Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: α-Orionis Centurion Fight Optimiser - New Version

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Centurion version 1.6.1 released

Hello everyone,

today version 1.6.1 of the Centurion Optimiser has been released.

Centurion Downloads

Changes

database:
    * General Tremble Beard added as currently seen on the test server

simulation:
    * Higher precision in simulating concurrent situations of hurricane and slippery ice.
    * Performance improvements. 5-7% faster.

UI:
    * Drag-and-drop cancellation is now working correctly.
    * Column layout of job properties results table is now saved into the settings when the application is closed. In the next session, columns will be laid out as saved in the config.

The next version will be released at the end of October 2020.

Happy optimising,
    alpha Ori
    α-Orionis Centurion Fight Optimiser - A powerful Windows app to optimise your attacks and manage your adventures, strategies, tactical information
    Announcement | Download | Wiki | Forum Thread

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

v1.6.1.1 released.

Hello everyone,

today version 1.6.1.1 of the Centurion Optimiser has been released.

Centurion Downloads

Changes

database:
    * Vario event adventure MistyCake added. There are 3 level-dependent versions of the adventure. Each time the event is started, enemies in the camps may vary. there are 2 to 4 different possibilities of enemies in the camps. In Centurion they are reflected with letters a, b, c, d at the camp numbers, so you can optimise all possible versions. Should you encounter enemies not covered in Centurion yet, you are welcome to report them back and I will enhance the database.
    * General Tremble Beard adapted to latest changes (garrison increased from 150 to 160)
    * several camps and their opponents adjusted. Special thanks to user/player PP: Wissen#14, Wissen#15, Oll#21, SchoPri#0, SchoPri#24, BelS#34, MntLab#18, MntLab#23.

The next version will be released at the end of October 2020.

Happy optimising,
    alpha Ori
    α-Orionis Centurion Fight Optimiser - A powerful Windows app to optimise your attacks and manage your adventures, strategies, tactical information

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    any chance you could add Sylvana too pls?
    i have a few of those with different names and it'll be easier to have a picture attached to them instead of Boris

tyvm

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    any chance you could add Sylvana too pls?
    Hi John,

I currently don't have plans to do that. The list of generals is already pretty long and it would be redundant. For that same reason there is no Grim Reaper general in Centurion, because it is 100% identical with the Battle-Hardened. I agree that the picture isn't right in the agenda when you have to use Boris instead of Sylvana, there is no arguing about that... but that is actually all, I think.

The next update might be a minor database enhancement for the Misty Cake and then I'll wait until the Halloween event appears on the test server to see what kinds of news it may bring...

Cheers,
    aO

World
    Northisle
    any chance you could release a bit more compute power?

right now it sits at 20% CPU. maybe 3 buttons with 2x 3x 4x sort of boost
    maybe limit it to 75% CPU usage if you really have to

having a few new generals with some good traits, i'm trying to redo my speed scenarios and that little processing boost will help a lot before the xmas event

also gonna throw a wild thought out there:

set up orionis with the exact number of generals you've got
    let's say you run a useful generals in an adventure to all the camps.
    then you move all those results to the left in one folder all together.

now, somehow, you press a button and orionis comes up with an pre-adventure plan, using all the generals you've got, hitting only once per adventure.
    then you go back , look at the loses and if you're happy, optimise and assign to an adventure plan

EX: let's say i have 3x nusala, 3x vargus, 3x anslem, 3x steadfast, 3xgemini, 3xboris, 3xsylvana, 3x cloaked, 3xbeard, 3xmg
    i do a useful generals sim for YWC
    then i use that magic button and generate a possible scenario hitting all camps but not using the same general more then 3 times
    after that i optimise and assign to an agenda if happy with the results

could this be done by any chance?

also another one: when you hover mouse over 100% you could see the first 7-10 generals in that list that win the fight

also: an option to clone an agenda
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 20.09.20 at 15:23.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Version 1.6.2 released

Hello everyone,

today version 1.6.2 of the Centurion Optimiser has been released.

Centurion Downloads

Changes

database:
    * New Ghost General added. Will probably be deployed for the Halloween 2020 event. Properties are as currently seen on the test server.

application:
    * “Breijer” bug fixed where the application could not restart after a crash because of a corrupt file in the Windows profile.
    * Logging enhanced. Useful for trouble-shooting when a problem occurs.

The next version will be released at the end of November 2020.

Happy optimising,
    alpha Ori
    Last edited by AlphaOri; 04.10.20 at 19:01.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    any chance you could release a bit more compute power?

right now it sits at 20% CPU. maybe 3 buttons with 2x 3x 4x sort of boost
    maybe limit it to 75% CPU usage if you really have to
    What is the number of jobs you're allowing to run in parallel? Maybe on your computer this number could be increased? I will check on the resource management when parallel jobs are running.. but right now I think that is at the level of .NET and Windows and I am not certain how many tools I have available there.

also gonna throw a wild thought out there:

set up orionis with the exact number of generals you've got
    let's say you run a useful generals in an adventure to all the camps.
    then you move all those results to the left in one folder all together.

now, somehow, you press a button and orionis comes up with an pre-adventure plan, using all the generals you've got, hitting only once per adventure.
    then you go back , look at the loses and if you're happy, optimise and assign to an adventure plan
    It sounds like a very convenient process indeed. It would have to start with telling Centurion how many copies of each general I have. I have for example 3xVet and 5xMMA and they are all skilled identical. You want to achieve an optimal usage of all your generals throughout the adventure. So Centurion would have to dispatch all available copies.

On the other hand I haven't come across the idea of optimising it along these lines before. I'm not saying it is not a valid thought... I just have to figure out the consequences it may have for the app. What I usually hear is optimisation for max XP or for max efficiency or least production time in the barracks.

also another one: when you hover mouse over 100% you could see the first 7-10 generals in that list that win the fight
    That can probably be arranged, I'll put it on my list

also: an option to clone an agenda
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind before too It's not a very hard thing to do. Goes on my list as well.

Thanks... nice thinking you have there Much appreciated!

aO

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Version 1.6.2.1 published

Hello everyone,

today version 1.6.2.1 of the Centurion Optimiser has been released.

Centurion Downloads

Changes

database:
    * New adventure “Bonaberti Business” added as currently seen on the test server. Enemy troops are all unnamed because they are still unnamed on the server. Will be updated as soon as information becomes available.
    * Camp GntBtl#9 (Giant Battle) corrected.

The next version will be released at the end of January 2021.

Happy optimising,
    alpha Ori

World
    Northisle
    is there a way to change the background colour from bright white to smtg else?

using this on a big HDR screen, it gets very tiring.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    is there a way to change the background colour from bright white to smtg else?
    Quite possibly I can create a way. I'll play around a little and see what I can come up

Reply to Thread