Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2018

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    What's the Tourism (level 1) zone buff about, BB? Is that an appology for messed up drops? A tiny insignificant compensation for having to play too many adventures killing too many troops?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    What's the Tourism (level 1) zone buff about, BB? Is that an appology for messed up drops? A tiny insignificant compensation for having to play too many adventures killing too many troops?
    From the Dev Diary:
    Introducing A Host of Responsibilities, a new quest chain that starts at level 22 or above. It deals with the costs and responsibilities of hosting tournament matches on your island. The rewards focus on coins, a stacking population growth buff (that is immediately applied; it doesn't go to the star menu), and a big reward for completing the whole chain. The new quest chain's sub-quests unlock after a certain number of days after your first login during the event, and not the event start.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    shame it wasn't a stacking football reward buff.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    From the Dev Diary:
    Thanks. I forgot about that. Don't even know when it kicked in.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    event is boring your right

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Why are some of the merchant items so out of sync with market prices?
    eg Supporters hats are readily available in trade for under 100 gold coins, yet they cost 410 footballs.
    Currently footballs are valued at around 100gc each and are being successfully traded at that price, which puts the merchant cost of the supporters hat at over 40,000 gold coins.
    I understand that the trading value of footballs may well fall to under 30gc each by the end of the event, but that still puts the equivalent cost of the supporters hat at around 12,000gc
    The same can be said of stadium snacks that readily trade at around 400gc each yet are listed at 345 footballs (30k + gc)
    I fear for less informed players wasting valuable footballs by purchasing these in error.
    Do any actually get bought during the events and if not, wouldnt it be better to have items that were at least priced a little more realistically?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    ZZZzzzz Might just be my level (71) and I have been playing for too long - and nice that something is happening - that said :
    Would love that there was something I wanted to work for besides one more lucky explorer. Yes there is a geo and a snack stand and one more footie pitch - but what do I need those for?
    Another thing is that even if I had something I wanted - then it feels a bit like filling up a garden with a teaspoon. Collecting fb 5 at a time at an adventure when you need 2500 feels a bit like that. That is 500 adv if those are the only source, and some players dont have 30 explorers. And yes it has often been too easy - but this just feels a bit pointless, and than all in all just not that exiting. he average outcome of one adventure should not be lover than what 1 explorer brings back each time. The adventure takes time and effort to do,- I think that should be rewarded. This year it feels pointless to get fb from adventures.
    Last edited by Urd123; 04.07.18 at 04:39.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddingtonUK View Post
    Why are some of the merchant items so out of sync with market prices?
    eg Supporters hats are readily available in trade for under 100 gold coins, yet they cost 410 footballs.
    Currently footballs are valued at around 100gc each and are being successfully traded at that price, which puts the merchant cost of the supporters hat at over 40,000 gold coins.
    I understand that the trading value of footballs may well fall to under 30gc each by the end of the event, but that still puts the equivalent cost of the supporters hat at around 12,000gc
    The same can be said of stadium snacks that readily trade at around 400gc each yet are listed at 345 footballs (30k + gc)
    I fear for less informed players wasting valuable footballs by purchasing these in error.
    Do any actually get bought during the events and if not, wouldnt it be better to have items that were at least priced a little more realistically?
    The prices are taken directly from gem cost of the item in merchant.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wow! I wonder why some people bother! Thank you BB for trying to break up the day to day running of settlers by bothering to give us an event! Yes a few things are the same, yes a few things are different, no we don't have shoulder pads and stuff in soccer (but quite frankly who cares cos this is a game) and no we can't all have everything from the shop unless we probably don't sleep because we have to do adventures night and day.

I've done a few summer events now (don't really care what you call it so go for it) and it is a nice change from the usual daily routine. I'm getting loads of xp from the daily quests which should see me level up, at least 1 snack stand so I can save my footballs for geos, friary or trade. I don't get many balls from adventures, but I still get all my other lovely goodies so any footballs are a bonus.

Ty BB! from someone who actually appreciates that you do make the effort - unlike a lot of games I play where they just don't care. (and before anyone accuses me of being paid by BB simply because I'm not joining in the whinge fest - I wish!) I just get so fed up of hearing constant moaning when BB try to do something which other games don't.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I thought the low football drops would be the low point of this event but how wrong can you be. Quests to have 3k free space for settlers, producing vast quantities of unwanted solid sandwiches and now today we have to pay 200 footballs from the meagre collections we have managed to gather. Didn't anyone look at the drop rate from adventures and realise this is approximately 30 adventures worth of footballs. (yes I know the ali baba adv pay more but its difficult to do more than a few of those each day due to slow barracks)

If you didn't want us to get anything from the event why bother having an event in the first place?

Reply to Thread