Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Island Expansion

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Granite mines have been useless since yesterday.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    whats going on with the new deposits? many searches and only one salt peter, they should not be alternates to the existing as gem island they should be extras

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    one on each island

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuiry View Post
    Totally agree here. It is annoying - a lot! Why i need shuffle for the granite deposits - you need mason nearby, it's not like the salt and titanium deposits. I'm very disappointed and I would ask BB to fix this issue or to return the gems spent - I would rather buy deeds without any deposits. The description in the dev diary was very misleading!
    you could always just put a new mason by the latest deposit, if you don't like the walk. Personally I probably won't bother - the new deposit will be a backup resource for the mason on the previous top islet, and when he empties his main deposit he will at least stay busy.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I'm just treating the new granite deposit as a way of keeping the lone mason on his own little isolated island busy when he empties his main deposit. Otherwise I have to keep topping up his quarry, or he's idle for several hours at a time, neither of which is ideal.
    you could always just search for the new deposit there ahead of time..

Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post
    Please remove the granite depo or make it +1.
    This is right. If it will not be +1 please remove the deposit so people who spend gems on the game are at least not penalized for it.

If the situation remains the same I wont buy islands with deposits although I would like to for the space.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 23.08.18 at 10:24.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    you could always just put a new mason by the latest deposit, if you don't like the walk. Personally I probably won't bother - the new deposit will be a backup resource for the mason on the previous top islet, and when he empties his main deposit he will at least stay busy.
    The thing is I didn't buy that gem sector - so I don't have mason there. My geo finds the granite for 2hrs 45m (or something like that)... So i end up with very, very distant granite depo and one of the my masons will be always long walking coz the nearst depo is empty. Now do you see how inadequate is your comment for me Wulf ;-)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    come on these new deposits should be extras considering there gem bought islands, this was not mentioned in the dev diary

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    ... So i end up with very, very distant granite depo and one of the my masons will be always long walking coz the nearst depo is empty. Now do you see how inadequate is your comment for me Wulf ;-)
    Exactly. The masons work time is ~10 min. After that depo was found, the time "Workyard -> Deposit" became 5 minutes instead 20 seconds, because they need to travel a long distance. And the new depo will never be reached anyway.

So please remove that depo or make it +1.

Also in the north islands: what was the point of the trees in the middle and also the little 1x1 space taken? One 2x2 spot lost in every island. They are already tiny...

Last edited by rosee; 23.08.18 at 12:00.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Took out my first message. The issue is already being discussed and I can only agree. Sie the islands cost a lot the deposits should be extra
    Last edited by Nastynono; 23.08.18 at 12:46. Reason: DIdn't see the that the issue is allready raised

World
    Newfoundland
    The thing is I didn't buy that gem sector - so I don't have mason there. My geo finds the granite for 2hrs 45m (or something like that)... So i end up with very, very distant granite depo and one of the my masons will be always long walking coz the nearst depo is empty. Now do you see how inadequate is your comment for me Wulf ;-)
    But if you've bought the new island with the extra deposit, you still have the option of one granite mason feeding from both, except he'll be based at the top rather than by the lower deposit. Alternatively, you don't mine either of those deposits, which leaves you in exactly the same situation as you were last week. It was made clear in the dev diary that they new deposits would be on the new islands - although admittedly we all inferred that the maximum number of concurrently usable deposits would increase accordingly.

As for your not buying that original sector, that was a tactical choice you made. It's not like gems are overly hard to come by these days, with the short letter quests.

Reply to Thread