View Poll Results: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Voters
347. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am pleased with the football drops from adventures and explorers

57 16.43%
  • I like the Snack Stand and I find it useful

138 39.77%
  • I think the Stone-Cold Geologist is useful

286 82.42%
  • I think the achievements were easy to complete

141 40.63%
  • Overall, I am satisfied with the Summer Event

178 51.30%
  • I am not pleased with the football drops from adventures and explorers

225 64.84%
  • I don't like the Snack Stand and I don't find it useful

89 25.65%
  • I think the Stone-Cold Geologist is not useful

9 2.59%
  • I think the achievements were difficult to complete

58 16.71%
  • Overall, I am not satisfied with the Summer Event

98 28.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Event 2018

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't like that:
    For Lucky Explorer was set new limit 1. It was my first summer event and I hope to get two explorers.
    Drops from adventures and explorers was small but enough for me to end all tasks. But could be bigger next time.

I like that:
    1000 collectibles was easy to get because I was able to gather them twice a day.
    Stone geologist and snack stand are good and useful for me.
    Large amount of xp from quest chain is also great. One task per day was good idea. Game was more interesting. And I don't end event in one week but need play every day

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    1. I lost tracking around at 5k surplus of wet grass, helmets, and others. I remember the first time I play this type of event when I used algorithms to get the optimum amount of collectible to solve the events matches. Now was so much collectibles, i don't even bother to click on them, so that achievement was out of the question.
    2. The snack stand, 73 days to produce 25 buffs (Yes I want to stay in the game even more than 73 days so I hope will benefit from that snacks) but is totally out of the usefulness because are ways more efficient to get "stadium snack" whit Excelsior, So if I had not won it, I would never have bought it (not even for 500 balls) (4250 it's more like a joke)
    3. Stone geo (theoretical to find double deposits of granite is an excellent thing) but at a closer look granite is so cheap this days, Whit the money invested in geologist actually you can buy more granite than he can bring you back in many years from now (I don't do the full calculus, still have 11 days of event (maybe is just a filing and I'm wrong))

4. Despite the 3 points above, Overall I liked the event, I was go for the friaries, lucky explorer, The Trophy (even if I expected more challenge here), The 2 floating residence

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wasn't sure if the poll accepted multiple answers. I did vote, but there doesn't seem to be any way to check which if any of my answers were counted. So here's my response: I love the geologist, I like the Snack Stand, and I had no difficulty with the achievements. Getting balls from adventures was a huge challenge, much more difficult than in any other event I've taken part in. On the server where I have a lot of explorers, I did manage to get everything in the event. On another server where my account is newer and has fewer explorers, I didn't manage to get everything. And that was despite devoting a LOT of time to adventures over the past 3 weeks. I really feel sorry for newer players and lower levels, I would think the event must have been pretty frustrating for them.

edited to add: I did enjoy the event, and would echo the comments that it would be nice to have a summer event every year.
    Last edited by Schipperke; 19.07.18 at 18:12.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Decided very quickly after the event started that all I would go for was luck and geos as I was not prepared to spend all day every day doing adventures for a very small reward. Normally as a guild we try to assist those less fortunate to get what they would like most form an event but this time it has been a struggle to even get what we wanted ourselves.

I agree that the number of collectables from adventures/explorers etc was a bit high and most had more than enough after the end of the first week.

The daily quests was a good idea but the quests did tend to require a lot of high end resources. I still cannot see the point of having to make so many cheese sandwiches that nobody uses after about level 20.

The snack stand is of little use to those with plenty of explorers as they tend to bring home enough snacks and red settlers anyway.

Nice try but I did not enjoy it sorry.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    too many collectibles and the buffs that could be bought with them. I would have liked some reward for left over ones.

World
    Northisle
    On the plus side, I liked
    - daily quest chain, different more challenging quests and good xp rewards ( apart from taking event resource from us,which is just daft)
    - stone cold geo is great
    - much better collectibles drops so less hanging around waiting for collectibles to complete matches, however balancing is just way off, thousands of one thing, tens of another

Not so good:
    - little point in adventuring as drops very poor, ended up just doing riches of the mountain, so pretty boring and not collaborative at all
    - mini daily quests were a pain and rewards pitiful
    - got most of my balls through trading costly resources... i like the personal challenge of getting everything in the shop through adventures and quests, so this was a big letdown.
    - space is at a premium so rewards of buildings, or 2 buildings of the same type to garner time bonuses not a very good idea, please don't develop if further.
    - some of the achievements were well beyond people, unless they caught all 3 drops in a day, not very realistic for many.

Thanks for the event, and all the free stuff. I'd love a summer event every year, the year's without are very boring between easter and halloween unless you throw in a couple of crisis quests.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I see a snack stand, footie pitch, the French and Croatian flags on the Russian ground. And some wells: 4 to the left, 2 to the right. 4:2 wells... well scored! Just need more water...
    Last edited by WarmeMutz; 19.07.18 at 19:12.

World
    Newfoundland
    mutiple snack stands, football pitches seems pointless and annoying with island space running out, maybe a option to drop 2nd of building on top of current to upgrade instead of having muliples would be better future plan, was nice to have another lucky explorer, and the new geo 2 will help the granite mines last a bit longer, achivements were easy enough for me but then i was leaving game online when away so was getting 3x collectables per day so the collect 1000 was no problem. overall i think the event was good, with enough rewards on offer, the 2 floaters were a welcome bonus, with 3 armies to build more population is always welcome, looking forward to the new nords residence to replace some of my nobles to increase pop a bit more in the coming months. only downside for me was the low football drops and way to much of certain collectables from loots.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I found this event a real drag. Having host of responsibilities only unlock one quest a day really killed any possible hype at the beginning of the event because after 5 minutes there was nothing extra to do.

Collectibles were so imbalanced, thousands too many of those from explorers whilst waiting several days to get enough of those that only appeared on the island or in adventure drops.

And the idea of needing multiple buff buildings is really getting on my nerves with so little island space available. Just make the building upgradeable instead. I mean a football pitch that works for 90 mins a day or a snack stand with the long cook time of stadium stacks means I've got an almost useless building clogging up my island. I didn't waste the few footballs I got on either of those.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i found it all enjoyable and usefull.

Closed Thread