Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    "Once Phase 1 ends and Phase 2 begins, any Balloons that were donated past the previous goal will be subsequently added to the new goal!"

That sounds as if the target will be increased by the number of balloons donated in excess of 350 million in phase I. In other words, if phase 2 goal is intended to be 700 million, and 400 million are donated in phase I, the excess of 50 million will be added to the goal, making it 750 million.

I hope it means that any balloons that were donated past the previous goal will subsequently be counted towards the new goal.
    I'm going to live to 120 - or die trying

World
    Sandycove
    GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done community
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellengaria View Post
    "Once Phase 1 ends and Phase 2 begins, any Balloons that were donated past the previous goal will be subsequently added to the new goal!"

That sounds as if the target will be increased by the number of balloons donated in excess of 350 million in phase I. In other words, if phase 2 goal is intended to be 700 million, and 400 million are donated in phase I, the excess of 50 million will be added to the goal, making it 750 million.

I hope it means that any balloons that were donated past the previous goal will subsequently be counted towards the new goal.
    I take it to mean that they will be applied - any overlap will be placed towards the new goal. Otherwise it would be very unfair.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    Terrible event. Cancel it immediately.
    Enjoying your Settlers HQ?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Why was the community goal changed? this new target will be hit by tonight, lol. Shame on u BB for bowing down to the moaners on every server, most ppl haven't donated yet.
    Completing the very 1st crisis quest back in 2012/13 was an achievement, everything since has been easy enough for a 7 year old to complete!
    Thanks.
    Very easy to say in retrospect. So wise now that the answer is known.
    Without knowing whether or not the goal would be met I worked quite hard maximizing the output of balloons. I'm sure others did also.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Dear settlers,

We have received a lot of questions in regard to the Community Goal during the second phase of the event. Today we would like to shed some light on this matter:

• Once the Phase 1 goal has been met, players may continue to donate Balloons which will be counted towards over-capping the goal (e.g. 375kk/350kk). Once Phase 1 ends and Phase 2 begins, any Balloons that were donated past the previous goal will be subsequently added to the new goal!
    • Balloons gathered/acquired during the 1st phase that isn't donated during the 1st phase, are being taken into account during the 2nd phase objective calculation.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Saqui

We could use some more light on this matter.
    If we donate 375M/350M will the next goal be 25M higher? eg 775M? Or will we just start at 375/750?

In short: Does it matter if we donate now or not?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Why was the community goal changed? this new target will be hit by tonight, lol. Shame on u BB for bowing down to the moaners on every server, most ppl haven't donated yet.
    Completing the very 1st crisis quest back in 2012/13 was an achievement, everything since has been easy enough for a 7 year old to complete!
    The Crisis quest wasn't hard, it was expensive. Huge difference.

Same with this event. Too expensive to bother with, I'm not wasting millions of resources for rewards I'm doing just fine without.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Same with this event. Too expensive to bother with, I'm not wasting millions of resources for rewards I'm doing just fine without.
    I think it's sensible enough in demand, to be honest, my production lines can keep up with the hall's demands without issue -and- have a surplus. If you are using millions of ressources you are choosing the wrong type of ressource for balloon conversion at your level.

The thing that bothers me about the event is how the divided the event ressources up and the huge difference in drop rate between candles and dough.
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 29.09.18 at 20:56. Reason: Typo
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    The Crisis quest wasn't hard, it was expensive. Huge difference.

Join Date Jun 2012
    Not sure if serious. Unless you have deliberately done nothing at all for 6 years this event should be a complete cakewalk for you.
    Since you imply you have millions of resources you are just cheap and will get the rewards while giving nothing yourself. Its fine. Please at least donate the free balloons you get. If you keep them they will be lost and gain you nothing.

Edit: Oops, seems you get 1 coin per balloon if you keep them. Really sad that this is the case. Anyway I hope you still donate them. If not Im prepared to pay you the coins to donate them. All the best.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 29.09.18 at 15:27.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I think now that buffs work as they should the event turns out to be OK. Some little decent rewards for not much hassle after all. Resource sink is not as bad as I expected, can easily keep up when switching between them. And buffs ........ well that's the only little irritating part with the need to be buffed by friend and buffs not tradeable. But sort of understand why they are not tradeable, so can live with that. I'm sure it's no issue for hardcorers. It's only us who have life outside the game who may struggle with that a bit.

Oh, and regarding lowered goal? Well, for me, better safe then sorry. Glad I got the Headquarters for all those resources.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 29.09.18 at 17:19.

Reply to Thread