Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pirate event suggestions for improvements

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Gaining a boat load of exp was the whole idea of the event. If everyone had a few days notice then everyone could take part in the event and have fun with it. So basically what you are saying is that they put out an event and then they hope not everyone can take part in it. Whats the point in putting on the event then, if all its going to do is annoy people that will miss out. That's no way to run a business.
    The event did not even originally have experience bonus so it definitely was not the whole idea for them. What I said they planned the event to be a surprise and probably selected the final features and duration partly on based on that fact. I also did not say they hoped that people can not participate but that they knew that not all players would not be fully prepared so it would even it out the decisions or create balance.

Forget what you have heard or what you think other people or BB thinks. I am going to ask you a yes or no question. Personally, if you were offered the choice to be notified 2 days before a mini event starts with no trade-offs would you welcome it, yes or no?
    Yes, even a week or month before is fine if they wouldn't take anything out.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    If we want more of this type of event I dont think we should ask for it to be more complicated. The fact that it is simple makes it easy to implement. I liked it just the way it was. I am sure though that many players on lower levels would have liked more adv to do. At level 71 I could do all of them - but had a friend who had lost skull, motherly love and Island of the pirates to do.

I did not have a huge lot time to make the most of it - but so what. I like that something is going on and people are active.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    At level 71 I could do all of them - but had a friend who had lost skull, motherly love and Island of the pirates to do.
    A good reason why Buccaneer Roundup should have been included.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    If we want more of this type of event I dont think we should ask for it to be more complicated. The fact that it is simple makes it easy to implement. I liked it just the way it was. I am sure though that many players on lower levels would have liked more adv to do. At level 71 I could do all of them - but had a friend who had lost skull, motherly love and Island of the pirates to do.

I did not have a huge lot time to make the most of it - but so what. I like that something is going on and people are active.
    Well if there were an advanced notice of the event even more people would of been active. Also it would not complicate the event if players knew when it was going live. I find it strange that BB put on an event and do not tell their customers that it is coming. I am sure they want as many people playing the game as possible, more players, busier servers, potentially more profit. Even with Happy hour, a few days notice before it comes on could help players plan to get some cash together if they needed to.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 18.08.18 at 16:37.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    The event did not even originally have experience bonus so it definitely was not the whole idea for them. What I said they planned the event to be a surprise and probably selected the final features and duration partly on based on that fact. I also did not say they hoped that people can not participate but that they knew that not all players would not be fully prepared so it would even it out the decisions or create balance.

Yes, even a week or month before is fine if they wouldn't take anything out.
    Whatever the final decisions are made before an event is implemented, I'm sure that it would not be a last minute thing and that they would know what was involved way before the event starts. So there would be plenty of time to let us know what was going on.

So you would like to be notified before an event starts, so why are you arguing against it? Its all very well telling me what you think BB are thinking but I am not asking them. I made a suggestion about having an announcement a few days before the start of the event, all I wanted was for people to agree and give reasons for it or disagree and give reasons against. That is what the suggestion area of the forums is all about, people forget that and complicate things.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    .. so why are you arguing against it?
    I already answered several times to this with a detailed explanations. You should go read them with a though. My replies were also feedback to the subject for whoever from BB reads them, if any.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It looks like after the first innocent suggestion the thread has been hijacked into an argument about if an event like that needs to be announced ahead or not.

Personally I am OK with a little surprise now and then with simple events like this one. I'm glad that big events with important rewards are well announced, the rest can be a surprise. Doesn't hurt me at all, especially when there is no exclusive reward which I would not want to miss. Here with this, a few more extra XP or regular resources does not make a big difference to me and I'd play (or ignore) the same with or without forward announcement.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    It looks like after the first innocent suggestion the thread has been hijacked into an argument about if an event like that needs to be announced ahead or not.
    Okay folks, I think this would be my cue to step in with a friendly reminder that while suggestions and feedback are encouraged, derailing a thread by arguing the same point back and forth is not healthy.

This thread is about suggestions on how to improve the Pirate Event should it ever be activated again at some point in future. It has been suggested that some prior warning for events such as this would be appreciated by some and others have expressed their opinion that they don't feel it is necessary and/or that the surprise was actually quite welcome. Each of the players involved has expressed their opinion on the matter and I am sure this feedback will be relayed through the appropriate channels. You are each entitled to express your thoughts on the matter and now that you have done so there is nothing to be accomplished by continuing to stress your side of that debate.

If other players have an opinion they wish to express on the matter of advance warning, then by all means do so, but can those that have already made their feelings on that particular issue perfectly clear please refrain from derailing the thread any further.

Thank you.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    One awesome thing that could be included in a future pirate event:

A pirate ship, functioning as a floating residence, housing for example 100 population.

It could be the reward from a quest chain, or perhaps a one-time loot from one of the pirate-themed adventures

Reply to Thread