Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Island Expansion

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    In the 1st expansion 7 of the 10 areas were available for stalks but you've gone the gem route for all 4 on this one. very disappointing.
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    Im fine with some being for gems, simply because BB have to have the option to make some revenue from the game.

However, they also give gems free as in-game rewards/log in. We all know the game is slow-play with no-pay, so again its make your mind up on what you actually want to spend your FREE gems on.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddingtonUK View Post
    70 Euro for 4 little islands

Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    We all know the game is slow-play with no-pay, so again its make your mind up on what you actually want to spend your FREE gems on.
    Time is money ;-)

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    A big meh for gems, at least half of them from an event of some kind, as a reward.
    Hello People

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    People quote 70 euro but I doubt very many people make that level of investment outside of a 100% gem sale. So looking at UK prices, for £35.84 I can get 11k gems doubled to 22k gems. I can spend 16k of these on the 4 extra islands plus the additional lucky explorer and still have 6k gems left over.
    Alternatively I can spend £17.92 and get 4.8k gems doubled to 9.6k use the excelsior to get a few extra gems (not difficult) and still buy all of the deeds.

I for one am glad this is gem only and my rationale is:
    2 years ago many of us thought the game was dying and would cease within months. The reason being, the game had stagnated, trade was non existent, chat and guild activity had slowed down and lots of players leaving.
    In the last 18 months or so, theres been a huge amount of additional content and the game is again feeling like there is new stuff to do.
    All of the additional effort already delivered and yet to be delivered comes at a cost to BB. Gem sales is the way they fund this effort.
    Many people have been sat on loads of gems having obtained 10 gem pits (sometimes at nil / minimal cost). BB need a way to entice players to use gems.
    The recent updates does this and will continue to do so. I'm sure I am not the only way that has paid 98 gems to autocomplete the buff productions needed in some Mountain Clan adventures. I'm definitely not the only person that plans on buying all 4 deeds on day 1 of them being available.
    The end result is the game lasts a little longer and maybe even into and beyond 2020 when Adobe Flash disappears.
    Last edited by fishslice; 14.08.18 at 19:15.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    What was the name of the dev? I'm not sure if there were any other plans than gems based on test server and as gems are rather "easy" for +50 lvl player to acquire without money
    How do you define easy? Gems at that quantity?
    100 per week from login bonus, 100 per week from star coins, since there is a limit on gem pits you can't include that in the calculation.

Am I missing an "easy" place to get more gems?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    short letters quests 3 bits each give 50 gems good way to kinda mine gems for free in the game

qawpaw
    really oO

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    short letters quests 3 bits each give 50 gems good way to kinda mine gems for free in the game
    That is true...
    But at 50 per it takes a lot of crystals to get to the necessary 3500 for an expansion, assuming you have no other use for crystals.

It's certainly achievable with only gems and with 100% free gems. It's a matter of time. But at the given prices, it's a LOT of time. I think the main thing I'm hearing in the thread is not that there is a gem price for them, but that is the only price. There are no options.

That's what I think should be reconsidered.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post

The only thing I'm finding a bit irritating right now is another isolated granite deposit like the one on original North-East gem island.
    Except it isn't - if you already have a granite mason on the isolated island in the north, the new deposit can also be mined by him.

Think of it as a backup resource to keep him busy when his primary deposit depletes in the middle of the night. Yeh, he'll have more walking to do, but that's better than him doing nothing for several hours.

Reply to Thread