View Poll Results: How important are the event achievements for you (taking aside connected rewards)?

Voters
1079. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both general and event related achievements are very important to me

408 37.81%
  • I like the event achievements. I can see what I've done over the years that way

472 43.74%
  • I don't really take notice of the achievements, but I like the rewards during event times

310 28.73%
  • The achievement system helps me reach success in an event; I don't want to miss them

322 29.84%
  • I have never cared for achievements, never will I care for them

38 3.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Achievement Survey

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane_Starz View Post
    I really disliked that I have to spend gems to complete all the event achievements (Easter event asked for an adventure that could only be obtained by spending gems). This creates the feeling I *have* to spend real-world money to be able to play the game well. The Settlers Online is a place where I can forget about my real life problems, not be confronted by them.
    you didn't HAVE to buy the adv to complete the upgrades tied to the event achieves , im happy to have 14 of 15 completed , there isn't a bonus im aware of for getting ALL achieves done above their individual returns is there? and after events are over it shows you as complete 100% so eg 14/14 or 12/12 instead of 12/15 .

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The big problem with achievements (and some main quests) is that BB's fiddling with the balance of the game knocks onto these and turns a challenge into a massive slog.
    Case in point, the quest to earn 10k gold coins from L5 or above adventures.
    This was originally a fair challenge, but since BB messed so much with the loot drops, coins rarely drop and this quest sits around for quite literally years and many level ups.
    The other problem is of course well known, and that's the bad event achievements based on random events. the obvious one is the accursed "click on xxxx event collectables" when the number of collectables is random, and respawns that are supposed to be every 8 hours in reality average 12 - 16 hours before they appear again, whether you log out and return or stay logged in. Fed up of staying awake through the night waiting for these and ending up going to bed at 10am or later the next day just to get a 2nd spawn within a 24 hr period that should have had 3.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Wills View Post
    How about something really good for a change that has some really interesting and different skills, rather than just fighting I hate the fighting, it's the worst part of Settlers. My game just wants to settle down and increase it's people, without having to fight... to just up sticks and battle on some other island is not very interesting, especially as they repeat over and over again.
    Totally agree.
    There should be far more gameplay and achievements centred on settling and economics rather than adventuring. Give us ways to get similar high xp and level up through settlement building not fighting. There are many, many achievements that could be based on this.
    The game is called Settlers after all, not Invaders.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    It would be good to have a special reward building linked to achieves that gives better bonuses the more achieves you get and maybe looks more prestigious too

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree the pvp defending achievement is extremely hard to do. You really have to rely on someone attacking you that do not know how to do pvp. There is really no way to be successful at defending unless you get a beginner or they make a silly mistake. Its never one's strategy in defending.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigintiljon View Post
    I really like achievements, too. However, as for event ones, I'd personally prefer if they didn't go up to 100% after every event. I'd like to be able to see later what the achievements were and what I missed.
    I agree to a point as I like to know that I actually completed them. However occasionally the event makes it impossible. I could not make collect the 1000 collectibles - I have to work, got a home to look after and I do like to sleep. Also I have known people to complain that they to lower level to complete some achievements. Perhaps instead of making events have achievements add then as quests. Or be more thoughtful of the achievements.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Note to Self:- Remember to check out how I am doing re achievements on a regular basis. Not just during Events!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Wills View Post
    The rewards are very useful from these events, but mostly the events are pretty naff. How about something really good for a change that has some really interesting and different skills, rather than just fighting and making stuff. I hate the fighting, it's the worst part of Settlers. My game just wants to settle down and increase it's people, without having to fight. Fair enough if my island is invaded as all the old disk games, then it's war, but to just up sticks and battle on some other island is not very interesting, especially as they repeat over and over again.
    I agree

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    eventwise and hiya, i think the footy event is much easier to complete than others but price of stuff in event market higher = more settling involved

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    the achievements are very good part of the game
    but then, they r underestimated cos they dint give something reliable for the afford to doing it and so
    its like - ooh, see that 75, he will make it in a second
    thats old new story - only the big guys are in the favor of this
    (sry my engrish)
    i dont complain, its not balanced
    b

Reply to Thread