Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Anniversary Event & Island Expansion

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Very nice expansion tho i would not mind maybe just putting one iron mine on there, ;please; !

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Currently all 4 islands are for sale only for gems. Wish one would be for Beanstalks. Wish BB would learn the bee hive pattern thats the most effective for storehouse+ production buildings and at least one 1+6 pattern would be available on every island. Imo the islands are only good for buildings that dont need a storehouse and since you have to build a storehouse to be able to build other buildings you will waste 1 spot right away.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice, just wonder how many of the current devs are old enough to have played the original?
    Although the game was released in 1993, it was in a near perfect state in 1992, I was lucky enough to be involved in some late testing in late 92 - early 93, mainly to check translations and apart from 1 little quirk in Mission 11, couldn't fault it. Guess we don't get that kind of attention to detail these days, seen many games on sale that should have still been in Alpha phase. Although I had a fully working version, couldn't wait to proudly purchase a copy of such a fantastic game and the demo version on the Amiga Format coverdisk just before release was perfect timing.
    Still, after all that practice, never saw the 2 disk intro until I bought the game proper (and it had a decent manual too, another thing sadly lacking these days).
    Oh, and if anyone's wondering what the quirk/bug was, if you defeated the enemy castle very early, you'd win the scenario without actually satisfying any of the win conditions. Wasn't a game breaker though, if you continued on building up your kingdom, eventually you'd reach enough population to satisfy having xx% of the total pop, even though the defeated enemies were still wandering around homeless.
    Apart from that, and the "exploit" where you could join your road system to the enemy's, the game was perfect. Still love to load it up on my trusty Amiga, and generate "water worlds" where the rowboats came into their own, as a rapid transport system.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i think its okay for gems, after all they have to make a living, or close the game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Looks useful for population buildings, although very little space to fit Mag Res for the cheap boost. As mentioned above, game stops if no-one buys gems. I get hours of fun out of this - well worth a few quid now and again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The last one of these was server vs server for prizes and no one could keep up with the german servers if i remember rightly.. has this now changed to 1 personal goals which is great but overall a global goal which i also think would be better we either all benefit or none of us do ?

World
    Sandycove
    balloons..... *shudders*

but seriously, nice one BB

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi settlers is older than 25 years .. ? commodore 64 I 1st played it on

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    1993: Commodore Amiga.
    1994: IBM-PC
    Was called Serf City: Life is Feudal in USA

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    25th anniversary, but still haven't seen any content from original game. As always, everyone is focused on Settlers 2, instead of the first one. It would be fun to hear some original sound effect and/or music from original game (first, not S2). And reward should be the castle from original game as well.

Reply to Thread