Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pirate event suggestions for improvements

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

pirate event suggestions for improvements

Either via a quest .. or an event shop but not for gems.

PIRATE FLAG!!!!

also ....

GROG .... (exactly the same as easter egg roll) but available during pirate event only.

World
    Northisle
    +1

Nice ideas.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I also suggest a News in the "News & Announcements" forum.
    Where we can find all the informations about this, at the same (and right) place

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also, a little heads up would of been nice. For players that use elite troops on a daily basis and the length of time it takes to train more troops then having this event just appear from nowhere has meant that maybe some players have not been able to take full advantage of the event. We are here to play the game and participate in events as much as we can but giving players no time to prepare is not very sporting. Same goes for any future mini events.

We were given plenty of time for the black knights so called event so why not do the same with events that players would actually like to take part in?

Basically, it can be done, so why not do it?
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.08.18 at 11:27.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Also, a little heads up would of been nice. For players that use elite troops on a daily basis and the length of time it takes to train more troops then having this event just appear from nowhere has meant that maybe some players have not been able to take full advantage of the event. We are here to play the game and participate in events as much as we can but giving players no time to prepare is not very sporting. Same goes for any future mini events.

We were given plenty of time for the black knights so called event so why not do the same with events that players will actually like to take part in?
    These type events usually start suddenly on purpose and I assume it's precisely so people don't stock up and prepare too much. This is what I understood from previous similar events and forum replies overall.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    A few of my guild mates had just completed the mountain clan chain, so you can imagine how many elite troops they didn't have. I thought playing games was meant to be fun and having events was something to get into and enjoy. It feels like my guild mates have been penalised for simply playing the game, as they had missed out on this event. I am sure just a few days notice would enable everyone to plan but not be able to prepare too much. Its not much to ask. Also there is a massive difference in being able to prepare too much and not being able to prepare at all.

Mannerheim, are you happy with the way it is or would you like at least a minimum of, lets say 2 days notice of any up coming mini events if it was your choice?

Because TBH I am not interested what you think BB are thinking, so don't do their job for them. Have your own opinion. You either like the idea and then give reasons or you don't like the idea and also give reasons. This is how the game suggestion area should work, some people forget that here is where we can make a difference to the game.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.08.18 at 12:07.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had a big troop loss too in MCC and EQ right before the event so a pre-announcement would have of course been nice but I also knew the event was about to come at one point so had some reserves kept that in mind. There were also people with 7 day upgrades running in to trouble due no announcement.

However if a pre-announcement would mean they would not ie. offer +100% more xp or a shop section then I don't want one. Even 1-2 days warning is enough to stock event adventures, thousands of map fragments and troops with all top buffs.

edit: Even with the troop loss I managed to take part of the event just fine by having all possible barracks buff that I had running all the time.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 15.08.18 at 12:14.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I had a big troop loss too in MCC and EQ right before the event so a pre-announcement would have of course been nice but I also knew the event was about to come at one point so had some reserves kept that in mind. There were also people with 7 day upgrades running in to trouble due no announcement.

However if a pre-announcement would mean they would not ie. offer +100% more xp or a shop section then I don't want one. Even 1-2 days warning is enough to stock event adventures, thousands of map fragments and troops with all top buffs.
    Why would you think they would not offer the extra exp and shop section if they were to pre-announce?
    Okay, let compromise. How about a generic announcement that there will be an event, no specific details so no-one could possibly know what to stock up on.
    Think about it this way, an event starts from nowhere and you do not have any of the right items to take part in the event and that's because you were too busy just playing the game. Is that fair? A few days notice, I think is acceptable, and not too much to ask.
    Also not everyone could stock up everything needed in 1-2 days but would give people a start so they can enjoy the event.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.08.18 at 12:28.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Why would you think they would not offer the extra exp and shop section if they were to pre-announce?
    Okay, let compromise. How about a generic announcement that there will be an event, no specific details so no-one could possibly know what to stock up on.
    Think about it this way, an event starts from nowhere and you do not have any of the right items to take part in the event and that's because you were too busy just playing the game. Is that fair? A few days notice, I think is acceptable, and not too much to ask.
    Also not everyone could stock up everything needed in 1-2 days but would give people a start so they can enjoy the event.
    Removal would be to balance it out. I managed to get +10 million exp unprepared and missing troops but there were some doing double or triple of that. Now imagine if all players would be ready for the event with full army ready to start with and storage with map fragments to buy everything.

There were multiple announcements that pirates event is coming at some point and a couple of feedback threads. I think our guild was prepared with map fragments since March. Now I don't mind a week or few day pre-announcement at all if there will be no trade-offs because of that. I just think and base it on their replies that they even it out a bit when not everyone is taking a part of the event at all or with their full capabilities. They are running a business and part of that is try to sell gem items or make people use the gem features.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Removal would be to balance it out. I managed to get +10 million exp unprepared and missing troops but there were some doing double or triple of that. Now imagine if all players would be ready for the event with full army ready to start with and storage with map fragments to buy everything.

There were multiple announcements that pirates event is coming at some point and a couple of feedback threads. I think our guild was prepared with map fragments since March. Now I don't mind a week or few day pre-announcement at all if there will be no trade-offs because of that. I just think and base it on their replies that they even it out a bit when not everyone is taking a part of the event at all or with their full capabilities. They are running a business and part of that is try to sell gem items or make people use the gem features.
    Gaining a boat load of exp was the whole idea of the event. If everyone had a few days notice then everyone could take part in the event and have fun with it. So basically what you are saying is that they put out an event and then they hope not everyone can take part in it. Whats the point in putting on the event then, if all its going to do is annoy people that will miss out. That's no way to run a business. They can't sell gems if they annoy their customers.

We have 4 main events a year, we are told well in advance when they start and what to expect. Its so people can prepare and look forward to them. The other 8 or so months of the year there is nothing different to do except for these mini events. I think a little notice would get people interested in the game and may just stick around instead of just springing an event on us in hopes not everyone can take part.

Forget what you have heard or what you think other people or BB thinks. I am going to ask you a yes or no question. Personally, if you were offered the choice to be notified 2 days before a mini event starts with no trade-offs would you welcome it, yes or no?

Please do not swear on the forums.

Edit, I'm sorry for the language, it will not happen again
    Last edited by PELIAS; 18.08.18 at 16:09.

Reply to Thread