Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2018

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    And the 8 hour timer is activated by pinning the quest? or is clicking on it enough? I always click on it when i complete the quest, is this not enough?
    My understanding is that the trigger for the 8 hours is either clicking on the collie quest OR collecting first collie.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    BB said there would be a spawn every 8 hours so by your example times i should be able to easily get 3 spawns logging in at 13:50 collect all, any time between 14:10 and 21:50 collect all and 22:10 collect all and be done. If this is not the case BB is full of cowpoo.

So you are saying there is no way to get 3 spawns unless you are up for over 16 hours every day? This is impossible for me. Not even worth mentioning the need to be exactly on time to start next quest countdown..
    And the 8 hour timer is activated by pinning the quest? or is clicking on it enough? I always click on it when i complete the quest, is this not enough?
    Yes - it requires being online at (3) 8 hour intervals and as close to exactly as possible - so counting the 1st as hour 0, you need to be back 16 more hours that day at some point.

It's all based on when you 'start' the quest (e.g. make it an active quest) and you only get that chance every 8 hours. In your example if you got the quest activated at 13:50 there will not be another one until 21:50 - regardless of when you find them all (and the worst is when they re-spawn and you are left with any to find it stays that way - meaning if you needed just 1 more, the 8 hours ticks by, then you get a new quest you will still need to find only 1 - you are cut out of the full drop. It's super annoying they made it that way).

I have such a horribly predictable life I manage pretty easily if I want all three which is typically most important to me during an event. Up at 06:00, collectibles at 06:10, again at 14:10, again at 22:10 and off to bed. I know it's laughable but it works for me.

But Diwata typically does not worry about the mid day drop, only getting those perhaps on the weekends. She still manages to always get achievements related to getting a certain number so the game does gear the numbers toward 2 per day not 3 because for so many 3 a day is really impractical.
    Last edited by Xibor; 11.07.18 at 21:51.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    My understanding is that the trigger for the 8 hours is either clicking on the collie quest OR collecting first collie.
    I don't think finding the first collectible will do it. There have been times at my 14:00 drop (which is the same time as the daily quests and when the server seems to reset a bunch of stuff) that if I don't refresh the collectibles will appear without any quest showing up, even if I check the quest list. When I realize I see collectibles without a quest I refresh, see the 'new quest' bouncing arrow, go into the quest list and click on the quest, and then my 'timer' will be moved back by the amount of my delay. What I can't say 100% sure is that I've grabbed a collectible before the refresh. I might never have done that.

I do know it's not required to pin the quest though. I just always do because it tells me where I stand on that drop and sometimes it automatically does that for me next time (e.g. auto-activates).

btw I'd like to credit figuring that all out to Diwata. The exact details were eluding me and she pinned it down to a rule that since following it I've never failed.
    Last edited by Xibor; 11.07.18 at 21:49.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't think finding the first collectible will do it. There have been times at my 14:00 drop (which is the same time as the daily quests and when the server seems to reset a bunch of stuff) that if I don't refresh the collectibles will appear without any quest showing up, even if I check the quest list. When I realize I see collectibles without a quest I refresh, see the 'new quest' bouncing arrow, go into the quest list and click on the quest, and then my 'timer' will be moved back by the amount of my delay. What I can't say 100% sure is that I've grabbed a collectible before the refresh. I might never have done that.

I do know it's not required to pin the quest though. I just always do because it tells me where I stand on that drop and sometimes it automatically does that for me next time (e.g. auto-activates).
    In order to activate a quest, be it clicking on collectibles for example, it has of course to appear in the menu so if clickies do suddenly appear on your island but there's a delay in showing the quest in your menu, do refresh indeed and the quest will then show. From that point on, when the quest appears, the next respawn will be 8h later.

The same goes with daily quests "produce x amount of such or such": it starts counting from the moment you've clicked on the quest in the menu, regardless of whether it is pinned or not.
    I believe pinning the collectibles quest is more superstition than anything else, but as it cannot harm anyone and the pinning option is available then why not?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post

btw I'd like to credit figuring that all out to Diwata. The exact details were eluding me and she pinned it down to a rule that since following it I've never failed.
    Thank you I think I finally got it.

It is a bad system not at all as advertised and not explained anywhere. BB should fix it!
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Will we have the opportunity to obtain/purchase additional recipes for the snack shack? For example, I would gladly buy a second license for the steak buffs if I could also use it in the snack shack...same with irma's etc. (as long as the buff is somehow related to food items)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    why is there no compensation for tactical buffs & resources??

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Because if BB did that they'd go bankrupt.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

World
    Newfoundland
    As Aristotle first quoted: "The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts".

The tactical resources are worthless but you'll get a coin for each football you'll have left

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    In the hind sight the whole thing was not as horrific as it looked due to terribly low ball drops from adventures. Got all the rewards, just had to trade a lot more. and the rewards are nice, especially lthe new geos, which again greatly improved how I run the island. Have to say though that there was literaly zero motivation to play adventures with those drops, so I played as usual, which means not much. So although I'm ending up on a lot more positive note then I started, I'd still preffer decent drop chances for adventures in future events.

Reply to Thread