View Poll Results: How important are the event achievements for you (taking aside connected rewards)?

Voters
1079. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both general and event related achievements are very important to me

408 37.81%
  • I like the event achievements. I can see what I've done over the years that way

472 43.74%
  • I don't really take notice of the achievements, but I like the rewards during event times

310 28.73%
  • The achievement system helps me reach success in an event; I don't want to miss them

322 29.84%
  • I have never cared for achievements, never will I care for them

38 3.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Achievement Survey

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Achievement Survey

Dear Settlers,

Today we'd like to invite you to take part in a survey regarding the Achievements System in the game. Tell us what you think about it by choosing one or more options in the poll above.

• Run-time: Aug 3rd - Aug 10th 2018

Your time in providing us with your participation in the poll and opinions is very much appreciated.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Saqui

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    do we get achievements for giving feedback, did sign the poll ;-). I did do my job as requested :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    When I feel stuck in the main game, the achievements are a way to keep me motivated, because they form another set of challenges and they do give a peek into what the game has to offer at higher levels. I definitely would do them with or without rewards, but being able to aim for a specific achievement because of the connected reward makes them even more appealing.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are lots of achievements in this game, however, the rewards are seriously lacking. I am talking about achievements that are not related to events. As a player i like to be rewarded for everything i manage to accomplish within a game, so even the reward of 5 fish would make me feel so much better instead of getting one big potato. Look at the Lord of the rings online - there are literally gazillions of achievements, deeds, etc - absolute completionists wet dream, BUT you get rewarded in lotro points (equivalent of gems) for every single one of them. They depend on microtransactions as well, but are way more generous in rewarding their playerbase.

Elrelith
    I like the achievements, not really caring about the rewards for completing them, but some are just extreamly hard, almost impossible. I'm mainly thinking on the "The Rock", defend 1000 colonies. Usually I loose a colony with 5-8 attacks, guessing some ppl now exactly how to block and kill leaders everywhere, even if I stuff em up with defending towers.

Then some achievements seems to be broken. Like Adventurer, I got the green checkmark for both requirements, but it doesn't say completed.

I'd like more surprise achievements, like the one, build x amount of roads and it just pops up that I managed to recieve an achievement.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It's kinda hard to care about them when:

Some are broken and do not trigger as being completed even when all objectives are done.
    Some have virtually impossible requirements (do something which takes several hours thousands of times).
    Harsh punishment for completing some (science ones that require taking broken/worthless skills, the cost to undo taking those skills is very expensive).

I end up mostly just going for the ones with gem rewards, the rest get ignored or completed without me knowing they exist as achievements.
    The event ones are different as on a few of the events the achievement score is tied to upgrading a unique building so they are worth doing.

World
    Northisle
    I find that many of the more casual players don't notice achievements and miss out on rewards because of it.
    I would strongly suggest that all achievements with rewards be paired with an equivalent quest, it would be more visible if the rewards were for the quest too.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I like to get achievemets Point, that way it give some goals to aim for and it help to lead the way to what to go for next when out of ideas. Also like the ones that gives rewards Only think that when you get a acievement done the announcement dissapear very Quick so you hardly get to read what you just done.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    The rewards are very useful from these events, but mostly the events are pretty naff. How about something really good for a change that has some really interesting and different skills, rather than just fighting and making stuff. I hate the fighting, it's the worst part of Settlers. My game just wants to settle down and increase it's people, without having to fight. Fair enough if my island is invaded as in all the old disk games, then it's war, but to just up sticks and battle on some other island is not very interesting, especially as they repeat over and over again.
    Last edited by Sir_Wills; 05.08.18 at 15:49.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Not that bothered about achievements but have noticed more event ones coming in that are not suited to the daily player who can only spare 1 to 2 hours a day playtime

Reply to Thread