Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Football Championship or ‘World Cup’

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down Football Championship or ‘World Cup’

I wonder what [removed] devised this, so-called Football Championship. It’s a ‘World Cup’!!

You obviously know nothing about soccer – only silly American football. Soccer doesn’t use fists, helmets (they don’t need them- they are men!) or training dummies –dummy!

Why can’t you get it right! There are so many countries behold the USA!
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 02.07.18 at 15:17. Reason: Please be civil

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    that whas not a nice way of putting it

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    World Cup is a (costly) registered trademark when associated to football and the use is strictly limited to sponsors or other licensees, especially when there is a real event going on. FIFA is known to protect their IP legally.

Training dummies are definitely part of soccer. Even the icon shows exactly what they commonly look like when used with free kick or goal kick training. It seems you don't know about soccer and just kinda made a fool of yourself

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    As Qaw-Paw hinted at, not the most constructive piece of criticism I have ever seen.

However, I would still like to hear an explanation as to what fists, helmets and shoulder pads have to do with soccer.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    As Qaw-Paw hinted at, not the most constructive piece of criticism I have ever seen.

However, I would still like to hear an explanation as to what fists, helmets and shoulder pads have to do with soccer.
    Never played Sunday pub league football? Could do with a suit of armour in some matches.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 01.07.18 at 13:03.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    My biggest problem with this event is that I really hate soccer. I find it kind of depressing to be reminded that civilization have not moved forward since cave man, and we still need tribal wars.
    I cant open telly or buy anything that does not somehow relate to soccer. They sometimes even put soccer balls on veggies or shampoo during world-cup. But I do wonder who no one questions what banana peels and telescopes have to do with soccer, and wonder why no one leaves, flags, fan hats, t shirts behind.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    [QUOTE=Urd123;342920]My biggest problem with this event is that I really hate soccer. I find it kind of depressing to be reminded that civilization have not moved forward since cave man, and we still need tribal wars.

lol you are so right

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Never played Sunday pub league football? Could o with a suit of armour in some matches.
    lol :P

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I find it kind of depressing to be reminded that civilization have not moved forward since cave man, and we still need tribal wars.
    Awww... Is the air otherwise cold up there on your cloud when you look down on us, mere mortals?

I don't care if it is a football event (yes, that's the word; soccer being the american term as they already use "football" for a game essentially played by hands), a knitting event or an ice-skating event. I'd still play it for the fun and also to get whatever rewards is on offer even though I personally believe that in the latter case ice should only be for polar bears, seals, pinguins and crushed in my beverage during this heatwave we're having in my country.

As for collectibles, it is indeed puzzling to have telescopes but no-one wonders why exotic wood planks are needed to possibly build artesian wells and tightly sown wheatfields for example? What kind of posh farmer would do that in real??? It's a virtual world, a simple game, so who cares...

Please take a deep breath, do enjoy the game or the lovely weather outside if you really can't stand this 3 weeks long event and have fun

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Awww... Is the air otherwise cold up there on your cloud when you look down on us, mere mortals?

Please take a deep breath, do enjoy the game or the lovely weather outside if you really can't stand this 3 weeks long event and have fun
    +1

And as an American living abroad I completely agree that American football is poorly named. There is far more running and throwing than kicking.

As far as the collectibles, wouldn't someone perhaps across the street from a stadium wish to watch the match from the roof? Binoculars and/or telescopes would help with that. Banana peels makes perfect sense to me if you wanted to maliciously foul someone...

And +1 again for saying don't over think it, relax, get what you can get from the event and have fun.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread