View Poll Results: What's your impression on the Summer Event 2018?

Voters
347. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am pleased with the football drops from adventures and explorers

57 16.43%
  • I like the Snack Stand and I find it useful

138 39.77%
  • I think the Stone-Cold Geologist is useful

286 82.42%
  • I think the achievements were easy to complete

141 40.63%
  • Overall, I am satisfied with the Summer Event

178 51.30%
  • I am not pleased with the football drops from adventures and explorers

225 64.84%
  • I don't like the Snack Stand and I don't find it useful

89 25.65%
  • I think the Stone-Cold Geologist is not useful

9 2.59%
  • I think the achievements were difficult to complete

58 16.71%
  • Overall, I am not satisfied with the Summer Event

98 28.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Event 2018

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I'll share some of my thoughts as well.

Could have been better:
    - Snack Stand. Although, it was awesome to get it as a reward for completing the quest chain, considering it's effectiveness, it was quite expensive in the shop. I really like its concept, though. And all the other buff buildings as well, like Footie Pitch or Spring Park.
    - No seasonal adventures - I believe it's a very cool way of bringing some change into everyday gameplay and increase overall activity and interactions between players. Especially considering how few balls adventures gave us.
    - Getting the 1k collectables achievement was quite tough. I'm happy with the other achievements, though.

What I liked:
    - The quest chain - I think it was brilliant and one of the best event quest chains so far. It seemed like the rewards and tasks were actually quite balanced and reasonable. Also, most of them were not doable in just 1-2 clicks. I, myself, didn't have the PvP Heavy Infantry part, however, I do agree with those who say it was a bit unnecessary. Seems a bit out of place.
    - Event shop - Aside from Snack Stand, I'm satisfied with the rewards. I enjoy completely new things being implemented (Stone Geos), and we can always use a new Lucky Explorer.

I like the challenge in events, however, this time it seemed to be a little bit on the "too difficult" side. In general, I'm still happy with the whole event. Adapt to what you've got and go with it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure I understand the complaints about the 1000 collectible achievement. Sure, it was tough to get, but is everyone really supposed to have an easy time getting every achievement? Then it's not really an achievement anymore.

As someone else mentioned, it's a shame that coop adventures weren't given a highlight spot as a way to earn footballs. My major peeve about TSO is the lack of gameplay interaction with other players outside of buffing (which is just annoying) and lootspots.
    Last edited by Cephalad; 20.07.18 at 10:51.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Too many collectibles that we just do not need at all. (Helmets, Shoulder pads for example)
    They have to also balance for new players with only 3 tavern explorers. On US server I have 6 explorers and I still had to buy some studs to be able to complete the adv.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post (fragments)
    The 1,000 collectible achievement was not achievable for too many.

Too many collectibles that we just do not need at all. (Helmets, Shoulder pads, grass...)

Matches was interesting.

I've only bought the Explorer.

Last few days was boring with expensive quests for items we don't need anymore.

Very small amount of balls from adventures, I've never received the max announced by wiki...

Hope the next one will be better - it was not at all for small (under 50) levels.

Anyway, have fun

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am overall pleased with the event.

Good sides:
    + A lot of great rewards for Footballs:
    + new building as a reward from quests (+ another from footballs, if you want). The Snack Stand produces 120 hot-dogs per year, and these are still one of the most powerful buffs in the game. The second Stand would increase this to 240. Thats nice result if you ask me.
    + one more lucky explorer + stone geologists + building licenses
    + friaries
    + fun quest chain with XP rewards, new steps unlocked with days, instead of immediately
    + not bad matches adventures (unchanged since last event, which made them predicable),
    + event calendar: always welcome

Medium:
    * Footie Pitch; slightly better as the cooldown reduces and the new type of buff, but still situational
    * One of the quest which required 3k of free spots for population... ugh... needed to send to suicide mission some of my non-recruits

Something went wrong
    * the prices vs football drops & findings, I am at 1/2 of what I intended to get,
    * I think, too much % of drops gone to 'tactical items', the problem is that once reached needs for all matches, the tactical items are pretty much useless
    * Tactical items from searches were in abundance, while from collections were just enough defeat the matches. Although I collected them once per day.
    * I somehow miss predicting the Champions (even if I wouldn't stand chance)

Some football stats:

Footballs from collectibles:
    Approx 1000 collectibles * 1/5 (one per 5 was a football) * 2(footballs per click) = approx 400 balls from collectibles?

Football from Adventures: unless you are stocked with Outlaws or Traitors, they are at sth like 10-15 Footballs per adventure. 2 * 15 Footballs (one adventure per day) = 300 Footballs,
    Loot from swapping was also nerfed (think of 30 Footballs for swapping Velds, 26 for Surprise Attack). I think that 36 balls per Adv was max, what was obtainable excluding Ali Baba)

Footballs from daily quests = 0, event items only

Footballs from explorers = dunno, but these guys seem to be the most reliable source, ( rough estimation = 15 Explorers * 8 Balls per day * 20 days = 2 - 2.5k Footballs)

Football from matches = 150 + 200 + 300 + 350 +400 = 1400 (might be wrong by a couple of hundreds) (+50% = 2100)

Footballs from achievements= 150 + 4*(30+40+50) = approx 630

Footballs from expeditions = 0 (why?)

Overall nicely done. Looking forward to next events

World
    Northisle
    As an afternoon / weekend player the only goal I didn't reach was the 1000 collectibles achievement, that now seems to be removed from achievements, is something I'd like You (BB) to think about in the next events.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    As an afternoon / weekend player the only goal I didn't reach was the 1000 collectibles achievement, that now seems to be removed from achievements, is something I'd like You (BB) to think about in the next events.
    It's not removed, the achievements you didn't complete in time just became hidden after first phase of event ended. It's been that way a while now...
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Not to reiterate what everyone else has said, 2 things that I feel strongly about:

The idea for buff buildings to stack instead of wasting large chunks of land gets a huge thumbs up - that or reduce their footprint to 1x1.

What on earth am I supposed to do with 2500 solid sandwiches? If you ever do anything about it though, please do NOT make a quest to use them on friends!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gringo View Post
    What on earth am I supposed to do with 2500 solid sandwiches? If you ever do anything about it though, please do NOT make a quest to use them on friends!!
    Gave mine to lowest members of the guild so they could use them.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it was the third quest that said I had to build a load of houses that I didn't want & don't have licenses for to increase my population limit to a level that I don't want. I didn't even get credited with the population increase that the free floating residences made. That took me out of the quest chain. Looked like a veiled method of getting me to buy gems, turned out to be a way of putting me off buying gems in the future. What was the point of that?
    Last edited by Chunks; 21.07.18 at 10:41.

Closed Thread