Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Weekly Challenges

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Any ali BB pick except ywc has no guarantee of a followup, I thought this was what BB wanted to move away from, the luck based quests?
    Storm & whirlwind are hideous to play too, nice list of adv, lol.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    "All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."
    I would like to see some BB explanation on the highlighted parts... because a task to complete an adventure NOT available for map fragments is really based on the luck you already have it .... No to mention 3 of them ...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...it?usp=sharing
    I made a table for some residences and how they react to improvement. Hope this helps to decide what buildings you all will focus on upgrading...
    cheers

World
    Sandycove
    Consensus on G1 is that:

the adventure choices are not real choices nor are they realistic in their chances of completion
    the resources required are way over and above the means of many
    many do not require more pop - make tokens usable on production buildings instead

World
    Sandycove
    Please remove those coop adv its killing the weekly quest,, why spend so much time to make some new things when you do it so so wrong..rather make the weekly big resources sunk so we balance the game

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobaca View Post
    Please remove those coop adv its killing the weekly quest,, why spend so much time to make some new things when you do it so so wrong..rather make the weekly big resources sunk so we balance the game
    I thought it already was resource sink?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    I am doing the epidemic chain in it i am led to believe i need to do 3 wisdoms ...where am i meant to get them from? as its luck based if they drop or not are support gonna supply them? as the dev diary states no quests are based on luck drops
    Well as I am on my 7th 3rd thief in an attempt to get one (allegedly 50% chance) and the market for them as unsurprisingly dried up on the buy side I guess divine intervention is maybe the only hope. (Probably more likely to work than BB's randomizers).

Brotherjon
    As others have said already, the weekly challenges are a nice idea in principle and acquiring tokens to upgrade residences, but I don’t think I’ll bother with them after the first one unless some changes are made. The quests are nothing really new, more of the same - make a load of stuff, spend it all, make troops, delegate them all (at great cost) and do these unpopular adventures, in some cases more than once. The delegation of troops is bad enough, but the worst bit is the adventures you have to do to progress. They are unpopular because they give poor loot, are awkward to do and/or difficult to get hold of. If you want to encourage players to do more of these adventures, at least make them available and more attractive to do.
    In my opinion, developers should have thought of a new challenge type, maybe additional loot slots that gave players part of a puzzle, then challenged them to complete the puzzle through trading with friends and guild members...
    Either way, I don’t think all of this hassle is worth the tokens just to increase my population, which doesn’t really need increasing.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    As others have said already, the weekly challenges are a nice idea in principle and acquiring tokens to upgrade residences, but I don’t think I’ll bother with them after the first one unless some changes are made. The quests are nothing really new, more of the same - make a load of stuff, spend it all, make troops, delegate them all (at great cost) and do these unpopular adventures, in some cases more than once. The delegation of troops is bad enough, but the worst bit is the adventures you have to do to progress. They are unpopular because they give poor loot, are awkward to do and/or difficult to get hold of. If you want to encourage players to do more of these adventures, at least make them available and more attractive to do.
    In my opinion, developers should have thought of a new challenge type, maybe additional loot slots that gave players part of a puzzle, then challenged them to complete the puzzle through trading with friends and guild members...
    Either way, I don’t think all of this hassle is worth the tokens just to increase my population, which doesn’t really need increasing.
    +1
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    The purpose of delegating troops has always eluded me...
    Now with the huge amounts of resources required to train said troops and then considering doing adventures which are tough to come by, it feels as a double punishment inflicted by the devs for a rather meager reward (+110 pop while already having 40k in house?).
    I am with the vast majority in saying I have tried this weekly challenge, as it was new thus intriguing, but like so many other features (pvp to name one) I won't be doing it again.

Reply to Thread