Reply to Thread

Thread: Multi-site Provision Houses

World
    Newfoundland

Multi-site Provision Houses

It appears that the way of the future is for buildings that make buffs require multiple building slots to become really effective (Snack Stand and Smokehouse so far, who knows what others are in the pipeline?)

Unfortunately, the times taken to produce the buffs are rather long, to say the least. It would be really useful if we were able to buff these buildings.

However, the mechanics of them makes it a bit tricky. If you have 2 snack stands, do you need two buffs to have the same effect as a single buff on a single building? Would buffing just one have a reduced effect?

I suggest a new zone buff: the Chocolate Fountain which has the effect of boosting the production of these buildings by the equivalent of one extra building for a period of time. If you had one Snack Stand, for the duration of the zone buff the production rates would be as if you had two; if you already have two in operation, then production is boosted to the level of three, and so on. This would continue the theme of diminishing returns from extra buildings that is inherent in their design.

As for how to get the zone buff? Well, there are a number of options. A recipe for the RPH is one, or it could be made available in one of the Excelsior sections like the various guide buffs.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    -1 from me. I like the fact that it takes ages to make 1 buff from these buildings, it makes the game really worth playing Also, in about 10 years you will be making these buffs a lot faster, who can argue with that. Provided you don't miss out on the events that supply these buildings
    Last edited by PELIAS; 21.08.18 at 18:21.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    -1 from me. I like the fact that it takes ages to make 1 buff from these buildings, it makes the game really worth playing Also, in about 10 years you will be making these buffs a lot faster, who can argue with that. Provided you don't miss out on the events that supply these buildings
    not that much faster - the diminishing returns means that after 3 or 4 there's nor much point in getting any more. Consider the grilled fish:

Code:
                   Buildings      Time (mins)
                        1            60
                        2            30
                        3            20
                        4            15
                        5            12
                        6            10

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    not that much faster - the diminishing returns means that after 3 or 4 there's nor much point in getting any more. Consider the grilled fish:

Code:
                   Buildings      Time (mins)
                        1            60
                        2            30
                        3            20
                        4            15
                        5            12
                        6            10
    I said in about 10 years!!! Well worth the wait Just in time for my buildings to finish upgrading to level 6
    Last edited by PELIAS; 22.08.18 at 01:23.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    so ur idea is to make buffs to place for buildings to make buffs?

i see ppl all the time making buffs for stalkers and butchers and bakers, so they can get more produce to make more buffs. i know we all play the game differently so this is just my personal opinion, but i can't imagine myself ever using a chocolate fountain.

Brotherjon
    I think there are enough buffs already for the game. I see your point for for buffs to increase buff production and it’s not a totally bad idea, but I think buffs for making buffs starts to make things too confusing.

Reply to Thread