Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2018

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, football count is terrible low this years event, but at least what it comes to previous football events and how similar this one goes, the amount of footballs from football-matches correct the low football count from reg loot. Just stack all the football matches to your star menu, do buffs in advance and then hit the premium time and do all the football matches at the same day with the help of premium-time.

I think some of us critize BB because we know that there are creative peeps in game dev section and they can do events better and more challenging, no one needs to throw their football-pants in the corner just because some of us give criticism. There would not be need to give critique if we wouldn't believe in their skills to make events better. It doesn't mean that we don't enjoy playing this game or that some one else wouldn't be allowed to enjoy the event. These are just opinions.

Don't know if this helps any1 with search for fists and dummies, but i found a lot from old friends and motherly love (without premium). Those are just very rare advs, but if someone has them and need fists, it might be good idea to play those adventures now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    The good

We have a summer event!
    Friaries - expensive to get for gems or coin in trade so good to see an event offering them even if it only comes round once every 2 years
    New GEOS - great for keeping granite masons working 24/7 and well priced.
    Lucky explorer included again - One of the best items available across all events.
    Nice to see continued addition of new buildings - snack stand
    Nice to see something new - the hosting responsibilities quest line

The bad

Timing of event - it wasn't a good idea to have the much trailed and anticipated MCC launch so close to summer event - it left those capable of doing MCC with a far bigger incentive to do other things as new buildings turned out to be much more attractive. Obviously football event timing had to coincide with world cup - so MCC should have been held back by a month. High levels being distracted by other goodies added to lack of footballs being available via ls/adv/trade also impacting on lower levels ability to get what they wanted. Whilst its personal choice to do MCC or event ... the knock on effect with reduced availability of footballs affects the server. MCC on its own might not have had a huge impact but when combined with the impact of other points in this post ... it starts to become a much bigger impact to lack of availability of footballs from guilds/trade/ls's.

Lack of seasonal adventures - we have got used to seasonal adventures in events - and these have also been a good way to help get a boost to stores .... especially in light of the quantity of resources for some of the new mini quests and the new MCC stuff. Also not having seasonal adventures added to the grind of normal adventures for minimal footballs.

Whilst introduction of snack stand is welcomed - the cost for one is not!

Reduction of Lucky explorers from 2 to 1. For newer players 2 is a great help .. for more established longer time playing players 2 extra as opposed to one really doesn't make that much difference so why reduce it? When the people it hurts the most is newer players who you surely want to keep in the game to reduce effect of people moving on for the next thing.

The downright ugly

Footballs drop rate - dreadfully low for all adventures. No real reward for people doing adventures they wouldnt normally do so in the end people just carried on their usual grind on BK/VLT/YWC/MCC whatever footballs they got became incidental rather than the main part of the event.

The new Hosting responsibilities quest chain - I am very aware at time of writing that we may yet to have seen the ugliest part of this quest yet. But after "pay 4000 settlers", make "2500 solid sandwich" (which I doubt i will ever use), and now the latest ... pay 300 footballs .. given how hard it is already proving to get footballs .. finally finished off any and all minimal remaining interest I had in the event. I run a guild of 100 active players from level 32-73 - there isn't a single one of us still TRYING to get footballs now. If we get any WOO HOO .. great .. but really we have lost interest.

Collectables - some as ever are proving more than tricky to find - possibly would have more luck with training dummy/red colour etc if we were still trying at the event and doing a lot more adventures .. but with low drop rate etc .. we have moved on.

Lack of response to previous feedback on this event. There are other threads on these forums which have been running for over 2 years where people have made suggestions for flgas to be introduced ... nothing done - instead we get a repeat of previous years including countries not even at this years world cup and other countries that ARe at the world cup ... not included amongst the flags. Ultimately this just gives the impression (I hope wrongly) that people's passion and offers of feedback when requested is just ignored - so why bother to offer it again either in news feedback or game suggestions etc when requested in future?

Overall

- better than the Black Knights event you trolled us with once (but even a punch to the face would have been preferable to that!)
    - very disappointing and in the end a pointless event - sorry - and I had really been looking forward to this one
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 05.07.18 at 22:26.

World
    Sandycove
    Nebi, You can get the footballs back in a later calendar window. That or gems.

Yes, it has been challenging.

Overall I agree with the other post that it's been a nice change of pace anyway. I've already gotten what I really wanted so now the rest is just gravy. The hosting responsibilities has had quite a few curve balls which is fine. I think it makes me feel a little like a hosting country must feel for something like the World Cup. Where are we going to put all these people? Where are we going to get all the stuff?!?

Kinda fun
    Last edited by Xibor; 05.07.18 at 21:48.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Nebi, You can get the footballs back in a later calendar window. That or gems.

Yes, it has been challenging.

Overall I agree with the other post that it's been a nice change of pace anyway. I've already gotten what I really wanted so now the rest is just gravy. The hosting responsibilities has had quite a few curve balls which is fine. I think it makes me feel a little like a hosting country must feel for something like the World Cup. Where are we going to put all these people? Where are we going to get all the stuff?!?

Kinda fun
    no they are gone .. the ones in calendar etc should have been towards your total .. not replacing ones you had to give away....

BB please leave my balls alone
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 05.07.18 at 22:31.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    for me am not satisfied with this event at all, before this event Halloween was the harder event during many items in merchant but unlike Halloween i have no idea what is the best way to collect event collections and i don't know what is the best type of adv i have to play to collect the biggest number of footballs, same with explorers and today i had to pay 300 footballs for a quest !!!!
    thx for that BB

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post
    no they are gone .. the ones in calendar etc should have been towards your total .. not replacing ones you had to give away....

BB please leave my balls alone
    or they could be considered invested, toward the goal of 200,000 exp and a snack stand.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    or they could be considered invested, toward the goal of 200,000 exp and a snack stand.
    Or your boss could ask for $500 as an "investment" toward the goal of a vacation and bonus every year. But both of those are wretched ideas.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZ View Post
    Or your boss could ask for $500 as an "investment" toward the goal of a vacation and bonus every year. But both of those are wretched ideas.
    Employment and benefits is just a wee bit different,
    but I chose to pay it too, and I just try to put the best spin on it as I can. I guess being disgruntled is ok if you want.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Employment and benefits is just a wee bit different
    Wow, thanks for that chestnut of marvelous insight, I am truly in awe... My point (which I though was obvious) is that the idea is the same. We are playing the event for footballs (currency) and they are requiring us to pay some of it right back for future rewards (benefits). Get it? It sucks.

I guess being disgruntled is ok if you want.
    I said they are both wretched ideas because they are, I'm pretty sure most people would agree. If it doesn't bother you that's fine. I guess being smug and obnoxious is ok if you want.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    !
    Last edited by vigabrand; 06.07.18 at 06:30. Reason: couldnt work out how to delete it!

Reply to Thread