Reply to Thread

Thread: Impossible daily quest - mine titanium

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Impossible daily quest - mine titanium

I'm Level 51 and just got a Daily Quest to mine 80 titanium. Since the titanium mine isn't available until Level 61 (and I'm not likely to gain 10 levels quickly), it is safe to say that quest is effectively impossible. I've cancelled it, of course, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Some recent change has drastically increased the cost of some of the Daily Quests (used to be 240 horses; now 80 cannons, etc), but up until this one they were possible - expensive and probably not worth it, but possible - but this one just isn't.

I think whatever algorithms controls these things (and was tweaked to increase the requirements) needs revisiting.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What is the quest name and what is the exact wording of the quest?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    it will have been either
    Titanium Shortage Pay 85 titanium bars from your storage
    Cheap Prices Gather or produce at least 170 titanium ore

both these quests show up from lvl 35 for the gather or produce you can get from explorer's/loot/placed from your star menu)choose to put your loot to star rather than store)
    So completely possible at your lvl51 if you'd only asked in chat's before cancelling

the only daily quest that involves a cannon is a lvl50 up
    settlers On The Moon
    Pay 1 cannon from your storage
    Pay 1 barrel from your storage
    Pay 35 gunpowder from your storage

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter_Sweet View Post
    for the gather or produce you can get from explorer's/loot/placed from your star menu)choose to put your loot to star rather than store)
    Trading to obtain the appropriate resources will also complete "gather" quests!

World
    Sandycove
    could be this my gq today at lv 67 https://prnt.sc/kfvd5r

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Couldn't tell you the quest names as I only pay attention to the requirements. Didn't know trading counted - only knew I couldn't mine it - so I could, theoretically, do that quest, but it simply isn't worth it.

The quests that need 1-3 level goods are one thing, but the ones that need 4th/expert level goods make for a very poor return on investment. At Lvl51 I can only get the first two letters, first two guides or 2nd/3rd level goods. As such, most of the time you would be paying 4th level goods (exotic wood, titanium, gunpowder) to get 2nd level (copper or coal). Why would anyone want to do that?

As such, I still consider it a bug/flaw-in-formula because it is unrealistic RoI.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Your join date is quite early, I am surprised you thought titanium only came from mining but a lot of these quests were from before level50+ was added, the only supply of expert goods were from explorer searches and adventures (low level ones like outlaws can give you titanium ore).

The crystals are actually very useful now, its a good idea to bank them for later when you start needing quite a lot for ventures. If you think the crystal rewards are bad, you should have seen how dreadful the daily quests were before they were changed to crystals (did you take a break for several years?), it wouldn't surprise me if the 170 titanium quests would have rewarded something like 20 wheat :P

If you look back in the forum history you will likely see a lot of complaints about just how bad the daily quests used to be
    Last edited by Kotugo; 07.08.18 at 20:52.

World
    Sandycove
    Two key words in quests are "gather" or "obtain". In either of these cases it doesn't matter how you come up with it: make it yourself, buy it from the merchant, trade for it, etc. Even if a player doesn't have regular friends or guild members to help I've seen many times people on the trade wall asking if they could do a round trade to meet some kind of circumstance like a unexpected quest.

"produce" is an entirely different word - in that case you have no choice. You must actually mine it, build it, make it, etc. Reading the wording extremely carefully is sometimes required.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    The quests that need 1-3 level goods are one thing, but the ones that need 4th/expert level goods make for a very poor return on investment. At Lvl51 I can only get the first two letters, first two guides or 2nd/3rd level goods. As such, most of the time you would be paying 4th level goods (exotic wood, titanium, gunpowder) to get 2nd level (copper or coal). Why would anyone want to do that?
    Hmm? if it was a daily quest then the reward is crystals which are very valuable at any level and the value just raises the higher level you are.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    it will say gather or produce. easy to do. either trade with a freind or guild member or buy it in the TO.

If ur in a guild just ask if anyone else has the same quest then trade with each other so u both complete it.
    Simplest way is a return trade. so if u have to gather 100 titanium ore send a trade of 100 ore for 1 fish then a 2nd trade 1 fish for 100 ore to the same player.
    It works with all quests that require u to gather or aquire res. read the quest and see what it says. if its just produce then u have to make it. but most of the others is to get it anyway u can. Most of it is just diff wording but the same thing.

Reply to Thread