Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Congrats to everyone for reaching the week 2 goal and earning the scouting post! And thanks BB, for the event. I wasn't sure about the candle/dough division at first, but it seems to have worked out ok. It was a relaxed event, and always nice to get new stuff.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Scouting post - hmm - first thought nice to get a new building that gives you extra exp. Nice to get something free.
    Then now I just feel kind of cheated and confused. One more building that takes up room and have a very limited use and a very long cool down time.

This seems is far to complicated to be fun. I feel like being given a gift with a lot of small print writing about limited use. I am not even sure that I get it right after that we have had a long discussion in guild and having read what people have been talking about in help tab. As understand now - it gives some extra exp for adv started after the buff and within 2 hours. Then a cool down of 48 hour. 48 hour will mean I will probably forget it even exist. Then to have any benefit at all I will have to kill some camps before the buff runs out. The travel time to adv is 10 mins to 30 mins. Then there is the move gens and walk time. On big adv not much time to actually do kills within 2 hours.
    With the limited space there is on island I wonder if this will end up crowding star together with all the trophies and other useless ornaments.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a big objection and critic on the event!

Overall, I do like it. But, in my opinion (which I expressed earlier as well), events should be a reward for players who play regularly!

We will all agree that real life events take priority.... but when that happens during the event, some regular players are put into disadvantage! I myself had been out of the game for some 10 days because of an urgent trip due to medical reasons, but I returned a day or two after the event started, and I had no problems accomplishing all the goals (15k balloons and having all achievements done).
    I have a guildie, who was about a week late for the event due to real life obligations, and whatever we did to help her maximize the balloons production, she will still be short a few hundred balloons for the 15k balloons goal by the end of the event. On the other hand, I will have probably a few thousand balloons, which I don't really need, because I don't find the rewards for the bonus contributions too appealing. I would rather donate those balloons to my guildie, and I can say to anyone else who might be falling short of the 15k goal.

So, I think we should be enabled to donate our surplus balloons to such players! I underline "donate", not trade or sell either directly or through Trade Office, because that can be "abused", and greed showing up as quite a few people here have already observed for candles and dough. Also, I believe such a feature would be in line with the overall idea of the event, to cooperate and help each other.
    So my suggestion is to have another line/field added to the "Donate Balloons", a choice between donating to the community and donating to a certain player. They will all end up being donated to the community anyway, so why not allow a few more players to reach the goal, and be happy with one more event? For me helping out a guildie or a fellow player would be much more rewarding than the reward given by the "Continued Contributions".

And indeed, there is an option to buy additional balloons for gems, but that is far from being rewarding, and in my opinion would fall out of the main ideas of an event, which would be to reward active and regular players, as well as helping each other and cooperating. And at least there should be an offer to buy a hundred balloons or less, not a thousand as the minimum offer. If it is about the money people spend on buying gems, I believe that happens all the year around, and is not connected to events. Besides, when celebrating, you treat people, not have them pay the bill, right?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Scouting post - hmm - first thought nice to get a new building that gives you extra exp. Nice to get something free.
    Then now I just feel kind of cheated and confused. One more building that takes up room and have a very limited use and a very long cool down time.

This seems is far to complicated to be fun. I feel like being given a gift with a lot of small print writing about limited use. I am not even sure that I get it right after that we have had a long discussion in guild and having read what people have been talking about in help tab. As understand now - it gives some extra exp for adv started after the buff and within 2 hours. Then a cool down of 48 hour. 48 hour will mean I will probably forget it even exist. Then to have any benefit at all I will have to kill some camps before the buff runs out. The travel time to adv is 10 mins to 30 mins. Then there is the move gens and walk time. On big adv not much time to actually do kills within 2 hours.
    With the limited space there is on island I wonder if this will end up crowding star together with all the trophies and other useless ornaments.
    not that complicated!

from dev diary 'Zone Effect: +20% combat experience on adventures started, while this buff is active.'
    nothing about having to complete the adventure or even get kills on it as long as it has been started while buff active; I can confirm that the 20% bonus stays on the adventure after the buff runs out on home island; so if you plan carefully can get a 1 or 2 quick adventures completed, start another and grab a lootspot all within the 2 hours, complete last adventure at your leisure

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

Congrats community and thanks to all who contributed toward making the achievement
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Congrats community and thanks to all who contributed toward making the achievement
    Here here! Nicely done, pretty easy stress free event with some nice freebies :-)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post

The scouting post bonus time limit is only on the home island. Any adventure started within the 2 hour limit will have the bonus XP.
    Example: You can start an adventure 5mins before it ends on home island, and it will still have the bonus xp counted for the duration of the adventure--even if you ends it a week later.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Fighter View Post
    I have a big objection and critic on the event!

Overall, I do like it. But, in my opinion (which I expressed earlier as well), events should be a reward for players who play regularly!

We will all agree that real life events take priority.... but when that happens during the event, some regular players are put into disadvantage! I myself had been out of the game for some 10 days because of an urgent trip due to medical reasons, but I returned a day or two after the event started, and I had no problems accomplishing all the goals (15k balloons and having all achievements done).
    I have a guildie, who was about a week late for the event due to real life obligations, and whatever we did to help her maximize the balloons production, she will still be short a few hundred balloons for the 15k balloons goal by the end of the event. On the other hand, I will have probably a few thousand balloons, which I don't really need, because I don't find the rewards for the bonus contributions too appealing. I would rather donate those balloons to my guildie, and I can say to anyone else who might be falling short of the 15k goal.

So, I think we should be enabled to donate our surplus balloons to such players! I underline "donate", not trade or sell either directly or through Trade Office, because that can be "abused", and greed showing up as quite a few people here have already observed for candles and dough. Also, I believe such a feature would be in line with the overall idea of the event, to cooperate and help each other.
    So my suggestion is to have another line/field added to the "Donate Balloons", a choice between donating to the community and donating to a certain player. They will all end up being donated to the community anyway, so why not allow a few more players to reach the goal, and be happy with one more event? For me helping out a guildie or a fellow player would be much more rewarding than the reward given by the "Continued Contributions".

And indeed, there is an option to buy additional balloons for gems, but that is far from being rewarding, and in my opinion would fall out of the main ideas of an event, which would be to reward active and regular players, as well as helping each other and cooperating. And at least there should be an offer to buy a hundred balloons or less, not a thousand as the minimum offer. If it is about the money people spend on buying gems, I believe that happens all the year around, and is not connected to events. Besides, when celebrating, you treat people, not have them pay the bill, right?
    I agree. I'm not a massive fan of the concept of an event with minimal ways to get the main currency anyway, but if it has to be this way I would like to be able to donate them to people on my friends list or within the guild

World
    Newfoundland
    Well done everybody!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Positives:
    Nice rewards for achieving the stage targets -Deerstalker etc.
    Scout shed is a handy way of getting extra exp, no matter how little that might be.
    Excellent to see lower level players in a position of strength for a change as they controlled the flow of dough.
    Quiet, relaxed event with easily achievable targets for those who could get online most days.
    Forced people to come out of their shells and chat a bit more as they needed to ask for cake swaps etc.

Negatives:
    Profiteering by players on trade on what was labelled as community event. Fortunately there was enough community spirit within our guild for us not to have issues there.
    Would have been nice to be able to help those with busier real lives to gather the balloons that they needed, but again doubtless that would have led to the greedy asking daft prices on trade.
    Would have liked the explorers to have been able to find balloons but it was what it was and we reached the target anyway.
    Cool-down time on scout shed, just because I will keep forgetting to click it, lol.

Thanks BB was good fun, roll on Halloween

Reply to Thread