Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Co-op adventure reward adjustments and UI improvements

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Dev Diary: Co-op adventure reward adjustments and UI improvements

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Co-op adventure reward adjustments and UI improvements Dev Diary below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the main problem with co-ops is not the rewards. What puts people off is that you need to find 4 players who will all complete it, if 1 doesn't then you fail and there is no way for the other players to complete that sector. Can be very difficult to find 4 people who don't suddenly drop out due to RL issues, lost connectivity etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I play the Whirlwind for fun, but a lot of people play the Whirlwind only for the chance to get Hide Glue. It was either glue or rabbit. Now it's 32:38:30 to get Hide Glue:Chocolate Rabbit:Mother Tree Ritual. The chance of getting something useful got lower. Mother Tree Ritual has inconvinient timing (at least for me). It's 20 hours (or 30 on friend). It's useable only for those who's online a lot or don't mind the buildings running unbuffed for 4 to 18 hours. With the new changes, finding 4 players will be even more difficult. For me, it's not even worth trying to look for 3 other players anymore. I won't find them. Tomb Raider is now new and better option. Same buffs, but faster adventure. I have no complaints about higher chances for rare buildings. This is a nice addition.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Increasing the size of menu's is great, so would it be possible to get an increased size of the 'send army' menu. To show more generals and improve usability as players can acquire lots of generals over time. I know this has been asked for before, so if you're going to increase menu sizes at least start with the one that players need to be increased in size.

World
    Sandycove
    Thanks BB. I'll need to see the changes in action to really get a feel for them but it mostly sounds good.
    The only one I'm not sure about is loading the maximum possible troops when in the barracks. The way this reads to me if I want to build say 200 recruits I'm going to have to override the number that loads which will probably be many thousands? I think for troops starting with 0 always makes more sense.

Looking forward to giving it all a go.

(ps. Agreed PELIAS - I'd like to see improvements in the send general menu too. I never used it now, I send them individually. Searching for the generals is just too frustrating)
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Increasing the size of menu's is great, so would it be possible to get an increased size of the 'send army' menu. To show more generals and improve usability as players can acquire lots of generals over time. I know this has been asked for before, so if you're going to increase menu sizes at least start with the one that players need to be increased in size.
    With the Send Generals window, the bigger issue for me has always been the way the generals are randomised rather than being sorted or grouped (the logical way would be to use the sequence that is adopted in the Star Menu). It would also be useful if it showed the General's personalised name instead of the generic name (of which there are frequently many to work through to try to find the specific MMA you want to send, for example)

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    With the Send Generals window, the bigger issue for me has always been the way the generals are randomised rather than being sorted or grouped (the logical way would be to use the sequence that is adopted in the Star Menu). It would also be useful if it showed the General's personalised name instead of the generic name (of which there are frequently many to work through to try to find the specific MMA you want to send, for example)
    I hope if they do decide to increase the size of the send army menu, that they would make it more user friendly while they are at it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Thanks BB. I'll need to see the changes in action to really get a feel for them but it mostly sounds good.
    The only one I'm not sure about is loading the maximum possible troops when in the barracks. The way this reads to me if I want to build say 200 recruits I'm going to have to override the number that loads which will probably be many thousands? I think for troops starting with 0 always makes more sense.

Looking forward to giving it all a go.

(ps. Agreed PELIAS - I'd like to see improvements in the send general menu too. I never used it now, I send them individually. Searching for the generals is just too frustrating)
    they put the 1-25 slider to 25 as default and put focus to 1-200 slider field where you can immediately type in the number you want or you can still use slider of course. the 1-200 slider will remain at 1 as default.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, please, also increase the size of the "send army" menu, at least make it taller so all 3 rows can fit into it fully, so I can see how many units they are carrying.

World
    Newfoundland
    1. I hope to add a button for "all-out attack". When I send troops, I can send all the generals stationed on the island (not including those in the start menu but not landed).
    2. Add a formation button and configure the team according to the preset settings.

Above, translated by Google.

Reply to Thread