Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Map Frags

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Map Frags

With the small selection of adventures on offer, I think map frags have lost their value in terms of price/cost and usefulness. I think that section in the merchant needs an overhaul. Introduce more and harder to obtain adventures into the mix. We receive map frags from explorers and excelsior but are just stored and not really used.

If they were to introduce more adventures for map frags they could increase the price of said adventures so they could maintain some rarity. Thus giving map frags a new purpose while giving players more adventure options.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    it does need a refresh so +1 for that ..... not least as BB seem to insist on offering us the same adventures that you can get in the adventure shop ... in guild shop for a much higher price.

BUT as for them not being useful .... mystery adventure box ... excellent for getting the seasonal adventures for events!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I tend to use mine on either black knights or witch of the swamp, if neither of those is needed for an event then they go on the mystery box.

Something I would suggest is maybe having more mystery boxes that are tied to the different adventure searches, have them unlock as the next tier of adventure search becomes available.

This would mean:

level 36 unlocks short adventure search mystery box.
    level 42 unlocks medium adventure search mystery box.
    level 56 unlocks long adventure search mystery box.

This would hopefully fix the supply of some adventures like The Island of the Pirates, Bastille Island, Twins, The Grain Conflict, Heart of the Wood.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The need for map frags depends on player level. For me here, lvl 65, I have loads but on my other 2 worlds where I am under lvl 50 I have a constant need for them to buy wots for guild quests. Just a shame dp isn't in the shop too or I would be able to buy that for gq's also.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i make hundreds of thousands of frags and they tend to get used on events when buying the mystery boxes to grab outlaws

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    every player will need map frags at some point for the fairy tale castle upgrades. That needs 3k map frags. but after that u dont really need them. im finding addy faster than i can do them with 2 intrepids searching.
    Prob is the very long addy search tends to find 56 map frags and no addy. Maybe every 3rd very long search finds an addy the others just find map frags.

Also gets a bit frustrating when u have 1 medium addy search and 1 very long search both bringing back the same addy so i end up with 4 of the same addy lol.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope you had 40k map fragments in stash before today.

World
    Sandycove
    I've been using up my map frags quickly. Used heaps for the event going on today and there's something in the Mountain Clan chain that needs a lot too. Glad to see them finally have some purpose. Now I just wish I had more
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    To me it looks like u are an old player... maybe u have full number of explorer & a RPH to produce map fragments... For me map fragments really means a lot & let me tell u something more.. during summer event was just a player trading map fragments for footballs so ur statement in my view is not correct at all. I'm using all my map fragments but I think our view is different just cos our premises are different.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    With the small selection of adventures on offer, I think map frags have lost their value in terms of price/cost and usefulness. I think that section in the merchant needs an overhaul. Introduce more and harder to obtain adventures into the mix. We receive map frags from explorers and excelsior but are just stored and not really used.
    Now this is what you asked for more adv to buy for map fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Makomori View Post
    For me map fragments really means a lot & let me tell u something more.. during summer event was just a player trading map fragments for footballs so ur statement in my view is not correct at all. I'm using all my map fragments but I think our view is different just cos our premises are different.
    and when you get it your still not happy because you spent yours during the last event

as you can see not everyone can be pleased

Reply to Thread