Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Island Expansion

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    "Alternatively, you don't mine either of those deposits, which leaves you in exactly the same situation as you were last week."

Not true. You may have the situation in the screen above, with very long walk from depo to workyard.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they already said they are looking into it so it is a waiting game now

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post
    "Alternatively, you don't mine either of those deposits, which leaves you in exactly the same situation as you were last week."

Not true. You may have the situation in the screen above, with very long walk from depo to workyard.
    I fail to see how it is possible for the new deposit to affect the walking times for masons on the main body of the archipelago, since it's inaccessible. The long walk would be to a different deposit on the archipelago, which was the case prior to the expansion. The only difference might be that there are less archipelago deposits available because there are two used up in the far north, where they are out of reach unless a mason is placed on one of the three islets.

World
    Northisle
    Many thanks for your generous gift of a fruit basket,because I really needed another one.I would have preferred it if you had kept the fruit basket and put further work into making the Island expansion work properly 1st time instead of your usual we will sort it out when we can be bothered attitude.If you are going to charge gems/real money for something ,then here is a new concept for you'customer service'.I'm sure you have your own definition,but it is generally true that if you purchase a product ,then that is what you would expect to receive.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not doing more than one searches at a time, I've got all old south sectors discovered so I should be able to discover new desert island. I sent explorer to search far away sector, message about new sector discovery appeared but nothing happened

UPDATE: my guildmate actually can see the islands on my map, but I cannot, even after relog
    SECOND UPDATE: ok, it was misunderstanding, but he cannot see it either, but still it is bugged, because I definitely should be able to discover them and even if not there shouln't be a message about success
    Last edited by Ronny_cz; 23.08.18 at 17:49.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    came back from a long day at work - noticed the mist on my island and of course I sent out all explorers I had home. Bought the island deeds - and used one - it seemed to work - but when I wanted to place a storehouse I could not. Used the deed again I though- but it turned out that I used 2 so now I am one short.
    Did write support - was not really helpful.
    Now I am blessed with the knowledge that this is a know issue. What I don't know is if this is going to be fixed and if I will be able to get the missing island deed back that I paid gems for. And most of all - access to the last island at some point.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I am having the same problem as Ronny_cz above. I have sent explorers on so many searches - both together and one at a time trying to uncover the new southern islands. i have uncovered almost all of the archipelago bar the last sector and have cleared all camps except in the penultimate sector that i'm currently working on clearing. I've claimed 5 of the sectors I've cleared so I should, according to both dev diary and test server, be able to uncover the desert islands. Each time my explorers return, my log shows that my explorer has mapped a new sector but the islands are still covered in fog. I have tried refreshing multiple times, deleting cache, restarting browser and both islands still covered in a thick layer of fog. In desperation I even sent explorers on a normal sector rather than far away search! (Shockingly, this didn't help :P) I've tried all of the above in chrome browser and vivaldi browser so it seems the problem is definitely a bug in the game rather than a browser issue.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm agreeing with others the "new" deposits should not have been called that at all. If anything, the phrase "new alternative deposits" might have worked. At that price they new islands should have added to the deposit count.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Dev Diary says that desert sectors have 16 spots each. I've only mapped 15 on sector 23. Is it a typo or have I missed something?

As to granite deposit, yes as an alternate it makes no sense. Waiting with north-east islands purchase until the issue is clarified.

World
    Sandycove
    This might be of some use :
    As far as I have figured out ( and its a shame the diary has not got this information ) The islands have to be discovered in sequence, and in order to discover the first you have to have the last of the sectors on the archipeligo claimed. First green island, deed bought and claimed > second green island bought and claimed > first desert island bought and claimed > second desert island. Whilst the desert islands are adjacent to claimed sectors of the early archipeligo they appear not to be for the function of when sending out explorers to search for far away sectors.
    I also did not know, but was informed in chat, that if you send multiple explorers to search and their search time overlaps they will all report a successful find on the same sector, they will not find a new sector each. ( It was a long time ago that I was discovering multiple sectors on main island so may have missed this, forgotten it or maybe its the new island sequence thing that creates this, but that's the explanation I was given for those successful search reports and single find.
    Regarding the granite deposit in particular moving away from previous locations on the archipeligo, where we may have already strategically placed granite masons, to the new bought islands. As BB have already said they are looking into it, I trust that they have realised that whilst the other deposits are mines and having alternative locations for a fixed number is worked around by planned placement of store or refilling/pausing an upgraded mine. A mason is a fixed ( expensive production building ) and pre-placed to maximum efficiency between deposits ( Known locations ) and store, or in my case, capable of having a second deposit to work reasonably close whilst an exhausted one is rediscovered. Having spent gems on the new islands it would not go down well if by doing so BB made a production less efficient...it is suppose to be an economy based game after all ( You also can not delete that far away deposit like you can with a mine to get the chance of it moving back to where you want it by your mason )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread