Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event

World
    Newfoundland
    Noticed something.
    In Newfoundland and Northisle offers for Cake dough : Candles are about equal 1:1.5.
    In Sandicove however its a lot different. Cake dough : Candles are about 0.8-1:1.
    Could it be that most if not all new players are redirected to Sandicove by default when making accounts and thanks to that the ratio of 50- and 50+ players is totally unbalanced between servers?
    If true Cliff60's guild player levels and candle problem dont seem like a fantasy anymore..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Noticed something.
    In Newfoundland and Northisle offers for Cake dough : Candles are about equal 1:1.5.
    In Sandicove however its a lot different. Cake dough : Candles are about 0.8-1:1.
    Could it be that most if not all new players are redirected to Sandicove by default when making accounts and thanks to that the ratio of 50- and 50+ players is totally unbalanced between servers?
    If true Cliff60's guild player levels and candle problem dont seem like a fantasy anymore..
    I wouldn't expect anything other then demographics being totally different on old and new servers. Stands to reason if old accounts are not deleted making no space for new players on old servers. But now that we are talking about that it makes me wonder if that is always the case or if game companies have some remedy for this issue.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    The Crisis quest wasn't hard, it was expensive. Huge difference.

Same with this event. Too expensive to bother with, I'm not wasting millions of resources for rewards I'm doing just fine without.
    As said by others, 1) There must be something you run enough surplus on to not have to pay millions of resources you otherwise need (or else your kingdom is a mess) and 2) At least get the freebies and donate them to others less fortunate than you.

And perhaps watch the movie "A Christmas Carol"
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok, 2 posters are calling me cheap…

Point I was trying to make, is that the rewards are not that great, so I think the resources are better spent elsewhere. Never said I couldn't afford doing it.

No reason to be rude, guys.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    As said by others, 1) There must be something you run enough surplus on to not have to pay millions of resources you otherwise need (or else your kingdom is a mess) and 2) At least get the freebies and donate them to others less fortunate than you.

And perhaps watch the movie "A Christmas Carol"
    I think this event have shown what many of us players already know. We need new players to joins this game to keep it going. We need the new players to join active guilds. Not make new guilds only with new players. We need better system to make newbies join a guild that will suit them. It is very hard to find new players. Newbies that say hi in global get spammed with guild invitations before they even know what a guild is and what they want in the game.
    My guild currently have one under level 50 that is active. He cant provide dough for all of us. We like to have new members to join -but they are a very rare species.

As I said before. I think the thoughts for this event is fine - the idea is fine - the prizes are fine. The amount of candles to dough are not fine - would be fair if we had more newbies to have 2:1 dough: candles to give newbies an advance - but not 4:1, and it would require that we had more newbies in the game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Ok, 2 posters are calling me cheap…

Point I was trying to make, is that the rewards are not that great, so I think the resources are better spent elsewhere. Never said I couldn't afford doing it.

No reason to be rude, guys.
    That logic does not make much sense. I don't know what prices are like in Sandycove but on Newfoundland the tradable rewards alone are worth +500k coins when sold. The ballistas are worth around 100k coins or more if I compare them to assassin/arrows sales when one buys them from other players later when added to the shop and when used they can save thousands of elite units especially when used in MCC. The resources I'm using to get them are less than 50k coins in value and I don't have to do anything but wait and buff the building once or twice a day.

If you would be on my server I would have just sent you enough resources to reach the 12k balloons and kept your festival hall buffed and asked you to give the 2 reward buildings to me and keep the rest. It would have taken you less than 5 minutes to accept the resources trade, activate the building and send the buildings to me after a while. At the same time we would have had one extra person helping to get the community goal.

This event is one of the easiest and most profitable ones in terms of required effort.

I don't think they were rude. Like it was said as a 2012 player this should be effortless task to you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I think this event have shown what many of us players already know. We need new players to joins this game to keep it going.
    We really dont need new players to keep the game going, we would only need them if BB decides to introduce new features that makes us rely on new players without the new players to back it up.

In other words, nothing really is wrong as long as BB doesnt touch it.

The ballistas are worth around 100k coins or more if I compare them to assassin/arrows sales when one buys them from other players
    Its almost 3 years after bumping maximum level and severely reducing the amount of SC one can get, and you still have people dumb enough to sell limited goods for something as worthless as gold coins ? Congratulations, I suppose ..

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Its almost 3 years after bumping maximum level and severely reducing the amount of SC one can get, and you still have people dumb enough to sell limited goods for something as worthless as gold coins ? Congratulations, I suppose ..
    Actually it's the opposite. We have gotten more and more ways to get star coins the past years such as from excelsior, skills, mini quests, scenarios, and so on. We could also include the Pathfinder since it gave a big amount of them too for over a year and still does even with the change. However I've only bought a few but the sellers have been around level 60-70. Not sure if someone who for example just grinds woodcutter needs arrows or assassins that much that they would not sell any.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. We have gotten more and more ways to get star coins the past years such as from excelsior, skills, mini quests, scenarios, and so on.
    We have gotten more ways to get less starcoins I dont think we're even getting close to what you could get at max level just by grinding the XP when exchange rates were way more favourable

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think they did disbalance the trade value,

Higher lv players earn a lot more candles with doing easy adventure, they have more explores and go so on.

So it now is unfair for under lv50 players, because they can now easy access the dough for a cheap price. They have a lot more resources to trade. And they use now all there candle more by them self then selling on the market.
    Why make a event to much community , a small part is good. But if you can almost not make the target of the balloons, the recourse to make are costly. Selling ballons is not possible. So not a huge fan of this event. May be they think in communisim equeal style. Most people are have bad habits and fair trade is only for a few happy people like real life. Fairtrade projects but most is unfair trade, selling under price or subsidis with tax cut or import tarifs. Think also on your new or low level players

Reply to Thread