Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coal Refining Guide

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    I can only presume that you are not running the epic forge which consumes coal like there is no tomorrow.
    I do not run the epic forge at the moment, but I am at a level where I can get it. As it stands now all my arrows in my economy that can stay green are green. When I get the epic forge I will plan my economy so that my arrows will stay in the green. Coal is used a lot and needs to be managed well, but with a buff we would be taking away the need to think about how to balance our economies. Which is part of the game. Like I said before, we might as well ask for a zone buff that buffs everything then we can switch our brains off completely. Yes, we do have buffs for other production lines but we can gather coal in more ways than any other resource. Its just all down to management.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 08.09.18 at 12:20.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    One of the beauties of this game is that there are many different ways to play it and each of them is no more right or wrong than any other. Players are free to make and discuss suggestions in this forum as they see fit, but within certain boundaries. It is clearly requested in the sticky thread for this section of the forum that comments should be kept constructive. This request is clearly not being followed by some in this thread and inferring that others are stupid for choosing to play the game a different way to you is not only unhelpful to the discussion, but also rather demeaning, so consider this a friendly warning that such behaviour can and will be moderated when moving forward. By all means disagree with the suggestion, but please do so with respect for players with differing playing styles to your own.

Thank you.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 08.09.18 at 13:10.

World
    Newfoundland

I guess we could just use the Mining Guide that's already in the game
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I guess we could just use the Mining Guide that's already in the game
    I appreciate the thought, but coal mines are the least efficient way to produce coal. The main crux of my suggestion was for a zone buff that would affect cokers, which seem to be the only basic or intermediate building not affected by any of the existing zone buffs.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    I appreciate the thought, but coal mines are the least efficient way to produce coal. The main crux of my suggestion was for a zone buff that would affect cokers, which seem to be the only basic or intermediate building not affected by any of the existing zone buffs.
    Might be an idea to use better buffs on the coal making buildings. With the snack stand and the ease at which players can obtain good buffs I think using better buffs would solve the problem. So with that, A zone buff is not really needed. Also as well as having good management skills regarding the game economy.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 08.09.18 at 14:43.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Might be an idea to use better buffs on the coal making buildings. With the snack stand and the ease at which players can obtain good buffs I think using better buffs would solve the problem. So with that, A zone buff is not really needed. Also as well as having good management skills regarding the game economy.
    A fair point, to be sure, but one could make the same argument against all zone buffs. They exist in the game now and the omission of one that includes cokers seems something of an oversight, but that is just my opinion. Thank you for being more constructive.

World
    Newfoundland
    like many items in the game, coal is an issue at certain points. After you been here a while you have more recyclers, 2 epics (maybe) . Coal becomes less of an issue.

So a good idea for some and pointless for others i would guess.

I like the zone buffs, but I do not like the 4 hour time span. I work 6 days a week so the time span is not useful to me. regardless of the buff.

Anyway Have a great day !

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Personally, I am not particularly short on coal, but I do know of folks who run on quite a serious deficit, mainly relatively new players who have only had opportunity to obtain a few Recyclers to date. So, while I was browsing through the zone buffs in my star, I noticed there were zone buffs for a lot of groupings such as mines, masons, wood, food, smelters and so forth, but there wasn't one for coal and thought it might make a good suggestion.

As for the final part of your comment, I fail to see any point to it whatsoever other than a needless attempt at ridicule. It's certainly not constructive in any way.
    Agreed. Some of the statements on the thread make it sound like if you are using any buffs at all there's something wrong with your economy. I run pretty close to balanced but naturally there are times where I need a surge of production and need to activate many things I don't normally run to achieve my goal. Some zone-wide coal production would be handy.

Very unfair for anyone to say you never need extra coal at one time or another.
    Last edited by Xibor; 09.09.18 at 21:47.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread