Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    great idea but poorly executed. The idea of making event resources only available to certain levels is fundamentally flawed as those under 50 are generally the ones who do not play regularly or if they do they do not have vast numbers of explorers, generals or resources to enable them to get the dough from searches and adventures. Also a lot of them do not interact with other players very often. Of the 10 under 50's in my guild we only ever hear from about 4 of them and the others have not gained a level in months even though they have been online. I fear this is shaping up to be the worst event so far.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    do both cakes work on the achievements for casting on your island i ask as i have had both applied the petite and the enormous yet only one has counted
    the petite does count - and you can use stop buff to remove it and then maybe put masters toolkit instead if you like - it is 1:2 and petite only 1:1,5. With the amount of collies to make cake - the big one is kind of out of reach :-D
    Dont know if the big counts- I hope so as we can get 1 or 2 from ach
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    He means people are waiting for phase 2 where the Scouting Post is the community reward. I've seen many people saying they will do that. We will most likely fail phase 1 and not get the Settlers HQ unless BB will readjust again. However BB can already see how many has been produced VS donated.
    So it's the case for some that they will do nothing during phase 1 (and if lucky get a reward for doing nothing) in order to get the reward they want and affect the community as a whole by doing so? Wow. How generous and considerate to all the other players that are working hard now.

It would be my wish such players will get nothing in phase 1 at least - but they probably will.
    I wouldn't be very proud of myself personally.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    So it's the case for some that they will do nothing during phase 1 (and if lucky get a reward for doing nothing) in order to get the reward they want and affect the community as a whole by doing so? Wow. How generous and considerate to all the other players that are working hard now.

It would be my wish such players will get nothing in phase 1 at least - but they probably will.
    I wouldn't be very proud of myself personally.
    Totally agree with you.
    And maybe BB shouldn't announce the reward in advance

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    Totally agree with you.
    And maybe BB shouldn't announce the reward in advance
    And/or what if there was an unpublished number of balloons per level that if you didn't donate at least than many during the phase you get nothing. Wouldn't that be interesting.... a reasonable number - the lower the level the easier to reach. Oh well - I'll still keep working as hard as I can to help the community make both goals
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    still got glitches. might be that the hotfix didnt correct the errors. had 2 freinds buff my hall 1 before the hot fix which didnt get counted and 1 after that did count. quest book says ive donated 9,160 balloons achievements says its 8,704.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Looks like community target is doable now.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    My guild has 42 members only 4 r over lvl 51. we tend to take in newbies a lot. r highest lvl player is lvl 61. im 3rd highest at lvl 58.
    I had about 500k water at the start of the event thats all gone. 34,400 water an hr to make 8 balloons so it chewed that up very fast. even making +22k water a day it didnt last long. A few of the low lvlplayers in my guild had to stop making balloons cause they ran out of res already. so others r giving them what they can to help them out. so thats depleting r reserves as well.
    Contact guilds that have one or more of the following in decscription: Oldest guild in server or donating millions of resources to new players or many high level players like to help etc. Explain you are some weird anomaly guild and ask to help with res to donate. Last event there was a chat channel with coordinated effort from all server.. this time seems good if there is actually some help given out on guild level.. :S We wont get very far like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    He means people are waiting for phase 2 where the Scouting Post is the community reward. I've seen many people saying they will do that. We will most likely fail phase 1 and not get the Settlers HQ unless BB will readjust again. However BB can already see how many has been produced VS donated.
    why do people assume the counter will be replaced with a new one? last time it just continued until the end of the event.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    todays daily nothing special adv didnt got in star.so more bugs after last update

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    why do people assume the counter will be replaced with a new one? last time it just continued until the end of the event.
    I was thinking something similar. For all we know, the second week target could be set to, say, 700 million with the counter starting at however many we donated during the first week.

Reply to Thread