Closed Thread

Thread: New islands idea

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

New islands idea

With the new islands coming, I was thinking that we could have a free move buildings day to make their implementation even more welcome. Who agrees??

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The subject of free move days was addressed during the 'Ask Me Anything' Community Event as follows:

Question 82: opabayern, Germany
    Is an event planned for moving buildings for free or cheaper costs?
    BB_Alex: Move events will only be used in combination with critical changes to the map or blocking in the future. Re-arranging your buildings and optimizing your economy is part of the The Settlers Online as an economy building game. The past move events had a negative impact on the usage of the move mechanic outside of those events and we decided to not trigger any additional move events, only if it is really needed because of a critical change or update.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 20.08.18 at 15:30.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    BB_Alex: Re-arranging your buildings and optimizing your economy is part of the The Settlers Online as an economy building game.
    Agree with BB_Alex. If we get everything free or easy then there's no point to this game. After all moving only costs renewable resources anyway. Although you can use gems if you want to support the game.

-1 to original suggestion.

World
    Sandycove
    nice graphics MOD_Aszbhar and welcome...

But your presence has done nothing to move this query forward.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Aszbhar View Post
    The subject of free move days was addressed during the 'Ask Me Anything' Community Event as follows:

Question 82: opabayern, Germany
    BB_Alex: Move events will only be used in combination with critical changes to the map or blocking in the future
    So that's a yes then?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    But your presence has done nothing to move this query forward.
    I would beg to differ, considering the addition of the Archipelago regions we already have wasn't considered critical enough a change to the map to warrant a free move day and neither was the addition of space around the Volcano. So, I'm fairly certain that a few extra islands won't be either.

Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    So that's a yes then?
    The last free move was when they made changes to the map that meant where we were able to place buildings and decorations changed in certain places across the whole map, so I think it's safe to assume that is what they mean by "critical changes to the map or blocking".
    Last edited by Madorosu; 20.08.18 at 18:16.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB_Alex also already said no at the test server forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex
    No, it's an addition and not a critical one. A critical change is affecting existing space, not new one, and it is critical because of the critical impact on existing buildings already placed on the island. Those new islands do not have any critical impact on placed buildings, from our perspective.

We do not plan to have a move discount when we introduce those 4 new island on live environment.
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post49156

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Given the definitive response and the source, it would seem this discussion has run its course.

Thread Closed.

Closed Thread