Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Island Expansion

World
    Sandycove
    Agreed here as well.
    Either half for gems and half for beanstalks or perhaps a choice on each. 3000 gems or 300,000 beanstalks or something like that - at least give players an option.
    Many will pay the gems regardless (removed) but it is shamefully cash-grabbing...
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 14.08.18 at 00:02.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did I read this right, all 4 islands will require the gem version of the deed to unlock?
    That's 14k gems we have to find, surely some of these should have been for stalks or equivalent.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, I agree that the price of more than 3400 is quite excessive and one would have to think very carefully about acquiring more space....
    I feel that a "buff" or some other method to recover forest ground or "desert" ground on the home island wold be more beneficial. That would easily be accommodated and allow for more buildings.
    The "Island Expansion" makes no mention of additional building licenses or similar matters.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it is very disappointing that they appear to be only available for gems.
    Surely it could be made that those with the deposits can be bought with gems but the others purely for space could be bought with beanstalks.
    Those who have genuinely run out of space have been loyal players for years and have no doubt contributed in many purchases in the past.

World
    Newfoundland
    Where were you guys when the sneak peak asked for feedback? Now its set in stone and we'll just have to deal with it..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Where were you guys when the sneak peak asked for feedback? Now its set in stone and we'll just have to deal with it..
    We were discussing it in global chat with Devs as many were saying they felt purely a gem cost was unreasonable, to be told by a Dev that it wasnt set in stone, and we would have to wait to see what the final decision was.

The following was mentioned in the feedback:-

But we already used 7 sector deeds to open Islands Archipelago. Are you going to make us use 4 x 3,5K gems for this ? The Idea is great, but if it is "you can only go on, if you use more money, than you did already" its just a money scam....

70 Euro for 4 little islands

Currently all 4 islands are for sale only for gems. Wish one would be for Beanstalks. Wish BB would learn the bee hive pattern thats the most effective for storehouse+ production buildings and at least one 1+6 pattern would be available on every island. Imo the islands are only good for buildings that dont need a storehouse and since you have to build a storehouse to be able to build other buildings you will waste 1 spot right away.
    Last edited by BoddingtonUK; 14.08.18 at 10:40.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddingtonUK View Post
    We were discussing it in global chat with Devs as many were saying they felt purely a gem cost was unreasonable, to be told by a Dev that it wasnt set in stone, and we would have to wait to see what the final decision was.

The following was mentioned in the feedback:-

But we already used 7 sector deeds to open Islands Archipelago. Are you going to make us use 4 x 3,5K gems for this ? The Idea is great, but if it is "you can only go on, if you use more money, than you did already" its just a money scam....

70 Euro for 4 little islands

Currently all 4 islands are for sale only for gems. Wish one would be for Beanstalks. Wish BB would learn the bee hive pattern thats the most effective for storehouse+ production buildings and at least one 1+6 pattern would be available on every island. Imo the islands are only good for buildings that dont need a storehouse and since you have to build a storehouse to be able to build other buildings you will waste 1 spot right away.
    What was the name of the dev? I'm not sure if there were any other plans than gems based on test server and as gems are rather "easy" for +50 lvl player to acquire without money

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Did I read this right, all 4 islands will require the gem version of the deed to unlock?
    This is, of course, completely consistent with the other independent islands that are disconnected from the body of the archipelago. Unfortunately..

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    In the 1st expansion 7 of the 10 areas were available for stalks but you've gone the gem route for all 4 on this one. very disappointing.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It seems expensive at first, but upon second look it seems OK. Cost of the deed is the same as original 3, so it follows the pattern. As a high end feature, extras of space expansion, I have no problem with gem unlock.

The only thing I'm finding a bit irritating right now is another isolated granite deposit like the one on original North-East gem island. Would prefer them both to be incorporated in the general mining pool somehow maybe through a bridge or underwater tunnel or just workers walking across the shallow after paying travel pass or toll or any other fun arrangement.

Apart from that, yeah, bring it on.

Reply to Thread