Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: The Training Grounds

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufert View Post
    But a perma buff will not put more money in BB's pockets.....
    Why not? If You can buff that same building to get more % and buy that buff from shop for that same cost as builing.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mheseto View Post
    No to new buildings...yes to recipe/licence or L7 -> or both
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Correct me if I'm wrong but every single new feat presented on the test server has always ended up going live. Even the dreaded enemy camp health-bar will return sooner or later, as stated by BB when it was eventually "postponed" upon the uproar it caused within the community.
    The introduction of those expansions is going to happen no matter what, even if their obvious and almost sole commercial purpose is for all to see.

Besides with the well-advertised end of Flash, is it really wise to think about investing such sums of proper money in a game that rely so heavily on Flash? Yes Flash has always caused big issues but the future of this game remains unsure at best, doesnt it?

I dont mind buying gems every now and then. But the prices here are outweighing in my viewpoint the usefulness of the buildings.
    It has been proven that cows experience pleasure when milked. Not being of the moo species, it is "udderly" pointless thinking of applying the same experiment to me though.
    So what? I won't buy those expansions and will end up training my troops at the exact same speed as I do now. Fine by me!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but every single new feat presented on the test server has always ended up going live. Even the dreaded enemy camp health-bar will return sooner or later, as stated by BB when it was eventually "postponed" upon the uproar it caused within the community.
    The introduction of those expansions is going to happen no matter what, even if their obvious and almost sole commercial purpose is for all to see.

Besides with the well-advertised end of Flash, is it really wise to think about investing such sums of proper money in a game that rely so heavily on Flash? Yes Flash has always caused big issues but the future of this game remains unsure at best, doesnt it?

I dont mind buying gems every now and then. But the prices here are outweighing in my viewpoint the usefulness of the buildings.
    It has been proven that cows experience pleasure when milked. Not being of the moo species, it is "udderly" pointless thinking of applying the same experiment to me though.
    So what? I won't buy those expansions and will end up training my troops at the exact same speed as I do now. Fine by me!
    I don't mind buying gems from time to time either so I'm not going to continue this topic.

What I don't understand is the hype regarding Flash...don't get me wrong I've read almost everything regarding this topic and even though support from Adobe might be cut in 2020 (these dates/announcements have tendency to get redacted) you still can run the last version as long as you want (you still can see WinXP or even older OS/applications) & regarding the Chrome policy (I think it's stupid -> why browser needs to "tell you" what you can use!?)...plus even in latest version you can still return to previous behaviour (chrome:flags) and once they remove it completely you are free to play TSO with BB's app or whatever portable older browser you choose.

The only "one" who can close down TSO is BB and until that announcement is made we're safe I think.
    Last edited by sk_setttler; 21.09.18 at 17:02.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the main intention of these building is to fund the game development further and cover the costs of things like the server and support staff. For that purpose a building with duplicate behavior is probably one of the best approaches as each copy will result in a separate purchase and there is no purchase limit, at least at the moment. There is already a lot of stuff available for gems but a lot of them are also available during events or via trade which means there is no guaranteed sale.

Also the "new" trend of having so many different buildings with duplicates for a bonus is most likely part of bigger plan too and definitely been happening on purpose. It's a trade-off for players, you gain something by placing an additional building but at the same time you must remove something if you lack of free space. This can result in a player buying more islands or replacing regular production buildings with improved ones and thus spending more gems.

Since Flash was mentioned it a worthy thing to note that Flash support ending brought and unexpected issue to BB. They have to close the game or fund the development on a workaround or alternative client for the game to continue past next year.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sk_setttler View Post
    What I don't understand is the hype regarding Flash...don't get me wrong I've read almost everything regarding this topic and even though support from Adobe might be cut in 2020 (these dates/announcements have tendency to get redacted) you still can run the last version as long as you want (you still can see WinXP or even older OS/applications) & regarding the Chrome policy (I think it's stupid -> why browser needs to "tell you" what you can use!?)...plus even in latest version you can still return to previous behaviour (chrome:flags) and once they remove it completely you are free to play TSO with BB's app or whatever portable older browser you choose.
    Nope, the 2020 date is pretty much set in stone by Adobe and it's their last support date to the public. After that it would be a security risk to run Flash if new vulnerabilities are found as they wont be fixed by anyone. For Flash to run it requires browsers to have an old application interface available to it. Keeping this interface available is an extra burden to the browser vendors as it requires maintenance and poses a security threat. Some of them will already remove it next year or the one after.

So in essence, while today you can still enable the Flash by clicking accept or enabling it via browser flags that won't be the case the next and the following year. Flash support will be permanently deleted and the only way to still run it is to use special builds of browsers or older versions. Now a lot of the current userbase cannot or will not do that and it will result in the game servers to be closed one by one due lack of players.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    why does "show" show the name of what we all ready have, ?? elite barracks and barracks,

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by royavatar View Post
    why does "show" show the name of what we all ready have, ?? elite barracks and barracks,
    It shows the new interface for them with duplicates and speed

World
    Newfoundland
    Description says both buildings are non-deletable. As in once placed you can only move them at best but not return them to your star menu?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i hope with all the cash bb is raking in the game keeps getting better
    Last edited by vigabrand; 22.09.18 at 06:37.

Reply to Thread