Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Designated spots for gen to land on home island

World
    Newfoundland

Question Designated spots for gen to land on home island

Don't you just hate it, you have to search for your gens, every time they come back from an adventure?

When You can have them nicely organised every time they are back..
    and on a spot where you know they are.. not scattered around your island in places you didn't dream of putting a garrison
    like below the excelsior.. or on the new discovered island, because there is 'no room'..

for bigger: click image

when you have a nice spot created for your gens and garrisons

for bigger: click image

so please, can't we have designated garrison spots where the garrisons return to?

it would make things a bit nicer and a bit easier to get things back to normal when the garrisons come back from an adventure..

Thank you
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do, I have a spot for all of them so I know exactly where they are: prnt.sc/kkiu92

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySafeunderdark View Post
    so please, can't we have designated garrison spots where the garrisons return to?

it would make things a bit nicer and a bit easier to get things back to normal when the garrisons come back from an adventure..

Thank you
    I agree with this.
    I built a 'car park/parking lot' for generals too on my island. It would be nice if they landed in the right spot so we didn't need to move them around after an adventure ended.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    They are nicely grouped together in star menu. What else do you need?

World
    Sandycove
    my gens land in spots on my island that are not real spots and i am happy,

so -1 to this

World
    Newfoundland
    I would like them to land in the barracks building. Where we could assign troops and all that stuff. I am not cleaver enough to show this but it has been mentioned many time before.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    my gens land in spots on my island that are not real spots and i am happy,

so -1 to this
    I agree, there are a number of odd spots along the beach where they loiter, but the time comes when all those unusable spots are occupied by garrisons, and then they start to move into building slots. I keep getting the message that I don't have any free landing spots and troops are being offloaded - when they come back from an adventure!

I don't really understand why they need to land on the island and take up valuable building space anyway. I never go looking on my island for them, I always deploy troops and send generals direct from the star menu (or from the "send army" button for an adventure). I'd much rather they just went and loitered in the tavern with the inactive geos and explorers until I have work for them to do. It's got to the point where I'll sometimes fire up a WOTS and send every general I have simply so I can see the available building spots on my island...

OK, I accept they need to visit my island if there are sectors to clear, or party crashers etc, but apart from that, they are just in the way. I've never bothered to set up a garrison area, because I want to use the spaces to support my economy.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    -1 for me on this, just use your star menu to find your generals.

World
    Sandycove

Completely neutral for me. I don't mind the generals taking up a bit of room and as mentioned most of where they hang out is not building space anyway. And if things get too crowed I can move them back into the star menu at any time. There's some generals I don't use as often and they are quite happy hiding out in the ozone...

But the idea of using the tavern which has been around a long time has merit too.

Not fussed either way
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    As an experiment, I sent all my gens away to see where they would end up on returning from an adventure... I'd like to say I was surprised by the results, but I wasn't, really.

Reply to Thread