Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: File Loading Error

World
    Newfoundland
    http://prntscr.com/k6cr8i

ended up with no access at all, like it does when flash is not enabled. After clearing everything, reinstalling chrome / flash .
    Win 7 / 64 bit version. if that helps at all

update loads, just lots of missing items now. .

Someone said flushing DNS whatever that is.
    Copy from Google

To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:
    Click Start.
    Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
    Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: ?
    Last edited by Kriegor; 15.07.18 at 02:37. Reason: Added dns info

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Guild member got on by clicking ok repeatedly on the error message but once got on all she could see was the grass etc, no buildings: https://prnt.sc/k6cnz7

Tried hopping to an island, to her ongoing tikki --- which she is annoyed at losing --- and even managed to relog, all to no avail, got same image.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I also have been having this issue. I can still log in and play the game, I just get the message every time I load a map! Any chance all of you very recently bought gems right b4 this started happening to you?
    Last edited by D-J_Blaser; 14.07.18 at 11:59.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same issue here and on US servers. someone mentioned me that they heard everyone in Australia had that issue, but I got the same issue while I am in India. so I figured there was some network problem going on and people outside US/EU were having problems.
    Using a VPN fixed it for me, but that's a temporary fix since the game is rather slow on vpn.

For those of you who don't know what a vpn is, you can try the free version of "hotspot shield" and see if that fixes it for you. just reload the game after turning it on. no need to clear cache or anything

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    "File loading failed! Please check your network connection, clean your browser cache or try again later."

since last night, have consistent problem with scenario, expedition and adventure!!!
    I have to give up doing riches of the mountain and now thinking if I should continue the expedition...

for adv, still ok to finish... not sure about the collectibles as nothing shows up in scenario

clear cache - done
    update flash and java(no idea if needed)
    change from chrome to safari, same result

tried firefox and same error message when loading expedition and have to click 3x ok button...
    Last edited by El-Pulpo; 14.07.18 at 15:12. Reason: update info on browser use

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have also been having this issue. Was fine for hours then as soon as I started a young woodcutters it began. Any mines I built after the adventure started have no building graphic. You can see the buff the graphic and they can still be accessed to upgrade. When I restart I get two file errors which is equal to mines in question. As I had sent generals to island prior to noticing any issues I have a few there and when I went to visit see there names for a moment but no map then goes blue screen and file warning comes up. I did get the screen to clear after a lot of clicks however, though I could select and load generals, I could not click on the camp to complete attack.
    I now have a lot of blank spaces on my home island. Animation graphics are okay but a lot of static graphics missing.
    My collectables for quest that came up after issue started were all invisible but name still came up when hovered over so by some miracle I managed to find them all. Positions did seem to be off but missing graphics may have been throwing my eye out.
    I cannot build anything new. Menu and buidling selection comes up but no building graphic and no higlight to place. Moving and destroying buidlings is not allowing any selection however generals can be moved. No green highlight of spots comes up when moving but they will highlight and place when in a suitable position.
    No issues with trade.
    Will see how many, if any, file errors I get when I log on tomorrow.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Same here. Cleared Cache. Tried TSO on 3 different computers and still have this issue. Tried on 3 different browsers too but to no avail.

World
    Sandycove
    Ive seen this in help channel and can only say what I said there:

" It happens often in TSO but for apparent different reasons (windows updates etc)"

"tbh if you google the actual message, you will see that it relates to TSO in 2016 & 2017 at various times which may or may not tie in with win/flash/other updates"
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 14.07.18 at 16:44.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Try flushing your DNS - worked for me to fix the issue.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Try flushing your DNS - worked for me to fix the issue.
    That fixed it for me. Thank you

Reply to Thread