Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i think this event is a gr8 idea and i understand why bb have struggled to get it right.

Maybe it would be better if bb lifted the time limit and let us take as long as we need to hit that 350 million target. i'm sure we'd all get our 15k.

bb get to celebrate their birthday with a nice event and all the players get all rewards, win win win

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    my guild has plenty of dough as most of r members r lvl 50 and below. its candles were having probs with as only 4 is high enough to get them.

Festival hall is not working right even without the buffs. i should of got 24 balloons on the last lot that finished unbuffed but only got 20. the 350,000,000 target at the mo looks like were not going to get near it. but some might think they ned to donate all the balloons in 1 go. so maybe its not going up fast enough cause of that.
    im donating balloons as soon as i make them and getting close to the 750k balloons donated. but thats cause i brought 5k with gems.

main prob i think will be week 2. if players have got the 15k balloons they will stop making them to conserve res so the week 2 goal might be impossible to get. or players might run out of res and have to stop making balloons.

Way too costly on res to keep making balloons. especialy when halloween is so close.
    Even though i had upto 500k of each res needed for ballons saved up ready most of it is gone in the 1st 2 days. by the end of the 1st week i dont think ill have much res left to make balloons for the 2nd week.

As for what others said about the ratio of candles and dough from addy its way too high. it would be better if it was equal amounts. ridicules trades for extortonate prices to get dough or candles in the TO. seen some wanting 500k coins just for 10 dough. or 100 candles for 10 dough. But its the same for every event. greed steps in. u get better ratios for converting dough to candles and visa versa in the PH than u get in the TO.

Come on guys play fair and do 1 to 1 trades in the TO on candles and dough. if not then none of us will get the rewards from the event and all that res used will be wasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    50% bonus for both barracks for gems (4k+8k=12k) makes this game pay to win.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm assuming this was a typo cliff60 ?
    close to the 750k balloons donated
    But it got me thinking about the math:

350,000,000 ?

If we assume everybody on the server reaches there 15,000 target, does that mean there are over 23,000 active of us on this server? worldwide even?
    Something looks a little off to me and its not just the buffs on the festival hall

FYI ( as I'm bored ) That means that of the 252,000 registered players since the game started , Sandycove must have 9% of the active players that have ever played the game still playing! wow, as a chat lurker I never knew I was in such good company lmao
    Last edited by Larili; 26.09.18 at 08:42. Reason: FYI addition
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    my guild has plenty of dough as most of r members r lvl 50 and below. its candles were having probs with as only 4 is high enough to get them.

Festival hall is not working right even without the buffs. i should of got 24 balloons on the last lot that finished unbuffed but only got 20. the 350,000,000 target at the mo looks like were not going to get near it. but some might think they ned to donate all the balloons in 1 go. so maybe its not going up fast enough cause of that.
    im donating balloons as soon as i make them and getting close to the 750k balloons donated. but thats cause i brought 5k with gems.

main prob i think will be week 2. if players have got the 15k balloons they will stop making them to conserve res so the week 2 goal might be impossible to get. or players might run out of res and have to stop making balloons.

Way too costly on res to keep making balloons. especialy when halloween is so close.
    Even though i had upto 500k of each res needed for ballons saved up ready most of it is gone in the 1st 2 days. by the end of the 1st week i dont think ill have much res left to make balloons for the 2nd week.

As for what others said about the ratio of candles and dough from addy its way too high. it would be better if it was equal amounts. ridicules trades for extortonate prices to get dough or candles in the TO. seen some wanting 500k coins just for 10 dough. or 100 candles for 10 dough. But its the same for every event. greed steps in. u get better ratios for converting dough to candles and visa versa in the PH than u get in the TO.

Come on guys play fair and do 1 to 1 trades in the TO on candles and dough. if not then none of us will get the rewards from the event and all that res used will be wasted.
    So much random mystery in this post its almost awesome.

Guild that has most members lvl 50 and below? Impossible. Do you guys invite every new player you see?

Having probs with getting candles?! Impossible. Have you looked in to or Trade or here of whereever basically? You could probs get 3 candles for every dough if you wanted. Or you could not be selfish and accept the tons of 1:1 trades.

750k balloons donated with 5k gems?? The gem to balloon ratio must be pretty great!

Making balloons is not costly at all. If you have any sort of economy going and dont use up resources immediately. If you dont ask from your guild for help. Or frends list. Or even Trade? Plenty of normal guilds out there that help their members and have 80+% of players with millions of res in star.

500k of each resource and almost gone in 2 days?! Impossible.

Funny you find all the super greed trades but cant see any of the normal ones. If there really isnt any make your own. Gone in seconds.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    It is worldwide and BB has the numbers. They are from the Easter event though.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    its a typo lol should be 7500.

Hotfix didnt fix some things. still not registering cakes applied by freinds on my festival hall in acheivements.

My guild has 42 members only 4 r over lvl 51. we tend to take in newbies a lot. r highest lvl player is lvl 61. im 3rd highest at lvl 58.
    I had about 500k water at the start of the event thats all gone. 34,400 water an hr to make 8 balloons so it chewed that up very fast. even making +22k water a day it didnt last long. A few of the low lvlplayers in my guild had to stop making balloons cause they ran out of res already. so others r giving them what they can to help them out. so thats depleting r reserves as well.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    im 3rd highest at lvl 58.
    I had about 500k water at the start of the event thats all gone. 34,400 water an hr to make 8 balloons so it chewed that up very fast. even making +22k water a day it didnt last long.
    Your problem here lies in the fact you are using water at lvl 58. Water conversion is only really good for players up to lvl 40, after that it becomes expensive fast. Use another ressource is my advice.

Maybe this post from the US forum can help you, else have a look at the wiki's festival hall page.

Wheels seems like a relatively cheap one, only require exo logs and iron to make, and got a good conversion at lvl 58
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 26.09.18 at 10:10.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't understand your statement because everything I donated is showing through all the rewards and achievements so it doesn't make any sense to wait. It will accumulate regardless.
    He means people are waiting for phase 2 where the Scouting Post is the community reward. I've seen many people saying they will do that. We will most likely fail phase 1 and not get the Settlers HQ unless BB will readjust again. However BB can already see how many has been produced VS donated.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    do both cakes work on the achievements for casting on your island i ask as i have had both applied the petite and the enormous yet only one has counted

Reply to Thread