Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Halloween Event 2018

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    If the event adventures end up as per sneak peek then we are in for another poor event for lower levels;

Wild Mary
    Stealing from the Rich
    Victor the Vicious
    Sons of the Veld
    Raiding the Raiders
    Secluded Experiments
    The Dark Brotherhood
    Whirlwind
    Ali Baba and the Treasure of Knowledge
    Ali Baba and the Treasure of Wisdom

means lower levels have a choice of sftr and RtR. Come on BB we have this same issue every year now.

Brotherjon
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    anyone care to do the math if it is at all possible to get all the limited items by yourself (+300% buffing cemetaries) or are we past that point by now adding a lot of stuff and still keeping the fixed income to earn pumpkins? not even gonna mention the unlimited stuff.

the haunted mansion is the new best tradeable pop building of the game and as such pumpkins will never be cheap again as long as its part of the event.
    There is certainly a lot of pumps needed to get all of this stuff this time around and not much more opportunity to get them compared to last year. I think as a bare minimum you would want to aim for 13.2k to get the geo, scientist, lab and mansions. I know the lab is questionable in its current state but hopefully this will be corrected and in future more options may be added. Including other gens takes this total up further, while for any of the other buildings and buffs, you could easily be looking at spending 30k or more. I suspect the pumpkin price will remain high though so that would put me off aiming for tradable buildings that we can get through TO later on.

The mansions look nice. Brace yourself for all of those requests to come in trade tab wanting to buy them off you!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    There is certainly a lot of pumps needed to get all of this stuff this time around and not much more opportunity to get them compared to last year. I think as a bare minimum you would want to aim for 13.2k to get the geo, scientist, lab and mansions. I know the lab is questionable in its current state but hopefully this will be corrected and in future more options may be added. Including other gens takes this total up further, while for any of the other buildings and buffs, you could easily be looking at spending 30k or more. I suspect the pumpkin price will remain high though so that would put me off aiming for tradable buildings that we can get through TO later on.

The mansions look nice. Brace yourself for all of those requests to come in trade tab wanting to buy them off you!
    You will not really want all that.

The extra geologist is more or less useless, after getting iron willed and stone cold geologist you do not really want to use any other geologists, so can skip an extra conscientious geologist.

The laboratory is a complete waste of pumpkins. Which is a shame, I really liked the look of it and would love to have had it on my island, but for the price, and the large space it occupies it is not worth it, just for a cool-looking but useless building.

The new general looks like it has potential in some attacks, so I will buy him. I was sceptical about buying Mary Christmas, but I use her a lot now, so will buy this new one so I have it if it turns out to be useful.

The Haunted Mansions are awesome.

For me only 3 things I will buy, any leftover pumpkins will be used on grout as usual.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    A lot of the stuff in this event was great when it was previously added but not so useful now unless you are just starting.

From my perspective I would be looking at getting the Haunted Mansion (x2), Imp Deerstalker (x2), Imp Bakery (x2), Imp Farm (x3), Imp Store (x3), Village School (x3) and the Lab last as a big decoration.

The Mad Scientist you can get from quest and you are not likely to need 2, the geo is the same as a jolly geo, the other generals are leftovers from when they were good, maybe useful for players who don't have many generals.

You are looking at needing 18800 pumpkins for the above list, 21799 with the lab and then 26798 if you want the 2nd mad scientist too.

Brotherjon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    You will not really want all that.
    Yeah true, prob don’t need that geo, but he’s relatively inexpensive so I might get him. I can see people’s point on the lab too, but my thinking is that they might improve it from the test version or add additional recipes in future, so I might get that too.

As for grout, don’t get it from the merchant with your left over pumps, sell your pumpkins in trade and then buy the grout in trade with the money..

World
    Newfoundland
    quick calc:
    new stuff: 16k pumps
    old stuff: 23k pumps
    +unlimited stuff

cemeteries running 28 days nonstop with +300% buff: 16k (most will get a lot less)
    explorers: depends how many you got, probs pretty decent amount, 5k max?
    other stuff: maybe 2k pumps? quests, achievements, hot fix comp etc

seems last year was pretty even but this year you HAVE to trade.

oh and refills are harder to get as the bonus adv are x2 instead of x3
    Last edited by topgearfan; 27.08.18 at 21:32.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Will the bucket of sweets be tweaked this year to include the epic forge as it does have smelters
    could bb reply to the question it makes a huge difference to anyone who has smelters and with the addition of the epic forge ...myself personally have around 80 smelters on my island would love to get rid of most of them but that is pointless if that buff doesnt work on the forge which it doesnt at present i bought enough last year to last me the year i guess if you dont tweak it will save alot of pumpkins

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post

oh and refills are harder to get as the bonus adv are x2 instead of x3
    What I see in wiki, 1x give much more pumpkins than those 2x adventures. The 2x bonus is more for xp if you want to lvl up fast. But we'll see what the reality is.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    bonus addy were x3 when they started them but there was a % chance u didnt get the bonus. with the X2 bonus u get the bonus every time.

Easter 2017 was my 1st event and it was X3 then. but i rarely got the bonus cause of the % chance of just getting the normal rewards. so X2 is better cause in the long run u get more rewards.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    No.Triple was triple,you must have played the "wrong" ones in between...

Reply to Thread