for, the friaries should probably have been half their current price, the snack stand could have done with being about 1k balls cheaper too given how little it does.

World
    Sandycove
    Now that we're all "done" with the event I would give it a 7 out of 10.

The Host of Responsibilities quest I enjoyed - I didn't do any looking ahead because I wanted each day to be a surprise and it was. Some of the requests were large but very doable requiring at times some creative thinking (wanting to achieve each within a day - I know what wasn't necessary but I still wanted to). The rewards were very lucrative.

The achievements were all fair I think. There was enough collectibles to make even the 1000 click achievement as long as you made sure to work a bit at it, but it certainly didn't require getting up at odd hours to make sure you got 3 drops every day.

The downside for me was pretty much already mentioned: Adventures had no appeal because of the low drops and the event items over priced. I managed to get what I wanted but certainly not all big items (which is fine) but to even get the 'big main ones' required some adventure grinding for painfully low returns and working the market. I don't think getting items from an event should be tied to having to work the market. Participating in the event should be enough.

Bugs were low (unfortunately some with a pretty serious impact for some) but not as bad as I've seen before.

Throw in some adventures with bonus loot BB and I think it would be an improvement.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Now that we're all "done" with the event I would give it a 7 out of 10.

The Host of Responsibilities quest I enjoyed - I didn't do any looking ahead because I wanted each day to be a surprise and it was. Some of the requests were large but very doable requiring at times some creative thinking (wanting to achieve each within a day - I know what wasn't necessary but I still wanted to). The rewards were very lucrative.

The achievements were all fair I think. There was enough collectibles to make even the 1000 click achievement as long as you made sure to work a bit at it, but it certainly didn't require getting up at odd hours to make sure you got 3 drops every day.

The downside for me was pretty much already mentioned: Adventures had no appeal because of the low drops and the event items over priced. I managed to get what I wanted but certainly not all big items (which is fine) but to even get the 'big main ones' required some adventure grinding for painfully low returns and working the market. I don't think getting items from an event should be tied to having to work the market. Participating in the event should be enough.

Bugs were low (unfortunately some with a pretty serious impact for some) but not as bad as I've seen before.

Throw in some adventures with bonus loot BB and I think it would be an improvement.
    I do agree with everything you said - besides the rating - will only give it a 2.That is because it is not what I get out of the event that makes me like it. It is the raise in activity level - not in the marked - dont think either that this needs to be an option to get what you want from the event, but it was this time. What I like is the raise in general activity- guild chat and doing adventures people helping each other. For me this was a sorry excuse for an event, because people simply gave up on the adventures and more or less did the quest and went back to normal business. I did like the quests yes - and that the ach was fine also.

For newbies this was not nice event. If you dont have 30 explorers- not much in it for them- and the oldies does not have much if anything to share.
    Would prefer that there was no balls from explorers and we had to work for the balls. I do have 30 explorers but it is more fair and puts people more even that we have to work for it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    In the end it was the price of the snack stand that "ruined" the event. It made the football price stay high until the very end. They added this high price item of questionable value and missed the opportunities to balance its cost by bonus loot on adventures or by football rewards instead of xp in event quest chain. That said I understand the reasons behind those decisions it just came out kinda bad from players perspective.
    Still the rest of the event was fine so definitely more good than bad.
    Found myself struggling to play with such fine weather outside so would prefer if summer events were more laid back like christmas events.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Did I miss something? People talking here as if the event has ended. Thought it ran until the 30th now. So...get trading if you want extra footies, there are still loads out there if you need an item.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Did I miss something? People talking here as if the event has ended. Thought it ran until the 30th now. So...get trading if you want extra footies, there are still loads out there if you need an item.
    Exactly my thoughts! Even get an extra week of trading.

Currently at 1660 extra balls, not all mine but most, chcking if everyone is covered.

Reply to Thread