Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals' attacking order

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Generals' attacking order

Generals attack the camp in the same order in which they arrive.

What happens when 2 (or more) gens technically arrive at the same time?

For example when I send General 1 to Camp 1. And right after that I send Gens 1 & 2 to Camp 2. Gens 1 & 2 will get intercepted by Camp 1. So when Camp 1 is destroyed, they "get free" at the same time and march towards Camp 2.

Who goes first in that case?
    Is it random? Is it based on the order they were sent out? Is it based on the order they reached Camp 1?
    Or some other option that doesn't come to mind?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What you see at this level of detail is just a crude graphical representation of what the server sees. Since we cant see what is happening the way the server is seeing it we cant predict what is going to happen. Obviouly 1 general must be entering the camp before the other but we wont know which one until after the fight.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Obviously the game registers them in some order. That's what I'm asking, if anyone knows what it is based on? If there is a certain factor that the server bases its decision on, we could manipulate it and use it to our advantage.
    If it's completely random nothing to do then, of course.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Try it out on a simple adventure like WotS. Send a mma with 220r to the first camp and have 2 different (nus 1r + vet 1c) gens get intercepted . Check which of the other 2 gens attacks first. Repeat for every camp in the adventure to see if there is a pattern.
    Last edited by Budgy; 19.09.18 at 18:55.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not random but it's not something you can control in a game legal manner. If you succeed BB will assume your doing it in the sort of non game legal way which will result in a permaban.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    attacking order is based on order sent. BB recently fixed a bug to ensure this happens. not very inspirational i know, but i guess we have to trust bb at some point.

doro's comment about a graphical representation reminds us that there is a program running in the background that has already decided the order of attack. i would presume (but not guarantee) the order would remain the same. I would advise asking a dev, but tbh i doubt they have much more idea than we do!

Reply to Thread