Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anniversary Event - No Dough!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Did you people really think it was a good idea not give lvl 50+ players cake dough?

You have got to be kidding, noone can be that stupid.

And this after the travesty that was the resource nodes on the new islands. Are you guys trying to make all your players mad and leave the game?

I really really regret spending money on gems a couple of weeks ago now.

I AM SO ANNOYED right now.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Did you people really think it was a good idea not give lvl 50+ players cake dough?

You have got to be kidding, noone can be that stupid.

And this after the travesty that was the resource nodes on the new islands. Are you guys trying to make all your players mad and leave the game?

I really really regret spending money on gems a couple of weeks ago now.

I AM SO ANNOYED right now.
    For some reason they can't just make an event fun and enjoyable to play. They have to make them complicated and more of a chore. I don't mind working for the rewards on offer but at least make it possible to be in with a chance of getting the rewards. Instead of just bringing out an event that we can all play and enjoy they have to over think them and make them annoying. It feels like they don't want anyone to win the rewards so they can then sell them in the shop.

I know they need to make money but there are so many easier ways for them to do that. Events should be a time for gaining more active players but if they keep messing around with events they will lose players.

An easy solution for candles and dough. Up to level 50 you get an 80% chance of getting dough and a 20% chance of candles. Level 51 and over 80% candles and 20% dough. This way they get to keep their crazy idea of limiting the amounts people get depending on level but we all get a chance of gaining either resource.

Its so easy to make an event fun. I just don't know why they can't do it.

World
    Sandycove
    for once I'm enjoying that the lower levels have the upper hand...

But it wont last, theres only so many candles we can trade, so by week 2 it "should" balance

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    for once I'm enjoying that the lower levels have the upper hand...

But it wont last, theres only so many candles we can trade, so by week 2 it "should" balance
    Upper hand?

The only thing that this accomplishes is that it takes longer for everyone to get going with the event, longer time to progress and make balloons. Ridiculous!

World
    Newfoundland
    I really don't know what all the fuss is about the dough and candle distribution. I've had no problems at all in trading my candles for dough at what I see to be a perfectly acceptable exchange rate. OK, it's marginally more effort than it would have been if I'd picked up my own, but it's no big deal.

As for the suggestion about making it 80%:20% on the collectible drop, do you really think that wouldn't have caused just as big an uproar? Think back to the football event just a couple of months ago, and all the complaints about training dummies and the like...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I really don't know what all the fuss is about the dough and candle distribution. I've had no problems at all in trading my candles for dough at what I see to be a perfectly acceptable exchange rate. OK, it's marginally more effort than it would have been if I'd picked up my own, but it's no big deal.

As for the suggestion about making it 80%:20% on the collectible drop, do you really think that wouldn't have caused just as big an uproar? Think back to the football event just a couple of months ago, and all the complaints about training dummies and the like...
    This^^^^

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    as usual event takes more than it gives,under 50's exploiting dough and cost is iniquitous,spoiling the event

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    still probs the hotfix didnt resolve.
    quest book says ive donated 9,358 balloons. Achievements say i donated 8,902.
    Achievements say 1 friend has buffed my hall with cakes but 2 have.
    So achievements havnt been counting correctly.

My guild has the opposite prob to most with candles and dough. 42 members only 4 above lvl 50 to get candles.
    As dough drops a lot more than candles from addy candles r hard to get for r lower lvl players.
    IE arctic explosion 452 dough only 26 candles.
    r lower lvl players r trading their dough to the higher lvl player at 100 dough for 1 fish. higher lvl players were doing 1 to 1 trades on candles and dough. we have tons of dough but very short on candles.

Some very high trade deals in the TO that is way too high. seen some wanting 500k coins for 10 dough. Very few 1 to 1 deals on candles to dough and vica versa. 50 and under r exploiting lvl 51 and over on dough prices and 51 and over r doing the same to 50 and under on candles.

Trading to get both is a good idea but the drop rates need to be more equal so everyone can trade fairly.

out of the members we have it looks like only 3 of the high lvl players r even bothering with the event and most of the low lvls have either quit the game or not doing the event. we have had 6 players go inactive since the event started. lots of others r saying they r not doing the event cause its costing them to much res to make the balloons.
    Several dont understand whatthey have to do even though we have tried to explain it to them. they r so confused they r quitting the game.

Something needs to be done about the event or more players will quit. its mostly the newbies quitting and they r the players we need to keep to keep the game going.
    My guild specillises in taking in newbies to teach them the game and try and keep them in the game. but cause of this event were losing a lot more than normal.
    Last edited by cliff60; 27.09.18 at 10:46.

Reply to Thread