Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Weekly Challenges

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The idea of weekly challenges for all is great. We do need something to do. Everyone was looking forward to this.

The result is really like giving us all a very very cold shower after letting us think we would get something fun and enjoyable.

The resource demands:
    I cant see it as anything but a way to strip us from resources and making us pay gems if we really want to solve future quest where we would have used all the resources. Either that or someone put a few extra zeroes on the demands by mistake. It is not something anyone can keep up for more than 1- 2 weeks.Repeat this every week - just forget it.
    The adventure demands. Either there is someone who forgot something on all the one item lists. You cant chose from a list of one item - then it is not a choice, or the person who made the text, is not very good at English and should maybe get someone else to make the translating of the texts.

The one picking the adventures does not have a clue how the game works - or they would have picked adventures people have a chance to get hold of, and have a chance to do within the time frame of a week even though they have day time job also.

Yes we can chose not to do this. But many people feel cheated,- they started this thinking it was something that was possible to do- used the resources thinking that it would pay of- ending up feeling it was all lost because they end up with a more or less impossible task.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I thought weekly challenges would be a good thing, but it's just not worth it for a slightly higher pop, I've already got over 6k spare pop so I just don't need more, I'll just ignore them like I did with PVP, if I could use the tokens for something more useful like buying explosives to remove the remaining mountains and stones then I would do them

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    So we dangled a carrot and people got excited, but they did not go to the test server to see how these challenges actually work. If they had then the woohoos, great idea, yay magic plan etc would have all been changed, as they are now it is live. BB were advised on test that the resource demands were excessive and that quests such as doing ToW would be unacceptable to the majority.

https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...kly-Challenges

If you don't listen the the feedback on test then what is the point of asking?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    having to do 3 1st thief is a joke. to get them u have to do the youngwoodcutter and hope it drops. No way to get 3 of them in a week.ive done 10 woodcutters and only had 1st theif drop once. So to complete it were forced to buy gems which under EU laws is illegal. if i understand the law correctly correctly.

So i for 1 wont be buying or using gems till the weeklies r sorted out so they can be done without having to resort to buying gems. Either reduce the res needed and make it so the addy can be found in searches or remove the weekly challenges.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    The weekly challenges are a good idea, but the way it has been implemented they have made a lot of players unhappy.

Many players are so unhappy that they have decided to stop playing Settlers Online. In any way you look at it this has been a disaster for Settlers Online, and you absolutely have to reconsider how the weekly challenges are done.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Not bad idea but what with ppl (like me) who dont play adventures? Its not fair to forcing us to do adventures on last quest...

Pekk
    Also think this is great idea but difficulty level is way too high. There is no point doing them unless you are really out of space on your island. New features of the game should be fun for everyone.
    Last edited by Pekk; 03.12.18 at 20:32.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Any feedback from BB to the player's feedback?

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Any feedback from BB to the player's feedback?
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...069#post348069

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    There is an extensive thread with feedback on the thread you have linked. My question is has any further feedback come from BB or are we typing for no purpose?

Reply to Thread