Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Events calender

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Events calender

I think they should implement a calendar that stats what is coming up month by month so players could make arrangements regarding cash, days off and resources etc. Also it would keep players playing if they knew what was on the way. On the calendar could be things like mini events, main events, happy hours, free building move days, x2 grout finds etc, plus all the days that Settlers online celebrate. With the celebrations we could have:-

Book lovers day - All science buildings double their output for 1 day
    World chocolate day - Chocolate buffs are doubled for 1 day

I know I have only come up with 2 but there are way more days to cerebrate and if we had a calendar that shows these days on a monthly basis I think it would encourage players to stick around and not just log in for main events.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove

World
    Sandycove
    I dont think its a bad idea overall but it would somewhat take the surprise element out of the game.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Thank you for your detailed reply it was thought provoking and I have a lot to think about and consider

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    I think they should implement a calendar that stats what is coming up month by month so players could make arrangements regarding cash, days off and resources etc. Also it would keep players playing if they knew what was on the way. On the calendar could be things like mini events, main events, happy hours, free building move days, x2 grout finds etc, plus all the days that Settlers online celebrate. With the celebrations we could have:-

Book lovers day - All science buildings double their output for 1 day
    World chocolate day - Chocolate buffs are doubled for 1 day

I know I have only come up with 2 but there are way more days to cerebrate and if we had a calendar that shows these days on a monthly basis I think it would encourage players to stick around and not just log in for main events.
    -1 from me too, sorry
    For me, part of the game is that I DON'T know exactly when events will happen. Obviously main events are always around a certain time of the year and can be roughly planned for. I see it as a bit like RL where anything can happen (especially a crisis event, no notice in RL there) and we just have to deal with it as best we can.
    And, if I'm afk for an event, or part of it, I like the challenge of seeing what I can grind out in the time I do have or with the resources I do have. I don't need to complete/achieve/win/gather everything on offer.

I may be wrong but it seems that you feel cheated if you aren't given enough time to gather everything you need for an event and then completely smash it, winning all that's available? Where's the challenge in that?

Personally I would like MORE economical/settling-based crises or quests rather than fighting ones, it's different and would add to the diversity of the game.
    Something like logging on one morning and finding one of my production lines has suffered a disaster and I have to complete a quest to get it back up and running seems an interesting change..

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, it a terrible idea a big -1 from me also. Why would anyone want to know what's coming up in the game so they can take full advantage of it and really enjoy the game. Certainly not me, I would like to not know what's going on so I can miss out on a some of the rewards that is on offer. Other than the main events that come around at certain times of the year, then the rest of the year there is only the simple boring grind but when they put on a mini event to break up that monotony I would surely like to miss the first few days of it just to make it more interesting.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Yeah, it a terrible idea a big -1 from me also. Why would anyone want to know what's coming up in the game so they can take full advantage of it and really enjoy the game. Certainly not me, I would like to not know what's going on so I can miss out on a some of the rewards that is on offer. Other than the main events that come around at certain times of the year, then the rest of the year there is only the simple boring grind but when they put on a mini event to break up that monotony I would surely like to miss the first few days of it just to make it more interesting.
    I think the idea would had been taken better if the half of your original post would not have been about maximizing profits and gain with such calendar. Such detailed calendar might actually reduce the overall activity in the game when people would focus most of their gameplay on these specific periods or days.

I think a calendar with rough quarterly estimates for events would be ok enough , ie. Q1 crisis, easter, Q2 foorball event, Q3 pirates event, anniversary event, Q4 halloween, xmas.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I think the idea would had been taken better if the half of your original post would not have been about maximizing profits and gain with such calendar. Such detailed calendar might actually reduce the overall activity in the game when people would focus most of their gameplay on these specific periods or days.

I think a calendar with rough quarterly estimates for events would be ok enough , ie. Q1 crisis, easter, Q2 foorball event, Q3 pirates event, anniversary event, Q4 halloween, xmas.
    You are so right, I completely agree with everything you say I mean who takes part in events so they can try to maximising profits (Rewards on offer) Not me. I would rather miss out on what this game has to offer and not have a good time playing. I think it's best to just save up all resources and train loads of troops and use none of it just in case they spring an event us. Also I agree that activity would go down, I mean all those players that log on just for the main events certainly wouldn't take advantage of a calendar that showed other special days.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Pelias, there's no need for sarcasm just because other players don't agree with your suggestion.
    The few replies to you so far indicates nobody wants to play TSO in the way you've suggested.
    I've given you solid, valid reasons why I don't agree, so please reply in a mature way or not at all.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    -1 from me too, sorry
    Something like logging on one morning and finding one of my production lines has suffered a disaster and I have to complete a quest to get it back up and running seems an interesting change..
    This would probably annoy the bejeebers out of a lot of people, but by crikey I like the idea!

Reply to Thread