Reply to Thread

Thread: Yearly Football Event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Yearly Football Event

As there is a football tournament on every year, I think we should be having a football event every year also. Next year in 2019 it is the women's world cup and I believe that it should be celebrated just as mush as the men's world cup. Also there are the European tournaments, one in 2020 and the women's in 2021. Then back to the men's world cup in 2022.

Any thoughts???

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    my thought when i saw the lucky reduced from 2 to 1 was that it was done to run the event every year. but in reality they could just be stingy.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    + 1- well maybe. If it is a replay of this year - dont bother. I have ended up more or less ignoring this year,- if I wanted to fill up sahara with sand one grain at a time I would never have chosen to play settlers :-D - this years drop from adv feals very much like filling ocean with a teaspoon or collecting sand for Sahara grain by grain.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to add, I am talking about a yearly event as a whole not the content of the event. There is going to be good and bad points in every event. At the moment we celebrate the world cup and the Euros by having an event. We should also have an event for the women's world cup and Euros no matter what the content of the event is.

I would of thought that it would be standard in a game like this. I just think its sexist if we don't.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Love the way sexism always comes up. How about sportism///there are world cups in rugby, cricket etc etc, why just football?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Love the way sexism always comes up. How about sportism///there are world cups in rugby, cricket etc etc, why just football?
    Like how you ignore everything else that was said. Like, the big picture. Sexism is one of two good reasons for having this event yearly.

TSO have decided to choose football for their summer event, not me. If you want other sporting events take it up with them. All I am saying is that there is a football tournament every year, so why not have a football event every year. It would be crazy having a Christmas, Halloween and Easter event every two years when these happen every year, just like football tournaments. It makes sense, well it does to me anyway. Last year there was no event and people wanted one, as the gap between Easter and Halloween was too long. So here is our chance to maybe get one next year.

Is it a good idea or not? Its that simple.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 08.07.18 at 16:53.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    +1 For sure there is too much empty time between the Easter and Halloween Events. Football is BB's chosen Event and I totally agree with PELIAS it would be nice to have a footy event every year.

I would also think that it would keep more players active as so many now just start playing again at known event times.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 09.07.18 at 07:19. Reason: 'Nice' is not a good enough reason
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    there should be events every month

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    242 views and only a few comments. It must not be a very good idea to have a summer event every year if people cannot be bothered to comment on the idea. So next year I hope you all enjoy the monotony from Easter to Halloween. Peace!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Reply to Thread